I've bought two other headphones the Beats for $300 and the Sennheiser RS 160. The beats were heavy and had too much bass and this is coming from someone who listens predominantly to hip hop/ rap. The RS 160 was great and i loved the wireless capability(even though I couldn't switch to wired to save battery juice) but overall the sound was balanced the mids were nice and the bass was deep but didn't distort. However I skateboard all over nyc with my headphones on and this leads to them getting dropped from time to time, which is how i broke the transponder on my RS 160. I'm looking to spend up to $200 does anyone have any recommendations?
- productFocal Spirit One Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHarmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphonetagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for durable headphones for ~150$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $200 dollar budget! Last post on 10/23/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Best headphones for hip hoppost #1 of 710/18/12 at 12:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
If youre going to be skating, then you will want lightweight, yet strong headphones with good but not overpowering bass.. I recommend the V-Moda Crossfade LP's. I would have said get the M-80's ( on ear) but they would fall off while you were skating unlike the Crossfade LP's (over ear) they are extremely durable, great for hip hop and very light...and honestly they look badass. Here, check them out:post #3 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pmpost #4 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.post #5 of 710/18/12 at 12:13pmpost #6 of 710/18/12 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.
I agree with you regarding the sound signature, but the M50's have that clamping feeling after a while which gives me a major headache, do you agree?post #7 of 710/18/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
I've got a fairly small head, so the clamping force has never bothered me but I know some who do complain of that (yourself clearly, lol). The LP2s are fine, I have a pair, but I prefer the M50s if we're going for sound signature for hip hop. The LP2s are just a bit too muddy for my tastes musically. I use them to game with now.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 32 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Donguri 4 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 4 minutes ago
- › do WOMEN like HEAD-FI?? 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)