Yea they're a bit bright, but not like tons of "crisp" brightness. Kinda... well balanced but with some shouty trebles/high-mids
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 Last post on 4/27/14 at 3:34am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread Last post on 5/27/14 at 11:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Most neutral(compensation accounted for) dynamic iems Last post on 6/29/14 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/12/14 at 5:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wanted Heir 8A Last post on 9/27/13 at 2:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 - Page 131post #1951 of 23079/25/13 at 11:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 23079/26/13 at 4:10pm
I returned mine because the upper mids were too spiky for me. Vocals were grating on quite a few albums. Instrument separation, clarity, and detail were all great. The bass was a little weak for me. Just so you know where I'm coming from, HD600 is great in my opinion.post #1953 of 23079/26/13 at 10:09pmQuote:
Agreed about the upper mids. They are spiky and IMO don't work too well with loud rock music. I still do it... but it's not ideal. everything else about them is pretty awesome, ESPECIALLY for their price range.post #1954 of 23079/26/13 at 10:26pmAnyway if I want to get a gift for someone in the form of great iems with a good price the 400's are the way to go, hell even if I find myself iemless and in need of cheap iems these or the ones i'd go for.
Now if only that build quality would last...(my experience with RE0)post #1955 of 23079/27/13 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by kevms89
Anyway if I want to get a gift for someone in the form of great iems with a good price the 400's are the way to go, hell even if I find myself iemless and in need of cheap iems these or the ones i'd go for.
Now if only that build quality would last...(my experience with RE0)
No, it does not hold up very well unfortunately.
The shells themselves are sturdy, the cable is garbage though :/post #1956 of 23079/27/13 at 1:05pmpost #1957 of 23079/27/13 at 4:03pmpost #1958 of 23079/27/13 at 8:36pmpost #1959 of 23079/27/13 at 9:07pmpost #1960 of 23079/28/13 at 9:33pmpost #1961 of 23079/28/13 at 10:03pmCan anyone tell me what higher priced iems the 400's are on par with? I just want to get an idea where they stand SQ wise.
Westone 4? Klipsh X10? Sony XBA3? Sony EX1000? GR07?
All considered high end iems, are these close to that level or is that a little much?post #1962 of 23079/29/13 at 1:17amQuote:
I can tell you that they sound better than my x10i's and on par with my TDK ba200's , they are my favorite iems I own and I own many, they are so comfy and I love the design, easily worth 99$
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4post #1963 of 23079/29/13 at 2:03amQuote:
EX1000 is stretching it I think, but compared to IEMs I´ve previously owned: on par or better than Sony XBA-40 and Sennheiser IE8. Value wise I´d rate them at around 200-250 dollars. The build is a mixed bag though. Strain reliefs are weak and just glued in place, while the aluminium shell is very nice and lightweight. The cable might not hold up that long either. Overall superb value, even in todays more competitive environment.
Edited by vrln - 9/29/13 at 2:59ampost #1964 of 23079/29/13 at 7:00amThats really incredible....
Im sold, im gonna order them soon, if these had better build and a mic I probably wouldnt even consider anything else on the market lol
What about the 600's? THAT much better SQ? Also is the build an issue as well, for a $99 pair im ok if the build might not be amazing but for a $400 pair that would be simply unaccepable imo (ue900).post #1965 of 23079/29/13 at 6:18pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 37 seconds ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › How can I prevent my cords from getting destroyed by my office chair? 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones Under 1000K 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)