I am starting to think that I don't exactly have golden ears here...I prefer my transportable rig to my main one. Really, I listen to my transportable a lot more simply because I can carry it around the house, but now I just A/Bed the two systems and plugged both headphones into the HE6 and I still prefer the transportable. I can probably mark this one up to personal tastes but it still surprises me a bit. Anybody think something is out of place here? Maybe I should try this again when I am sober? In any case rocking out the later wins.
- productALO Audio 'The Continental' Mobile Vacuum Tube Amplifiertagged by System, 11/12/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 11/12/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 11/12/12
- productEastern Electric MiniMax Dactagged by System, 11/12/12
- productHiFiMAN EF-6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/12/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice from someone who has heard LCD-2, HE6, and HE500(I own 2/3) Last post on 7/7/12 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I don't know which forum to post this, so here goes..... Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
With thanks to @alexsv of WyWires and @ejong7 my esteemed friend and headfier extraordinaire, I have the privilege of bringing to the UK the WyWires Red Headphone Cable. I have been sent these all...
Jomo4 The full and long review can be found here: LINK Website: jomoaudio.com Product page: Link Specifications: o Quad Balanced Armature Drivers: 1 x...
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Am I crazy? EEMinimax/EF6/HE6 vs CLAS/ALO Continental/LCD2r1...the second is my favorite.post #1 of 410/20/12 at 3:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 410/20/12 at 4:40pm
Put a 2 after the r and you've got my portable rig configuration, altho I prefer my T5p for that, since they're much easier to drive.
The LCD-2 cans really sparkle tho in my Audio Note Kit 2.1 sig tube DAC and Cavalli LF amp home rig. The only upgrade I'm contemplating there is to replace the ANK DAC line out caps with IE core transformers and tubes.post #3 of 410/20/12 at 5:24pmThread Starter
I still want to try a revision 2 at some point but at this point the journey has gone strange so I am holding back. I know I prefer a natural sound signature but that is about it, it is very tempting to sell off some high end gear, bane myself from the forum and call it good.post #4 of 410/22/12 at 7:15am
Well, kudos to you if you can avoid the virulent "upgraditis" that sweeps though these forums. It really comes down to what you want out of your music, and at what level of reproduction are you satisfactorily engaged. And what you're experiencing may be just the synergy of the audio pathway components to produce a a sonic signature that you prefer.
But the HE-6 is notoriously hard to drive to properly blossom, as you know, and there are some who say that the even the EF-6 is not sufficient. How do your LCD-2s sound with the EF-6?
I do understand your point, however, and perhaps someone more grounded technically might point you toward ways to further optimize your particular home rig setup to enhance your musical enjoyment. I heard distinct improvements in mine when I stabilized my components platform and rolled in some NOS tubes. Cables are another low hanging fruit, but the sonic improvement may not be so immediate.
One thing I do know is that you can discriminate more than you think you can going in, even for old relics like myself. And that's actually what drives this audiphile avocation.
- Am I crazy? EEMinimax/EF6/HE6 vs CLAS/ALO Continental/LCD2r1...the second is my favorite.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 52 seconds ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › JVC Victor HA-FX500 / HA-FX1000 earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Star Citizen 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 8 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 13 minutes ago
- › A&K Jr How to change ordering of songs? 14 minutes ago
- › Well it is official now no audio jack on iPhone 7 18 minutes ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable by Takeanidea
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...