I've bought two other headphones the Beats for $300 and the Sennheiser RS 160. The beats were heavy and had too much bass and this is coming from someone who listens predominantly to hip hop/ rap. The RS 160 was great and i loved the wireless capability(even though I couldn't switch to wired to save battery juice) but overall the sound was balanced the mids were nice and the bass was deep but didn't distort. However I skateboard all over nyc with my headphones on and this leads to them getting dropped from time to time, which is how i broke the transponder on my RS 160. I'm looking to spend up to $200 does anyone have any recommendations?
- productFocal Spirit One Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHarmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphonetagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for durable headphones for ~150$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $200 dollar budget! Last post on 10/23/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
Best headphones for hip hoppost #1 of 710/18/12 at 12:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
If youre going to be skating, then you will want lightweight, yet strong headphones with good but not overpowering bass.. I recommend the V-Moda Crossfade LP's. I would have said get the M-80's ( on ear) but they would fall off while you were skating unlike the Crossfade LP's (over ear) they are extremely durable, great for hip hop and very light...and honestly they look badass. Here, check them out:post #3 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pmpost #4 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.post #5 of 710/18/12 at 12:13pmpost #6 of 710/18/12 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.
I agree with you regarding the sound signature, but the M50's have that clamping feeling after a while which gives me a major headache, do you agree?post #7 of 710/18/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
I've got a fairly small head, so the clamping force has never bothered me but I know some who do complain of that (yourself clearly, lol). The LP2s are fine, I have a pair, but I prefer the M50s if we're going for sound signature for hip hop. The LP2s are just a bit too muddy for my tastes musically. I use them to game with now.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 32 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 55 seconds ago
- › FS: Stuff 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Dark Voice 339 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650's: They seem to have 580 diaphrams. Is this... 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)