Well, I just missed out.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015 Last post on 11/1/16 at 6:38pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable dac/amp or just amp for IEM's? Last post on 4/25/15 at 6:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HiFiMOD Atelier New Portable Head-Amp Nerv Plus and Exclusive Look of Flagship Portable Head-amp Last post on 11/28/15 at 4:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Another Kickstarter: UAMP Last post on 3/6/15 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 Last post on 11/29/16 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. - Page 232
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Prototype TU-07 and smaller brother from TUR - 06
Prototype TU - 07 :
TR-07 is the automotive and desktop speaker audio amplifier prototype, which has been designed for the Eclipse TD series speakers.
Is driven by a direct current of 12V, and then works with subwoofer systems such as TDX700W.
There is no power clean more robust than lead-acid batteries.
Is converted to the positive and negative of the right-and-left independency internally, the power supply can be full swing transistor operating in pure Class-A.
By driving a current that is proportional to the speaker diaphragm to "force", and pull out the potential of accurate TD speakers in time axis.
TR-07 is a work that inherits from TR-01. The main core is applicable to headphone amplifier or the like in the future.
It is equipped with a wireless plan listening module, such as Air Play.
※ I do not use the vacuum tube.
TUR - 06 new prototype :
Is a headphone amp use M.I.T element instead use Triode tube
Edited by rudi0504 - 7/16/14 at 5:18pm
The modders diary part 06 (highend version):
step by step the number of modules for my fully battery powered tu-05 mod increases:
i have redesigned the CLC filter boards, also i made two prototypes for the battery modules shown on the right side. the final ones will be a mixture of the design of the two prototypes.
i have tested the single chains for anode voltage and filament voltage and successfully charged both one 3.7 volt battery module and one 16.8 volt anode voltage battery module, the voltage regulators / CCCV charger modules work fine.
as next step i have to build eight battery modules and four logic / interface modules as interface between all the relais and voltage measurement contacts as interface for the switch /LED panels (or a small embedded touch panel computer i think of using for the user interface / control of the amp).
so if all the parts needed arrive tomorrow, it will be an interesting weekend, at the moment the power supply for one channel is 66% finished, i hope that next week or the week after next week it will be the first time to connect my small tube amp modules i made to the power supply to have a first listen how it sounds.
Edited by GermanGuy - 7/17/14 at 2:44pm
will be "the week after next week", at the moment i am working on the interface module prototype, finalized the arrangement of the modules for one double power supply / li-ion charger to one modular PSU / battery block so that eight or ten of them will fit into the case, already made 2 filament / heater and 2 anode battery modules (final version) and must assemble the 3rd and 4th anode voltage battery module (= 4x 14.8 to 16.8 volt) to have the minimum configuration to connect two diy "tu-05" amplifier modules to the power supply units to listen to:
the weight of this psu module is about 2 kilogram, the empty pcb board (second from the right side) is where the (not done) interface module board will be placed.
and not to forget, i made prototypes for the small standby power supply (bottom left) and the pushbutton / led controls (bottom right) for one psu module:
Edited by GermanGuy - 7/25/14 at 11:20pm
some days ago i got these nice OSRAM DL92 tubes:
i bought them because they were made by G.E.C. General Electric Conpany of England which is MARCONI / OSRAM, so this tubes should be identical to IanMediums very rare Marconi Tubes.
and even after only some hours of burn-in i must say that they sound excellent. Listening to the RFT DF97 - OSRAM DL92 and now Telefunken DF96 (Berlin made with "Raute") - OSRAM DL92 combo using my TU-05 i find especially the texture, 3D presentation, the pinpoint imaging, layering and clear positioning of all sound objects exceptional.
have to spend more time in listening and comparing before posting some final impressions but even now and as with this tubes it happened again that listening to well known records i had the feeling "i never heard this detail" or "wow, what is this", i give them a "higly recommended".
Edited by GermanGuy - 7/27/14 at 2:52am
- Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 15 seconds ago
- › Little Dot 300B 31 seconds ago
- › Does this setup amplify the signal, twice? 37 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2.7 ohm speakers on a Pioneer receiver? 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear