Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › lendmeurears.com: BUYER BEWARE?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

lendmeurears.com: BUYER BEWARE? - Page 2

post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post

Not true at all. If you file a claim you have to provide supporting evidence. Paypal will award someone a winner for lack of a better term. If the buyer won the claim at that point he would be required to ship it back and provide shipping/tracking details to Paypal and he would get his money back.

You can't win the claim if you have the goods and haven't returned them which is what the vendor would request. If he doesn't repond at all, perhaps but good luck with that.

 

So everybody got their stuff sorted as usual. A month is not ridiculous for a far east exchange and return shipping is part of almost every warranty claim. Lendmeurears has been one of the better suppliers to the community. If they aren't good enough or you lack patience, buy local and call it a day.

post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

You can't win the claim if you have the goods and haven't returned them which is what the vendor would request. If he doesn't repond at all, perhaps but good luck with that.

 

So everybody got their stuff sorted as usual. A month is not ridiculous for a far east exchange and return shipping is part of almost every warranty claim. Lendmeurears has been one of the better suppliers to the community. If they aren't good enough or you lack patience, buy local and call it a day.


Reading > You.

 

I deal with this stuff on a regular basis for a community Im a moderator of. That said community just so happens to be a place to buy, sell, trade car audio gear online.

 

You file the claim. Paypal will request you send it back if you havent. You provide Paypal with the tracking and delivery confirmation. Its that simple. Never send an item back without filing a claim first because then you are screwed.

post #18 of 24

I'm having the same problem! I bought a GR04 from them, when I received it, one channel had a ridiculous amount of driver flex. I filed a warranty claim, and they agreed that this was a warranty issue. It then took nearly a month for me to receive my new GR04s, during which time, I was not even sure that they had actually shipped them.

 

Last week, the nozzle on my GR04 broke off (broke is really the wrong word, I keep them in a hard case, this was a manufacturing defect), I have only had any pair of GR04s for a few months. Is it worth all of the hassle they put you through on warranty? And, what if the new pair is also defective? Do I spend another month waiting? They are demanding my receipt, which they do not email, and they have a new website which does not recognize the old logins, under which I purchased the GR04s. I have emailed three times now over the past week or two, and have not had a single response. At this point, I think I'd prefer a refund, so that I can purchase from a company that response to email. I would seriously give some pause before purchasing anything from lendmeurears.com ever again.

post #19 of 24

I never had a problem with them but it's always good to hear someone else's experience

post #20 of 24

The problem is that the whole business is one guy. He checks lendmeurears email once per week. That's the problem, he does not communicate, except once a week. I was apprehensive about my last warranty claim. The four emails he sent me came in the middle of the night on Sunday-Monday, so that what we could have figured out in one day or two, took over a month. It's absolutely absurd. They do fine for ordering, it's if there are any complications with the order. I mean, it takes a month round trip for the exchange, which is understandable, and certainly nothing he can control. But, when it takes a month of short, uninformative emails to get to that point, that's the problem.

post #21 of 24

Having the same problem with lendmeurears, got a pair of GR02 bass from them in late September, which have developed a fault. Only sent off a warranty claim on their site on Sunday so only two days ago, no response from them as of yet but will keep you updated on how i get on with them.

post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post


Reading > You.

 

I deal with this stuff on a regular basis for a community Im a moderator of. That said community just so happens to be a place to buy, sell, trade car audio gear online.

 

You file the claim. Paypal will request you send it back if you havent. You provide Paypal with the tracking and delivery confirmation. Its that simple. Never send an item back without filing a claim first because then you are screwed.

 We are in agreement that Paypal wont refund a thing until the gear is back in the vendor's hands which was my original point. Proof of return delivery is the same proof before or after Paypal gets involved. If something is defective, doesn't do much good to sit on it. I would have no issues with returning something for exchange to lendmeurears without Paypal's involvement. It should be a last resort. In fact, Lendmeurears clearly states that they only issue replacements and not refunds so I don't see how getting Paypal involved matters unless a replacement is refused.


Edited by goodvibes - 12/11/12 at 7:20am
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PloughPlough View Post

Having the same problem with lendmeurears, got a pair of GR02 bass from them in late September, which have developed a fault. Only sent off a warranty claim on their site on Sunday so only two days ago, no response from them as of yet but will keep you updated on how i get on with them.

That is not a problem. They'll contact you in the next few days as they always do. This is one of the best vendors available to us. It's a small operation that takes a few days to respond but they always do. Please stop indicating that they are a problem.

 

Look guys, If longer ship times and few days to respond are issues for you, don't buy from the far east to save a few bucks. Find someone local.


Edited by goodvibes - 12/11/12 at 7:33am
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PloughPlough View Post

Having the same problem with lendmeurears, got a pair of GR02 bass from them in late September, which have developed a fault. Only sent off a warranty claim on their site on Sunday so only two days ago, no response from them as of yet but will keep you updated on how i get on with them.
That is not a problem. They'll contact you in the next few days as they always do. This is one of the best vendors available to us. It's a small operation that takes a few days to respond but they always do. Please stop indicating that they are a problem.

Look guys, If longer ship times and few days to respond are issues for you, don't buy from the far east to save a few bucks. Find someone local.


I disagree, when any online business takes two weeks to respond to an email, that's a problem.

They have gotten better , but my first warranty claim took months to get figured out, because they took over a week to respond to my email at each step. That is unacceptable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › lendmeurears.com: BUYER BEWARE?