I've bought two other headphones the Beats for $300 and the Sennheiser RS 160. The beats were heavy and had too much bass and this is coming from someone who listens predominantly to hip hop/ rap. The RS 160 was great and i loved the wireless capability(even though I couldn't switch to wired to save battery juice) but overall the sound was balanced the mids were nice and the bass was deep but didn't distort. However I skateboard all over nyc with my headphones on and this leads to them getting dropped from time to time, which is how i broke the transponder on my RS 160. I'm looking to spend up to $200 does anyone have any recommendations?
- productFocal Spirit One Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHarmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphonetagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for durable headphones for ~150$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $200 dollar budget! Last post on 10/23/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Best headphones for hip hoppost #1 of 710/18/12 at 12:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
If youre going to be skating, then you will want lightweight, yet strong headphones with good but not overpowering bass.. I recommend the V-Moda Crossfade LP's. I would have said get the M-80's ( on ear) but they would fall off while you were skating unlike the Crossfade LP's (over ear) they are extremely durable, great for hip hop and very light...and honestly they look badass. Here, check them out:post #3 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pmpost #4 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.post #5 of 710/18/12 at 12:13pmpost #6 of 710/18/12 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.
I agree with you regarding the sound signature, but the M50's have that clamping feeling after a while which gives me a major headache, do you agree?post #7 of 710/18/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
I've got a fairly small head, so the clamping force has never bothered me but I know some who do complain of that (yourself clearly, lol). The LP2s are fine, I have a pair, but I prefer the M50s if we're going for sound signature for hip hop. The LP2s are just a bit too muddy for my tastes musically. I use them to game with now.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Interest Check: Upcoming Meet at CANPAX @ TAVES? 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 30 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 42 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 59 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for: Closed Headphones (~$400) 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)