Yea they're a bit bright, but not like tons of "crisp" brightness. Kinda... well balanced but with some shouty trebles/high-mids
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 Last post on 4/27/14 at 3:34am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread Last post on 5/27/14 at 11:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most neutral(compensation accounted for) dynamic iems Last post on 6/29/14 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- LG Quadbeat 2 Appreciation Thread!! Last post on 7/1/14 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wanted Heir 8A Last post on 9/27/13 at 2:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 - Page 131post #1951 of 22659/25/13 at 11:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 22659/26/13 at 4:10pm
I returned mine because the upper mids were too spiky for me. Vocals were grating on quite a few albums. Instrument separation, clarity, and detail were all great. The bass was a little weak for me. Just so you know where I'm coming from, HD600 is great in my opinion.post #1953 of 22659/26/13 at 10:09pmQuote:
Agreed about the upper mids. They are spiky and IMO don't work too well with loud rock music. I still do it... but it's not ideal. everything else about them is pretty awesome, ESPECIALLY for their price range.post #1954 of 22659/26/13 at 10:26pmAnyway if I want to get a gift for someone in the form of great iems with a good price the 400's are the way to go, hell even if I find myself iemless and in need of cheap iems these or the ones i'd go for.
Now if only that build quality would last...(my experience with RE0)post #1955 of 22659/27/13 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by kevms89
Anyway if I want to get a gift for someone in the form of great iems with a good price the 400's are the way to go, hell even if I find myself iemless and in need of cheap iems these or the ones i'd go for.
Now if only that build quality would last...(my experience with RE0)
No, it does not hold up very well unfortunately.
The shells themselves are sturdy, the cable is garbage though :/post #1956 of 22659/27/13 at 1:05pmpost #1957 of 22659/27/13 at 4:03pmpost #1958 of 22659/27/13 at 8:36pmpost #1959 of 22659/27/13 at 9:07pmpost #1960 of 22659/28/13 at 9:33pmpost #1961 of 22659/28/13 at 10:03pmCan anyone tell me what higher priced iems the 400's are on par with? I just want to get an idea where they stand SQ wise.
Westone 4? Klipsh X10? Sony XBA3? Sony EX1000? GR07?
All considered high end iems, are these close to that level or is that a little much?post #1962 of 22659/29/13 at 1:17amQuote:
I can tell you that they sound better than my x10i's and on par with my TDK ba200's , they are my favorite iems I own and I own many, they are so comfy and I love the design, easily worth 99$
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4post #1963 of 22659/29/13 at 2:03amQuote:
EX1000 is stretching it I think, but compared to IEMs I´ve previously owned: on par or better than Sony XBA-40 and Sennheiser IE8. Value wise I´d rate them at around 200-250 dollars. The build is a mixed bag though. Strain reliefs are weak and just glued in place, while the aluminium shell is very nice and lightweight. The cable might not hold up that long either. Overall superb value, even in todays more competitive environment.
Edited by vrln - 9/29/13 at 2:59ampost #1964 of 22659/29/13 at 7:00amThats really incredible....
Im sold, im gonna order them soon, if these had better build and a mic I probably wouldnt even consider anything else on the market lol
What about the 600's? THAT much better SQ? Also is the build an issue as well, for a $99 pair im ok if the build might not be amazing but for a $400 pair that would be simply unaccepable imo (ue900).post #1965 of 22659/29/13 at 6:18pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendations for rock/metal $200 budget 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Forum Rules? 4 minutes ago
- › Best Netflix device for my wife... 5 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 6 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 7 minutes ago
- › windows soft to switch between audio outputs? 8 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)