Hey guys. I'm looking for the best headphones that you can get for around $100-150… I listen to mostly hip-hop/dub/alternative/etc (mainly a lot of bass). I have a pair of Beats by Dre Studios (yes, I know, not worth it at all ) and am looking for an alternative to those. Thanks, and comments are greatly appreciated!
Related Forum Threads
- I want to try Grado SR-80i but... Last post on 10/27/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recomendation. $100 budget Last post on 9/17/11 at 9:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Help] Repairing HD 580's, and T50RP Modding Last post on 9/13/11 at 5:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [REVIEW] HD598 Long Term Assestment. 600+ hours Last post on 9/5/11 at 1:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginner in search of a gateway set of cans Last post on 8/19/11 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Best Headphones for $100-150post #1 of 510/19/12 at 8:15amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/19/12 at 8:58ampost #3 of 510/19/12 at 9:13am
From my experience I would have to say that the sr80i do not have "a lot of bass" as the op stated. I do believe that if you are looking for bass quantity you will not find it in the grado line. I have owned the sr60i, rs1i and listened to 80i, 125i, 225i, HF2. If you venture over to www.headphone.com you will be able to browse headphones in your price range. Most have a frequency response chart that will basically tell what they will sound like. Pick something that has a hump in the lower frequencies that also doesn't have a bump in the higher ones. Those will be the ultimate bass heavy headphones. They are quite good there with recommendations too.
Just as a example I recently bought a pair of koss porta pros for $50. I wish i had looked at the frequency response first on that website though as they are far too bass heavy for me. I have to listen to them with the bass reducer eq setting on. They sound great though. I've tried all te beats headphones on display and am shocked how well my cheapo koss headphones compare. I prefer an open sound to closed though so I do have a bias.post #4 of 510/19/12 at 3:30pm
The Grados are more for rock as are most open-back headphones, you should look into something closed-back, you could mod a pair of Fostex T50RPs to get more bass out of them, plus they are suppose to be an amazing bargain and would be a good way to get into ortho headphones.post #5 of 510/21/12 at 11:50amThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Headphones for $100-150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 9 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › [WTB] Black Dragon V1 Cable for FitEar TG!334 terminated in 3.5mm plug 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Dear gentlemen, please help me to find decent amp ($400) for my... 3 minutes ago
- › Huge mid-fi gear blowout - slashed low prices! Brainwavz B2,... 4 minutes ago
- › My Little Pony Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)