I am starting to think that I don't exactly have golden ears here...I prefer my transportable rig to my main one. Really, I listen to my transportable a lot more simply because I can carry it around the house, but now I just A/Bed the two systems and plugged both headphones into the HE6 and I still prefer the transportable. I can probably mark this one up to personal tastes but it still surprises me a bit. Anybody think something is out of place here? Maybe I should try this again when I am sober? In any case rocking out the later wins.
- productALO Audio 'The Continental' Mobile Vacuum Tube Amplifiertagged by System, 11/12/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 11/12/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 11/12/12
- productEastern Electric MiniMax Dactagged by System, 11/12/12
- productHiFiMAN EF-6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/12/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice from someone who has heard LCD-2, HE6, and HE500(I own 2/3) Last post on 7/7/12 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I don't know which forum to post this, so here goes..... Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
Am I crazy? EEMinimax/EF6/HE6 vs CLAS/ALO Continental/LCD2r1...the second is my favorite.post #1 of 410/20/12 at 3:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 410/20/12 at 4:40pm
Put a 2 after the r and you've got my portable rig configuration, altho I prefer my T5p for that, since they're much easier to drive.
The LCD-2 cans really sparkle tho in my Audio Note Kit 2.1 sig tube DAC and Cavalli LF amp home rig. The only upgrade I'm contemplating there is to replace the ANK DAC line out caps with IE core transformers and tubes.post #3 of 410/20/12 at 5:24pmThread Starter
I still want to try a revision 2 at some point but at this point the journey has gone strange so I am holding back. I know I prefer a natural sound signature but that is about it, it is very tempting to sell off some high end gear, bane myself from the forum and call it good.post #4 of 410/22/12 at 7:15am
Well, kudos to you if you can avoid the virulent "upgraditis" that sweeps though these forums. It really comes down to what you want out of your music, and at what level of reproduction are you satisfactorily engaged. And what you're experiencing may be just the synergy of the audio pathway components to produce a a sonic signature that you prefer.
But the HE-6 is notoriously hard to drive to properly blossom, as you know, and there are some who say that the even the EF-6 is not sufficient. How do your LCD-2s sound with the EF-6?
I do understand your point, however, and perhaps someone more grounded technically might point you toward ways to further optimize your particular home rig setup to enhance your musical enjoyment. I heard distinct improvements in mine when I stabilized my components platform and rolled in some NOS tubes. Cables are another low hanging fruit, but the sonic improvement may not be so immediate.
One thing I do know is that you can discriminate more than you think you can going in, even for old relics like myself. And that's actually what drives this audiphile avocation.
- Am I crazy? EEMinimax/EF6/HE6 vs CLAS/ALO Continental/LCD2r1...the second is my favorite.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Help for the song name. 33 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...