Yea they're a bit bright, but not like tons of "crisp" brightness. Kinda... well balanced but with some shouty trebles/high-mids
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread Last post on 11/19/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- LG Quadbeat 2 Appreciation Thread!! Last post on 2/24/14 at 4:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wanted Heir 8A Last post on 9/27/13 at 2:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- B&W C5 Question and Recommended IEMS for Rock Last post on 11/8/12 at 4:22pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 - Page 131post #1951 of 21969/25/13 at 11:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 21969/26/13 at 4:10pm
I returned mine because the upper mids were too spiky for me. Vocals were grating on quite a few albums. Instrument separation, clarity, and detail were all great. The bass was a little weak for me. Just so you know where I'm coming from, HD600 is great in my opinion.post #1953 of 21969/26/13 at 10:09pmQuote:
Agreed about the upper mids. They are spiky and IMO don't work too well with loud rock music. I still do it... but it's not ideal. everything else about them is pretty awesome, ESPECIALLY for their price range.post #1954 of 21969/26/13 at 10:26pmAnyway if I want to get a gift for someone in the form of great iems with a good price the 400's are the way to go, hell even if I find myself iemless and in need of cheap iems these or the ones i'd go for.
Now if only that build quality would last...(my experience with RE0)post #1955 of 21969/27/13 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by kevms89
Anyway if I want to get a gift for someone in the form of great iems with a good price the 400's are the way to go, hell even if I find myself iemless and in need of cheap iems these or the ones i'd go for.
Now if only that build quality would last...(my experience with RE0)
No, it does not hold up very well unfortunately.
The shells themselves are sturdy, the cable is garbage though :/post #1956 of 21969/27/13 at 1:05pmpost #1957 of 21969/27/13 at 4:03pmpost #1958 of 21969/27/13 at 8:36pmpost #1959 of 21969/27/13 at 9:07pmpost #1960 of 21969/28/13 at 9:33pmpost #1961 of 21969/28/13 at 10:03pmCan anyone tell me what higher priced iems the 400's are on par with? I just want to get an idea where they stand SQ wise.
Westone 4? Klipsh X10? Sony XBA3? Sony EX1000? GR07?
All considered high end iems, are these close to that level or is that a little much?post #1962 of 21969/29/13 at 1:17amQuote:
I can tell you that they sound better than my x10i's and on par with my TDK ba200's , they are my favorite iems I own and I own many, they are so comfy and I love the design, easily worth 99$
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4post #1963 of 21969/29/13 at 2:03amQuote:
EX1000 is stretching it I think, but compared to IEMs I´ve previously owned: on par or better than Sony XBA-40 and Sennheiser IE8. Value wise I´d rate them at around 200-250 dollars. The build is a mixed bag though. Strain reliefs are weak and just glued in place, while the aluminium shell is very nice and lightweight. The cable might not hold up that long either. Overall superb value, even in todays more competitive environment.
Edited by vrln - 9/29/13 at 2:59ampost #1964 of 21969/29/13 at 7:00amThats really incredible....
Im sold, im gonna order them soon, if these had better build and a mic I probably wouldnt even consider anything else on the market lol
What about the 600's? THAT much better SQ? Also is the build an issue as well, for a $99 pair im ok if the build might not be amazing but for a $400 pair that would be simply unaccepable imo (ue900).post #1965 of 21969/29/13 at 6:18pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › $500 Budget for Headphones, please help! 16 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 20 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › would the hd595 be a good purchase for $150? 3 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude