Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Executive... Another disappointment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beats Executive... Another disappointment - Page 4

post #46 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Beats me.. tongue.gif

Hahaha. Perfect!

post #47 of 160

 

 

Sounds like Monster still owns most of Beats, esp. if HTC sold back some or all their 51%...


Edited by phototristan - 11/5/12 at 11:27am
post #48 of 160

I think you're being way too flippant. And the other dude that said they are the same quality as the others too... Totally off the mark. These sound way better than the beats studios and the others. Also, understand that headphones are really personal. So be careful when you just flippantly rip on a new product.

 

And those reading should also avoid putting too much into what others say about headphones. I'm snobbish about headphones. I can't stand Grados, contrary to what the general consensus, I find them harsh, and naturally settled on Beyer Dynamic DT 770 pros. It's just a personal preference.

 

I just demoed some Beats Executives with a variety of music, and found them really pleasurable, very musical. Not overwhelming in the bass. They are warm... I don't know how they'd stand up to a full day of listening or mixing, but there you have it. 

post #49 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by superreggie View Post

I think you're being way too flippant. And the other dude that said they are the same quality as the others too... Totally off the mark. These sound way better than the beats studios and the others. Also, understand that headphones are really personal. So be careful when you just flippantly rip on a new product.

And those reading should also avoid putting too much into what others say about headphones. I'm snobbish about headphones. I can't stand Grados, contrary to what the general consensus, I find them harsh, and naturally settled on Beyer Dynamic DT 770 pros. It's just a personal preference.

I just demoed some Beats Executives with a variety of music, and found them really pleasurable, very musical. Not overwhelming in the bass. They are warm... I don't know how they'd stand up to a full day of listening or mixing, but there you have it. 

Well nice first post but I would have to completely disagree with you. I found even the studio to sound better than the executive when I heard both yesterday. I was suprised. I don't like either one but the highs were strange sounding to me and very hard to make out details even though it seemed like the detail should be there. Not muffled just indistinct.
post #50 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


Well nice first post but I would have to completely disagree with you. I found even the studio to sound better than the executive when I heard both yesterday. I was suprised. I don't like either one but the highs were strange sounding to me and very hard to make out details even though it seemed like the detail should be there. Not muffled just indistinct.

same or less sound quality than the beats studios? that really says something.....

post #51 of 160

The Studio is better.

Reply
post #52 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

The Studio is better.

so i guess they are still utterly terrible then

post #53 of 160

I'm not sure why people keep trying to find the one Beats/Monster headphone that actually sounds good.

 

Imagine if Sennheiser, AKG or Beyer just put out nothing but horrible sounding, disposable, spraypaintjob headphones for 5 years.

They would just go out of business. Nobody would give them 2nd, 3rd, 100th chances release after release. They would just fall off the map and cease to be discussed.


Edited by machoboy - 11/23/12 at 5:44am
post #54 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by machoboy View Post

I'm not sure why people keep trying to find the one Beats/Monster headphone that actually sounds good.

 

Imagine if Sennheiser, AKG or Beyer just put out nothing but horrible sounding, disposable, spraypaintjob headphones for 5 years.

They would just go out of business. Nobody would give them 2nd, 3rd, 100th chances release after release. They would just fall off the map and cease to be discussed.

they are rich cause of sheep feeding their wolf mouths

post #55 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by machoboy View Post

Imagine if Sennheiser, AKG or Beyer just put out nothing but horrible sounding, disposable, spraypaintjob headphones for 5 years.

 

 

AKG seems to be doing some of that lately.

post #56 of 160

I tried these at BestBuy today and wholly agree that they sound terrible. However, I think they are the best looking Beats to date. The others look like toys, but the Executive is a really mature good looking headphone. I got to thinking... If I had any diy skills, I'd transplant another headphones drivers in, like say the srh840 or m-100 drivers and enjoy the best of both worlds :D

post #57 of 160
^ I get that one of those worlds is the world of decent sounding headphones....... what is the other one we are getting the best of exactly?....... biggrin.gif
post #58 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

^ I get that one of those worlds is the world of decent sounding headphones....... what is the other one we are getting the best of exactly?....... biggrin.gif

Aluminum build, plush earpads, soft headband, decent clamp, not to mention 

 

 

 

They look good! wink.gif

post #59 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Aluminum build, plush earpads, soft headband, decent clamp, not to mention 

 

 

 

They look good! wink.gif

i will admit once that these actually look nice. no matter how much i despise beats i will be honest about that rolleyes.gif

post #60 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Aluminum build, plush earpads, soft headband, decent clamp, not to mention 
They look good! wink.gif

Oh... Sheeew... I thought you were talking about the world of wearing rapper endorsed products so that people think you are cool.... biggrin.gif That was a close one... thought you had lost it...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Executive... Another disappointment