I am starting to think that I don't exactly have golden ears here...I prefer my transportable rig to my main one. Really, I listen to my transportable a lot more simply because I can carry it around the house, but now I just A/Bed the two systems and plugged both headphones into the HE6 and I still prefer the transportable. I can probably mark this one up to personal tastes but it still surprises me a bit. Anybody think something is out of place here? Maybe I should try this again when I am sober? In any case rocking out the later wins.
- productALO Audio 'The Continental' Mobile Vacuum Tube Amplifiertagged by System, 11/12/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 11/12/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 11/12/12
- productEastern Electric MiniMax Dactagged by System, 11/12/12
- productHiFiMAN EF-6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/12/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice from someone who has heard LCD-2, HE6, and HE500(I own 2/3) Last post on 7/7/12 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I don't know which forum to post this, so here goes..... Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
Am I crazy? EEMinimax/EF6/HE6 vs CLAS/ALO Continental/LCD2r1...the second is my favorite.post #1 of 410/20/12 at 3:44pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 410/20/12 at 4:40pm
Put a 2 after the r and you've got my portable rig configuration, altho I prefer my T5p for that, since they're much easier to drive.
The LCD-2 cans really sparkle tho in my Audio Note Kit 2.1 sig tube DAC and Cavalli LF amp home rig. The only upgrade I'm contemplating there is to replace the ANK DAC line out caps with IE core transformers and tubes.post #3 of 410/20/12 at 5:24pmThread Starter
I still want to try a revision 2 at some point but at this point the journey has gone strange so I am holding back. I know I prefer a natural sound signature but that is about it, it is very tempting to sell off some high end gear, bane myself from the forum and call it good.post #4 of 410/22/12 at 7:15am
Well, kudos to you if you can avoid the virulent "upgraditis" that sweeps though these forums. It really comes down to what you want out of your music, and at what level of reproduction are you satisfactorily engaged. And what you're experiencing may be just the synergy of the audio pathway components to produce a a sonic signature that you prefer.
But the HE-6 is notoriously hard to drive to properly blossom, as you know, and there are some who say that the even the EF-6 is not sufficient. How do your LCD-2s sound with the EF-6?
I do understand your point, however, and perhaps someone more grounded technically might point you toward ways to further optimize your particular home rig setup to enhance your musical enjoyment. I heard distinct improvements in mine when I stabilized my components platform and rolled in some NOS tubes. Cables are another low hanging fruit, but the sonic improvement may not be so immediate.
One thing I do know is that you can discriminate more than you think you can going in, even for old relics like myself. And that's actually what drives this audiphile avocation.
- Am I crazy? EEMinimax/EF6/HE6 vs CLAS/ALO Continental/LCD2r1...the second is my favorite.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 35 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-Z1R --> Will be at Jan 28th Chicago Head-fi Meet or local... 35 seconds ago
- › RSA P-51 Mustang 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Replacing cable on ATH M50 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear