Hey guys. I'm looking for the best headphones that you can get for around $100-150… I listen to mostly hip-hop/dub/alternative/etc (mainly a lot of bass). I have a pair of Beats by Dre Studios (yes, I know, not worth it at all ) and am looking for an alternative to those. Thanks, and comments are greatly appreciated!
Related Forum Threads
- I want to try Grado SR-80i but... Last post on 10/27/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recomendation. $100 budget Last post on 9/17/11 at 9:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Help] Repairing HD 580's, and T50RP Modding Last post on 9/13/11 at 5:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [REVIEW] HD598 Long Term Assestment. 600+ hours Last post on 9/5/11 at 1:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginner in search of a gateway set of cans Last post on 8/19/11 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Best Headphones for $100-150post #1 of 510/19/12 at 8:15amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/19/12 at 8:58ampost #3 of 510/19/12 at 9:13am
From my experience I would have to say that the sr80i do not have "a lot of bass" as the op stated. I do believe that if you are looking for bass quantity you will not find it in the grado line. I have owned the sr60i, rs1i and listened to 80i, 125i, 225i, HF2. If you venture over to www.headphone.com you will be able to browse headphones in your price range. Most have a frequency response chart that will basically tell what they will sound like. Pick something that has a hump in the lower frequencies that also doesn't have a bump in the higher ones. Those will be the ultimate bass heavy headphones. They are quite good there with recommendations too.
Just as a example I recently bought a pair of koss porta pros for $50. I wish i had looked at the frequency response first on that website though as they are far too bass heavy for me. I have to listen to them with the bass reducer eq setting on. They sound great though. I've tried all te beats headphones on display and am shocked how well my cheapo koss headphones compare. I prefer an open sound to closed though so I do have a bias.post #4 of 510/19/12 at 3:30pm
The Grados are more for rock as are most open-back headphones, you should look into something closed-back, you could mod a pair of Fostex T50RPs to get more bass out of them, plus they are suppose to be an amazing bargain and would be a good way to get into ortho headphones.post #5 of 510/21/12 at 11:50amThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Headphones for $100-150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 18 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › I don't like western cosplayers imitating Anime characters, they... 3 minutes ago
- › Cleanest treble in an IEM (non CIEM)? 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2