- 4,462 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015 Last post on 11/1/16 at 6:38pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable dac/amp or just amp for IEM's? Last post on 4/25/15 at 6:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HiFiMOD Atelier New Portable Head-Amp Nerv Plus and Exclusive Look of Flagship Portable Head-amp Last post on 11/28/15 at 4:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Another Kickstarter: UAMP Last post on 3/6/15 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 Last post on 11/29/16 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. - Page 212
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
i already gave the mullards some burn-in time after your last recommendation to do so, also i did a lot of tube rolling using the mullards, so they should have reached this burn-in time.
i spent a lot of time listening to my modded amp to learn what the sound tries to tell me for further modifications. in the meantime i modified my DIY grado-style headphone, the sr325is and the t5p now beeing full balanced with 4-pin neutrik jacks, also made an 6.3mm to neutrik and an neutrik to 3.5mm adapter:
also i ordered 8 tube sockets for my final build which means i want to build tube sections with 3 DL92 in parallel. as result the tube sections would ideally fit the 1.7KOhm primary tab impedance of the tango transformers and also maybe have enough power to drive a high efficiency loudspeaker (but have to say that the result should be something in the 0.5 watt range, for higher output power the anode voltage has to be higher).
to have enough tubes besides my 10 TUNG-SOL mil spec dl92 i also bought 10 RCA 1S4.
after having some experience with the Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold Solder now i also ordered the Standard Mundorf Silver/Gold Solder because the Supreme Solder has a melting point of 290 degrees celsius, the standard one has a much lower melting point of 227 degrees celsius.
with the supreme solder it is nearly one way, you can easily solder whatever, but in the case of any mistake or change the temperatures to get the solder removed are simply so high that i sometimes wonder that the components survive without damage.
Mr. Reinhöfer from www.roehrentechnik.de is working on a custom input transformer set for the tu-05, last time i talked to him he was in the state of final thinking and building a prototype. i asked Mr. Reinhöfer if he can provide custom input transformers because he offers a similar one but with one input to balanced output in the pure sense but not the right one for the double mono tu-05. So i will see if he can offer them and what the price would be.
there is a new thread on head-fi especially about the sound of capacitors i learned a lot from, and must say that i am really happy to have choosen the Mundorf Silver.Öl capacitors because they are highly recommended in this thread i think.
i have not finished thinking about some design topics or problems, think i will also separate the anode voltage step up and the filament voltage step down converters each with own batteries so that also the power path then is strictly mono and separated (which means to provide and additional double charger also for the filament batteries).
after having red a lot about audiophile power supplies and voltage regulators i think of building discrete voltage regulators out of op amps and transistors as at least the LM317 and the TL783 sound horrible in comparison.
also i am thinking and thinking about the final case, at the moment thinking of a real central ground star topology which would result in a case looking like an octopus or a round bird cage with 8 arches or pillars coming together in the middle (2 times input, output, filament voltage supply, anode voltage supply, left and right channel tubes in the middle or on top).
so much ideas, much to do, i think i need again a holiday to have enough time.
btw, have installed DesignSpark PCB but found no time up to now to play with the PCB Design software.
Edited by GermanGuy - 2/23/14 at 10:46am
WC, your experience echoes mine completely. I would not be without the Tele's now and if I had never heard the tens I would be in bliss with the Mullards. I have a feeling that what I gain with the TEN's in my system is made up for with the Hugo in yours so I would not worry too much about the TEN's unless a pair appear then snap them up.
I love the warmth that these Tele's bring to the table, Natural is the right word, they do not smooth off anything and all the detail is there just much more involving and true to a natural experience, that really sums up both the Tele's with Mullards and Tele's with TEN's.
I think though as you say, it is the black black background that is the most special thing. It just leaves the music and until someone hears what a truly black background brings to the experience of music reproduction then they here a veil.
Both these combinations lift that veil. I am seriously considering the HUGO alongside my 120 and am looking forward to hearing it when it arrives in Canada next month.
Yes, I am quite content with this combination. The RF covers are on, and I am sitting back and enjoying the music. Probably will stick with this combo for some time, unless I happen to come across some TENs. But I am not actively looking, so that probably won't happen. I think you are going to like the Hugo, it is a definite step up over the ZX1.
I have a table reserved for the So-Cal Head-Fi Meet-up 3/22 and I was really hoping to bring my TU-05. Unfortunately production delays seem to be slowing thing down to the point that we're cutting it really close. Several of the local members have expressed an interest in hearing the amp. Are there any other TU-05 owners in So-Cal who would like to collaborate on a half table if mine doesn't arrive in time?
if no other tu-05 is available and my own build psu board works i could send you my reassembled (original) tu-05 for this head-fi meet.
That would be great. I feel like I've been putting too much pressure on Shikada-San. It would be great to give him a break.
I'd be happy to pay for all shipping, but do you think we'd have to pay import/export duty?
Thanks a bunch!
Edited by GermanGuy - 2/27/14 at 2:07pm
Just managed to find out the email address of this argentinian TEN 3s4 seller and sent him an email how to get this tubes. so now let's wait and see!
Edited by GermanGuy - 2/28/14 at 5:30pm
Instead of getting 10 pcs of phillip 1t4, this ebay seller send me 12 nos 1952 rca tubes.. Just wondering are they the same? As for sound I feel df96 phillip has more dynamic and more bass impact. Not saying that the rca tubes are bad.. They are quite silent actually, but still produce bit more noise than the radio technique 1t4 one. Oh well after trying three of those rca tubes i found a pair that quite matched.
- Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 20 seconds ago
- › Are the hd650 worth it over the hd 600? 31 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 59 seconds ago
- › AKG K500 new earpads 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 4 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 6 minutes ago
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear