- 4,462 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015 Last post on 3/19/17 at 8:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable dac/amp or just amp for IEM's? Last post on 4/25/15 at 6:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HiFiMOD Atelier New Portable Head-Amp Nerv Plus and Exclusive Look of Flagship Portable Head-amp Last post on 11/28/15 at 4:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Another Kickstarter: UAMP Last post on 3/6/15 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 Last post on 11/29/16 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. - Page 111
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
does this mean that you also have a second t5p ....
btw, when typing my last message, i remembered something and have repaired my t5p. the cable was broken near the y-split, so i have replaced the y-split by a 3.5 mm jack.
as with my grado prototype headphone cable i now can use different interconnects as headphone cable, for example one made out of an eight wire grado cable and one made with 4 wire pure silver axmann axiom III.
As per headphones. I have a pair of D5000's that I gave to a friend when I got my LCD's but they did not like them and returned them so I will give her those, The sound really good with the 801. I did the Jmoney mod with them when I first got them years ago. so they have nice leather pads
dear thread members, here it is:
THE NEW TU-05 - TWIN OUTPUT
today here was a public holiday, so i spent the afternoon to modify the tu-05 in the way i posted before (version 2 - power jack in front, additional neutrik 6.3 mm jack at the place the power jack was before).
front view - power jack top right - as symmetrical as possible but did not want to damage the potentiometer while drilling and shaping the hole:
rear view with neutrik 6.3 mm jack - what a nightmare to get this large hole done:
front view with open case:
rear view with open case - you can see the additonal 3 cables bundled with white shrink-on tube - i used cutted pieces of the broken beyerdynamic t5p headphone cable directly connected to the output transformers:
top view to see the big hole bottom right before adding the additional cables:
some horror pictures that may prevent you from doing the same:
protecting the amp with tape before drilling and shaping the big rear hole for the neutrik jack:
drilling a lot of small holes to then cut and shape the resulting big hole for the neutrik jack:
drilling the new front hole for the power jack while protecting the amp:
measuring the size of the existing power jack hole:
Edited by GermanGuy - 8/15/13 at 3:22pm
Incredible work, my only concern is confusing the input with the power socket but I guess if one is careful all will be well.
Your a brave man, I would never attempt such a thing as I am completely incompetent with this sort of stuff, my hats off to you sir!
Now, is there any change in sound quality with a higher quality headphone socket?
That's the only part of your project I could have handled.
just some comments:
you how to say should know what you can do with electronic parts and what better not.
beeing self-confident could be a plus.
i only partly disassembled the amp.
always use a brush, pressured air and a vacuum cleaner to remove all and be absolutely sure that there are NO aluminium parts, particles and dust left.
i checked everything, charging, channels left right correct, two headphones at the same time, charging while listening, everything works.
i think it's a real sonic improvement, better bass definition, texture, better micro detail.
at the moment while typing i listen to harmonia mundi - cantors before bach - it sounds absolutely gorgeous.
btw - i red my own tube reviews and then played around with some tube combos based on what i wrote - starting some days ago i listen to the
telefunken 1u4 df904 mil spec - lorenz dl92 combo
right now and the more i listen to that combo i think this will be my second dream set.
Edited by GermanGuy - 8/17/13 at 6:56am
no facebook, never!
sure you can post the pictures on facebook that someone made this modification.
you can be sure that the new placement of the power jack has no influence on the input as the player output is low ohm (resistance).
i have the feeling that just the opposite is true. the power jack always has power even if no power supply plugged in and the battery has a very small electronic pcb with i think the charger logic on it, so now the power cable and jack can't influence the preamplification stage with for example rf interferences.
you should send shikada san an email to get the amp modified in the same way, it's a real improvement.
btw, as mentioned by you, i did a in the best sense of the word complete photo documention, will fill half a book, around 50 pictures.
just saw that you wrote confusing and not influencing the input.
Edited by GermanGuy - 8/15/13 at 1:53pm
- Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 17 seconds ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 24 seconds ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 43 seconds ago
- › Movies: Soundstage of 800S but subwoofer type bass? 2 minutes ago
- › LG G6 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › PC Audio Setup with some Pre-existing equipment 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Meier Audio Corda JAZZ with ƒƒ-technology upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Singxer SU-1 Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear