Hey guys. I'm looking for the best headphones that you can get for around $100-150… I listen to mostly hip-hop/dub/alternative/etc (mainly a lot of bass). I have a pair of Beats by Dre Studios (yes, I know, not worth it at all ) and am looking for an alternative to those. Thanks, and comments are greatly appreciated!
Related Forum Threads
- I want to try Grado SR-80i but... Last post on 10/27/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone recomendation. $100 budget Last post on 9/17/11 at 9:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Help] Repairing HD 580's, and T50RP Modding Last post on 9/13/11 at 5:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [REVIEW] HD598 Long Term Assestment. 600+ hours Last post on 9/5/11 at 1:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginner in search of a gateway set of cans Last post on 8/19/11 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Best Headphones for $100-150post #1 of 510/19/12 at 8:15amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/19/12 at 8:58ampost #3 of 510/19/12 at 9:13am
From my experience I would have to say that the sr80i do not have "a lot of bass" as the op stated. I do believe that if you are looking for bass quantity you will not find it in the grado line. I have owned the sr60i, rs1i and listened to 80i, 125i, 225i, HF2. If you venture over to www.headphone.com you will be able to browse headphones in your price range. Most have a frequency response chart that will basically tell what they will sound like. Pick something that has a hump in the lower frequencies that also doesn't have a bump in the higher ones. Those will be the ultimate bass heavy headphones. They are quite good there with recommendations too.
Just as a example I recently bought a pair of koss porta pros for $50. I wish i had looked at the frequency response first on that website though as they are far too bass heavy for me. I have to listen to them with the bass reducer eq setting on. They sound great though. I've tried all te beats headphones on display and am shocked how well my cheapo koss headphones compare. I prefer an open sound to closed though so I do have a bias.post #4 of 510/19/12 at 3:30pm
The Grados are more for rock as are most open-back headphones, you should look into something closed-back, you could mod a pair of Fostex T50RPs to get more bass out of them, plus they are suppose to be an amazing bargain and would be a good way to get into ortho headphones.post #5 of 510/21/12 at 11:50amThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Headphones for $100-150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New member roll call 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › FS: AKG K553 (<10 hours) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 3 minutes ago
- › FOR SALE: Headstage Arrow 5TX (Enhanced Bass Boost) 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › Budget Portable Source Player 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2