Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread. - Page 54

post #796 of 3477

Tube

DF91
Manufacturer Lorenz
Manufactoring Date 3/1955
Author / Revision GermanGuy / 1.0

 

Topic 5 4 3 2 1 Comment
             
Bass            
Mids            
Highs            
Warmth            
Soundstage            
Imaging            
Precision            
Clarity            
Detail            
Best Pairing (1)            
Best Pairing (2)            
             
Overall Rating            

 

Comment                  

 

this time as table!


Edited by GermanGuy - 7/6/13 at 2:09pm
post #797 of 3477

ianmedium - could you please post some more information about your kimber cable -  product name, cable used for interconnect.. ?! as the sound improvement is so good!


Edited by GermanGuy - 7/6/13 at 3:36pm
post #798 of 3477

Chaps,

 

There are more than 10 Philips CV785 (1T4) valves available on eBay UK for 2.50 Euros each plus 8 Euros shipping. 

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CV785-1T4-Philips-NEU-/400147732426

 

I believe that the CV785 has DF91 equivalency in terms of operational parameters, so it's another option to try at relatively low cost.

 

Cheers,

Andy. 

post #799 of 3477

just checked your link (thanks a lot) , no chance, 14 out of 10 sold now !!! (that must have been a very fast selling process). 


Edited by GermanGuy - 7/7/13 at 3:58am
post #800 of 3477

GermanGuy,

 

I presume this to mean that 14 have been sold but there are more than 10 still available, as surely the listing would be closed if all of the items had sold?

 

Cheers,

Andy. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy View Post

just checked your link (thanks a lot) , no chance, 14 out of 10 sold now !!! (that must have been a very fast selling process). 

post #801 of 3477
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

GermanGuy,

 

I presume this to mean that 14 have been sold but there are more than 10 still available, as surely the listing would be closed if all of the items had sold?

 

Cheers,

Andy. 

 


from some other ebay purchases for example the ken rad tubes i saw the sold number increasing, the on stock number always had a constant value.

post #802 of 3477
I see. In which case here's another option to purchase the same valves -

http://jukebox-revival.eu/buis-df91-cv785-1t4-philips.html

Cheers,
Andy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy View Post


from some other ebay purchases for example the ken rad tubes i saw the sold number increasing, the on stock number always had a constant value.
post #803 of 3477

have bookmarked this nice online store!!!!!!!!!

post #804 of 3477
This is an intriguing tube based headphone amplifier for 175 Euros - http://jukebox-revival.eu/tube-amplifier-kits/buizen-koptelefoon-versterker.html - from the website mentioned above.

Cheers,
Andy.
post #805 of 3477

I'm starting to feel like the dumbest kid in smart kid class.

 

Its like high school all over again...

post #806 of 3477
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

This is an intriguing tube based headphone amplifier for 175 Euros - http://jukebox-revival.eu/tube-amplifier-kits/buizen-koptelefoon-versterker.html - from the website mentioned above.

Cheers,
Andy.


the tube behind the two small ones is half way to the gigantic 'Fritz Lang' tube posted some time ago!

post #807 of 3477
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

I see. In which case here's another option to purchase the same valves -

http://jukebox-revival.eu/buis-df91-cv785-1t4-philips.html

Cheers,
Andy.

DO NOT USE THIS STORE!!!

I have tried on several occasions to communicate with this store and they have never answered me. It is very tempting I know as they have all the rare tubes but I have written to them, posted on Facebook and to this day they have never written back to me, there is no way i would give them money if they cannot be bothered answering a simple question! I have been trying since March by the way!

GG, the cable is Kimber Kable GQ-min-CU
Edited by ianmedium - 7/7/13 at 5:56am
post #808 of 3477
WHOOPS! I placed an order before Ian posted his warning below. Thankfully it was a PayPal transaction so I'll be covered if they fail to deliver the valves.

Cheers,
Andy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

DO NOT USE THIS STORE!!!

I have tried on several occasions to communicate with this store and they have never answered me. It is very tempting I know as they have all the rare tubes but I have written to them, posted on Facebook and to this day they have never written back to me, there is no way i would give them money if they cannot be bothered answering a simple question! I have been trying since March by the way!

GG, the cable is Kimber Kable GQ-min-CU
post #809 of 3477

ok, bookmark deleted, thank you very much for this information!

post #810 of 3477
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

WHOOPS! I placed an order before Ian posted his warning below. Thankfully it was a PayPal transaction so I'll be covered if they fail to deliver the valves.

Cheers,
Andy.

Andy, I will be very interested in what happens. I have tried every avenue of communication with them as I always like to ask a seller about the valves before hitting the button. Though I have to say that even if you have a good experience I do not like that they cannot even bother to answer a simple one line email about the condition of a valve, still, they may be just poor communicators and hopefully I will be proven wrong on this!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread.