Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread. - Page 48

post #706 of 3484

Ha ha ha.  I love the allusion to "Focus on the Family" and  tough love.  I'm sending this to some of my cat loving friends who no doubt will be horrified.

post #707 of 3484

GermanGuy, you are an innovator, for sure. Everyone, thanks for the generous links to the tube purchases. I am good for now, so will sit tight (unless a Lorenz pops up). In the meantime, recalling my early head-fi days, Tung Sol made my favourite 6sn7 tube, so when I found a mil-spec 3s4 on ebay, I jumped. I hope it's good in the the '05:

 

 

 

post #708 of 3484
Woodcans.

I have found with these tubes and American ones in particular a bigger difference in quality between old mil spec and standard. The mil spec Sylvania's I got recently are so much better in terms of quietness than the non mil spec.

Did you manage to get two of the Tung Sol's?

I got some RCA branded old Tung Sol's a while back and they are wonderful tubes, really good all rounders. Any news on your amps shipping status?

TIMITS, I wish you were closer to me, I could let you listen to my amp. I wonder, if you decide to go for it, I think you may be the first Aussie with one!
post #709 of 3484
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMITS View Post

Ha ha ha.  I love the allusion to "Focus on the Family" and  tough love.  I'm sending this to some of my cat loving friends who no doubt will be horrified.


if you send this to some cat lovers you maybe want to add the following joke (try to translate it correctly):

 

why is the fifth finger of a (fur) glove always different than the others ??

 

because cats have only four legs!


Edited by GermanGuy - 7/3/13 at 9:27am
post #710 of 3484
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Woodcans.

I have found with these tubes and American ones in particular a bigger difference in quality between old mil spec and standard. The mil spec Sylvania's I got recently are so much better in terms of quietness than the non mil spec.

Did you manage to get two of the Tung Sol's?

I got some RCA branded old Tung Sol's a while back and they are wonderful tubes, really good all rounders. Any news on your amps shipping status?

TIMITS, I wish you were closer to me, I could let you listen to my amp. I wonder, if you decide to go for it, I think you may be the first Aussie with one!

 

 

 

Ian, one more mil-spec TS should be one the way, but hasn't arrived. I'm not too optimistic but only time will tell. No word on amp delivery, which I am just a bit disappointed about.

post #711 of 3484
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post



Ian, one more mil-spec TS should be one the way, but hasn't arrived. I'm not too optimistic but only time will tell. No word on amp delivery, which I am just a bit disappointed about.

If your on facebook I would shot him a message, I find he checks that more frequently than emails. I am sure all is well.
post #712 of 3484

Shikada san sent me an email, that my amp will be ready to ship this week !!!

 

edit: what a great day (part i)


Edited by GermanGuy - 7/3/13 at 9:42am
post #713 of 3484
Fantastic GG, So hopefully by this time next week you will have it! Now, have you decided which tubes are going in first?
post #714 of 3484

i think that the first week i will use the stock tubes to listen to the amp to get a felling for the amp and its sound (and to give the amp some burn in time), while using the time to clean some tubes.

 

maybe i start with random order, but i think i am interested in one manufacturer sets (only lorenz, only valvo, only siemens ...)

 

in reality i think i will carefully change only the df91 and then only the dl92  tubes to get a better feeling of the different tubes in comparision to the stock ones.

post #715 of 3484

AHHHHH....!!  I got contaminated by the "Tube rolling mania" !!  Indeed, in just few days, I bought, thanks to you all :

 

- Sylvania 3S4 + Tungsram 1T4T

- Mullard 3S4 (to replace Sylvania that initially were not available from the seller)

- Siemens 3S4 + Siemens 1T4 ( alternative to Lorentz)

 

Is it dangerous a desease doctor ?


Edited by bmichels - 7/3/13 at 7:39am
post #716 of 3484
Ah well done!

You have some wonderful tubes to start out with!

And yes, its a disease and as long as you own a tube amp there is no cure.. I know 46 in and counting!

I really recommend pairing the Mullard 3S4 with the Siemens 1T4. I forgot what a sweet and open sound this combo makes (I am counting my Phillips as Mullards as they were made in the Mullard factory!)

UPDATE ON SHIPPING!

I just saw a post on Facebook and Shikada san announced he in preparation to ship now #20 & #22 so if you know your serial number and it is one of those two your nearly there! I wonder what happened to #21.. Perhaps its a local sale!
Edited by ianmedium - 7/3/13 at 7:49am
post #717 of 3484

I hope woodcans is 22. That's kind of like 2x2, 2 squared.

post #718 of 3484
Love it! I hope it is one of those for you as well, I am guessing the other is GG's!
post #719 of 3484

what a great day (part ii) ! i got a call from that professional tube seller located in Bonn. he said he will have a look into the df91 and dl92 boxes and will send me a list of what is on stock. had not looked into the boxes for years but as far as he remembers, he has some few lorenz.

 

so not being too optimistic, we should nevertheless cross the fingers that this comes true!

 

as he has no online shop i just told him that i want all of them!

 

so lets wait and see and hope once again!!


Edited by GermanGuy - 7/3/13 at 9:45am
post #720 of 3484
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

I hope woodcans is 22. That's kind of like 2x2, 2 squared.


and the delivery date will be 15+7, july 15 th :-)


Edited by GermanGuy - 7/3/13 at 9:45am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread.