I've bought two other headphones the Beats for $300 and the Sennheiser RS 160. The beats were heavy and had too much bass and this is coming from someone who listens predominantly to hip hop/ rap. The RS 160 was great and i loved the wireless capability(even though I couldn't switch to wired to save battery juice) but overall the sound was balanced the mids were nice and the bass was deep but didn't distort. However I skateboard all over nyc with my headphones on and this leads to them getting dropped from time to time, which is how i broke the transponder on my RS 160. I'm looking to spend up to $200 does anyone have any recommendations?
- productFocal Spirit One Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHarmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphonetagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for durable headphones for ~150$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $200 dollar budget! Last post on 10/23/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Best headphones for hip hoppost #1 of 710/18/12 at 12:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
If youre going to be skating, then you will want lightweight, yet strong headphones with good but not overpowering bass.. I recommend the V-Moda Crossfade LP's. I would have said get the M-80's ( on ear) but they would fall off while you were skating unlike the Crossfade LP's (over ear) they are extremely durable, great for hip hop and very light...and honestly they look badass. Here, check them out:post #3 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pmpost #4 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.post #5 of 710/18/12 at 12:13pmpost #6 of 710/18/12 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.
I agree with you regarding the sound signature, but the M50's have that clamping feeling after a while which gives me a major headache, do you agree?post #7 of 710/18/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
I've got a fairly small head, so the clamping force has never bothered me but I know some who do complain of that (yourself clearly, lol). The LP2s are fine, I have a pair, but I prefer the M50s if we're going for sound signature for hip hop. The LP2s are just a bit too muddy for my tastes musically. I use them to game with now.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New Member Introductions thread 32 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 51 seconds ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 in _perfect_ condition - only 3 months old! 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)