Hi everybody, I am new here and I am looking for a pair in ear earphone since my old one is broken. My price range is from $50 to $100. I have read a few review on Vsonic gr06, MEElectronics A161, or
- productA161P Balanced Armature In-Ear (MEEA161P) -tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productMEElectronics A151-BK Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- IEM recommendation - what are the current favorites? Last post on 8/7/12 at 8:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for running - Trance Music Last post on 7/11/12 at 6:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 8/27/15 at 11:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help choosing In ear Last post on 9/12/13 at 1:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggested budget in-ear or earphones under $50 Last post on 9/1/13 at 9:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Newbie need help with in ear earphone selection!!! Please help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i haven't heard these, but was also interested in the MEElectronics A161 after reading the review over at Inner Fidelity. They say, in part, "bass ... is quick and clean, but also surprisingly punchy, even aggressive at times. Impact is greater than with the classic Etymotic ER-4S" That sounds promising!
well i know u pay more to get better. But my budget is tight and i don't wanna pay more on a earbuds since i might not use them very much. However, i would like it to be durable and comfortable to wear. is there anyone with better suggestion?
I'm voting for GR06.
I've never heard the A161 though. I was not a fan of the A151. I just seem to like dynamics for the low end.
I also like the TDK EB950, while not as smooth as GR06, it has a little bit more energy on the top end. It has less of a mid bass hump than the GR06 but reaches much lower.
GR06 is non-fatiguing while EB950 is more engaging. Your choice.
Can't go wrong with either, they're both brilliant for the price.
If $100 is your top budget than you might want to look at the Fischer Audio Silver Bullet v2 ($64.90), it has really good detail with nice impactful bass and the largest soundstage of any IEM under $100 I've heard.
- Newbie need help with in ear earphone selection!!! Please help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ric the 70s 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 3 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Mr Speakers Alpha Prime 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2