will try my best!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015 Last post on 11/1/16 at 6:38pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best portable dac/amp or just amp for IEM's? Last post on 4/25/15 at 6:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HiFiMOD Atelier New Portable Head-Amp Nerv Plus and Exclusive Look of Flagship Portable Head-amp Last post on 11/28/15 at 4:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Another Kickstarter: UAMP Last post on 3/6/15 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 Last post on 11/29/16 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. - Page 69
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
My pleasure Boringer.
Your post had me thinking about the Cifte's as I have heard that are wonderful sounding, some of the best in fact.
I know I said I was done with tubes for a while but the Cifties piqued my interest so I thought I would have a casual look and low and behold a seller in France has a bunch of NOS/NIB mil-spec all from the same batch for sale and cheap so I thought what the heck!
Here is a link to them, great price for such good tubes, the only issue I can see is some staining on the boxes but I messages the seller and he assured me the tubes are first rate!
That's interesting Ian.
It could be the same seller that I bought the Cifte, thus I drop them an email as well asking for the 3S4 Cifte.
EDIT : Just got reply from my seller, they don't have the 3S4 Cifte.
My package also got the stain on the boxes but all the tubes are well protected.
The following pictures were just taken since I believe you might be interested.
Just been chatting to Fredric who is selling these tubes and he tells me he has 3S4's as well and many others not shown so I have asked him for more details of what he has.. Also mentioned the Lorenz's!! Keep our collective fingers crossed, I would love to see everyone have a set of those!
Just had another message from Fredric, he has no Lorenz but is going to ask his contacts.. Watch this space!
Yeahhh... This is so exciting.
Let's hope we can hear the good news soon.
Edited by Boringer - 7/15/13 at 11:13pm
I believe it came out of my own frustration since I don't have anything to play with.
I kept on going for tube hunting.
Now... I am stuck with them... don't know what to do.
Second amp... hmmm... that's an interesting idea...
i don't know where you are living but at least within europe it would be no problem (no customs) to send my grado to one of you for an expert review as i would be more than interested in another opinion about how they sound and suggestions how to further improve my headphone designs.
Thanks GG, and I wish one day I have a chance to listen to your awesome headphone.
But unfortunately, I live in a far east and I am by far not an audio expert.
My pleasure, GG...
Boringer, That Cifte certainly looks the same. I know Fredric has two ebay stores That tube looks immaculate !
Yeah... Me too... Looking forward to your excellent thoughts on those new tubes, GG.
Ian, that explains then... He has two stores.
Yup... those tubes are in excellent condition... Immaculate indeed...!
I haven't had a chance to look for the other tubes... And the whole weeks are gone...
Edited by Boringer - 7/16/13 at 7:35am
quote name="GermanGuy" url="/t/632518/analog-paper-2-discussion-and-appreciation-thread/1020#post_9621374"]available at your local pharmacy, this procuct perfectly cleans your ears from any dirt or previous listening sessions:
at the moment i am listening to the valvo red label df91 - tung-sol kenrad dl92 combo (vt combo) in comparison to the valvo red label df91 - philips dl92 combo (vp combo):
if you call the vp combo sweet and relaxing sounding you could call the vt combo overwhelming clear and precisely sounding (but only to explain their different preferences to present the music as both combo's are great sounding).
here it starts to be a matter of taste, both sets are more than great, while the vp set stays to be my overall dream set independent of the music i listen to, the vt combo sometimes sounds superior (yes) depending on the music or your mood (but also sometimes inferior, mostly when listening to recordings where the information and feeling for space is based on the bass area and all the echoes and interferences).
if you want to more actively listen to the music, the vt set has an overwhelming clarity, detail and micro detail, your eyes start to look (directed by the ears) in a specific direction at a specific distance and exactly at this position is the instrument, the detail you can hear and imagine to or nearly see (nevertheless able to sound relaxing at the same time).
both combo's sound absolutely great, you can't call the vt combo bright as you can't call the vp combo dark, it is more the focus, the vt set more looking at, resolving and analyzing the highs, while the vp set is more focussed on resolving and analyzing the bass for you.
it is more like two of the same kind but different priority.
how to say, with the vp combo the overall sound and great feeling for space, localisation, positioning and imaging is built bottom up as a result of all the bass information, the echoes, the interferences.
with the vt combo, the same is built top down as result and sum of all the pinpoint clear and precisely presented details.
as summary i can't think of any music existing where you would not be able to reach audio nirvana if owning both sets!!!!
Edited by GermanGuy - 7/16/13 at 12:00pm
I must admit with my first experience of American tubes being the Stock tubes I was less than impressed compared to the European tubes but the Mil-Spec Sylvania's and from what your recounting, the Mil-spec Tung-Sols the Mil-spec US tubes are very different animals and far superior to the stock US tubes.. At least in this type of tube!
I am fascinated to see the Mazda's which are coming soon.. Yes, I said Mazda, not Cifte! When i saw he had the Mazda I went for those, they will be exactly the same as the Cifte as they are made in the same factory to the same specs but I just like the Mazda script more!!
so now we only have to find an alternative for lorenz / valvo red label. the vp and vt combos are both so excellent that this time it was really difficult for me to find a way to describe it. right now i am listening to 'camille saint-saens - famous organ works' with the vt combo, and this is a neverending line of wow!'s at the moment, the resolution and detail is amazing, never heard it that good!
ianmedium - only to test the batteries it would be ok and more than enough, but at least i would buy something like this:
the multimeter you posted the link of is much to limited for general use because it can not meassure ac current!
i own this two:
the first is very basic like the one you posted
but nicely complemented by the second one:
- Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 9 seconds ago
- › Who should remold my Unique Melody Miracles? Inearz or UM? 11 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 13 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 23 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 26 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 45 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear