or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. - Page 99

post #1471 of 3704

Wow very nice, I've been wanting to build a case for my w1000x as well, and this amp would be a nice addition to a complete portable hifi audio experince 

post #1472 of 3704

today i started to make four cones out of epoxy resin.

 

i made four casting molds out of thick aluminium foil:

 

i pressed them into sand to be able to precisely adjust the vertical position / angles:

to have a slightly round end i put very little sand / glue inside (and after that some drops of hot wax):

 

here you can see the casting molds filled with 10 ml epoxy resin each and also the small amount of wax in the middle on the bottom of the molds:


the epoxy resin now needs 24 hours to get hard.

post #1473 of 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

Now this is very 'left field' and decidedly whacky, but magnetic levitation appears to be the new flavour of the month in audio vibration damping, so I've taken one for the team and purchased these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valab-Magnetic-Levitation-Audio-Vibration-Damping-Feet-4-pcs-/251299717406?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a82a1611e - to directly compare with the Ceraballs.

Comparative listening results after evaluation of both products.

Cheers,
Andy.

These really do look fascinating Andy, I am very much looking forward to your thoughts on them. Have you any experience of the Nordost isolation cones?

GG, that is taking inginuity to another level, I am very much looking forward to hearing what they do for sonics!
post #1474 of 3704

okay, here they are!

 

casting molds removed:

 

 

and after some cutting, deburring, polish:

 

post #1475 of 3704
Those look great GG!

Just seen this update on ASP's Facebook page. It's looking good for the owners of the following serial numbers!!

"[Progress situation]
TU-05 #024, #028,
TUR-06 #001, and # 003 seems to be able to ship in next week.
Please be wait #026 and #025 and #023 long model.

***
Sorry, Reply and comments are undermanned now.
Please let me know if the reply of the mail has not been returned.

Thanks."
post #1476 of 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

"[Progress situation]
TU-05 #024, #028,
TUR-06 #001, and # 003 seems to be able to ship in next week.
Please be wait #026 and #025 and #023 long model.

***
Sorry, Reply and comments are undermanned now.
Please let me know if the reply of the mail has not been returned.

Thanks."

 

OOH my number 28 TU-05 is ready!!!bigsmile_face.gif

post #1477 of 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

OOH my number 28 TU-05 is ready!!!bigsmile_face.gif

Oh thats fantastic! I was hoping some of the numbers would match with some members here! I am really looking forward to your thoughts. Any luck with tubes (though it seems Shikada san is now shipping with even better tubes than when I got mine!)
post #1478 of 3704

I am very excited to read the firsts comments about TUR-06 because I wonder id TUR-06 sound will not suit me better ? Will the "production" TUR-06 differ from the pre-production tested already here ? 

post #1479 of 3704
As far as I am aware the TU-06 tested is what is going into production. Shikada san is pretty upfront about changes and he has mentioned none with the 06.
post #1480 of 3704

Guys, the progress in this thread is very impressive.

 

I hardly follow especially before putting my hands on the unit.

But for sure all the posts are learning process for me.

 

Btw, mine is number 23, seems have to wait a bit longer. blink.gif

post #1481 of 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

OOH my number 28 TU-05 is ready!!!bigsmile_face.gif

 

That's great...!

Awaiting your view on pairing it with the RWAK-100S then. beerchug.gif

post #1482 of 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post


Oh thats fantastic! I was hoping some of the numbers would match with some members here! I am really looking forward to your thoughts. Any luck with tubes (though it seems Shikada san is now shipping with even better tubes than when I got mine!)

 

There are some very decent tube retailers in Hong Kong, but not sure how they price them thoughblink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boringer View Post

Guys, the progress in this thread is very impressive.

 

I hardly follow especially before putting my hands on the unit.

But for sure all the posts are learning process for me.

 

Btw, mine is number 23, seems have to wait a bit longer. blink.gif

 

I requested to jump numbers and obtain number 28, hope that explains the reason why my unit is ahead of yours.....

 

I was hoping my TU-06 would arrive at the same time but after reading that there were some delays, it will give me some time to get to grips with the TU-05. 

post #1483 of 3704
Quote:

Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post
 

I requested to jump numbers and obtain number 28, hope that explains the reason why my unit is ahead of yours.....

 

I was hoping my TU-06 would arrive at the same time but after reading that there were some delays, it will give me some time to get to grips with the TU-05. 

 

Wow... I've that idea to choose numbers at first place, but at that moment I thought Shikada san was pretty strict with his serial numbers.

But evidently he doesn't... Good number you have there spkrs01... biggrin.gif

 

Btw, it's my own "fault" that causes the delay.

I was asking few customization on the unit, and Shikada san has already reminded me about the it. 

Oh boy... This waiting time is really killing me... blink.gif

post #1484 of 3704
I lucked out and got number 10, first of the double digits!
post #1485 of 3704

Still waiting for my #9 TUR-06. Hope he can finish it by the end of next month. biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.