I am starting to think that I don't exactly have golden ears here...I prefer my transportable rig to my main one. Really, I listen to my transportable a lot more simply because I can carry it around the house, but now I just A/Bed the two systems and plugged both headphones into the HE6 and I still prefer the transportable. I can probably mark this one up to personal tastes but it still surprises me a bit. Anybody think something is out of place here? Maybe I should try this again when I am sober? In any case rocking out the later wins.
- productALO Audio 'The Continental' Mobile Vacuum Tube Amplifiertagged by System, 11/12/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 11/12/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 11/12/12
- productEastern Electric MiniMax Dactagged by System, 11/12/12
- productHiFiMAN EF-6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/12/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice from someone who has heard LCD-2, HE6, and HE500(I own 2/3) Last post on 7/7/12 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I don't know which forum to post this, so here goes..... Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Am I crazy? EEMinimax/EF6/HE6 vs CLAS/ALO Continental/LCD2r1...the second is my favorite.post #1 of 410/20/12 at 3:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 410/20/12 at 4:40pm
Put a 2 after the r and you've got my portable rig configuration, altho I prefer my T5p for that, since they're much easier to drive.
The LCD-2 cans really sparkle tho in my Audio Note Kit 2.1 sig tube DAC and Cavalli LF amp home rig. The only upgrade I'm contemplating there is to replace the ANK DAC line out caps with IE core transformers and tubes.post #3 of 410/20/12 at 5:24pmThread Starter
I still want to try a revision 2 at some point but at this point the journey has gone strange so I am holding back. I know I prefer a natural sound signature but that is about it, it is very tempting to sell off some high end gear, bane myself from the forum and call it good.post #4 of 410/22/12 at 7:15am
Well, kudos to you if you can avoid the virulent "upgraditis" that sweeps though these forums. It really comes down to what you want out of your music, and at what level of reproduction are you satisfactorily engaged. And what you're experiencing may be just the synergy of the audio pathway components to produce a a sonic signature that you prefer.
But the HE-6 is notoriously hard to drive to properly blossom, as you know, and there are some who say that the even the EF-6 is not sufficient. How do your LCD-2s sound with the EF-6?
I do understand your point, however, and perhaps someone more grounded technically might point you toward ways to further optimize your particular home rig setup to enhance your musical enjoyment. I heard distinct improvements in mine when I stabilized my components platform and rolled in some NOS tubes. Cables are another low hanging fruit, but the sonic improvement may not be so immediate.
One thing I do know is that you can discriminate more than you think you can going in, even for old relics like myself. And that's actually what drives this audiphile avocation.
- Am I crazy? EEMinimax/EF6/HE6 vs CLAS/ALO Continental/LCD2r1...the second is my favorite.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › What high-end DAP should I buy? 6 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 9 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...