I've bought two other headphones the Beats for $300 and the Sennheiser RS 160. The beats were heavy and had too much bass and this is coming from someone who listens predominantly to hip hop/ rap. The RS 160 was great and i loved the wireless capability(even though I couldn't switch to wired to save battery juice) but overall the sound was balanced the mids were nice and the bass was deep but didn't distort. However I skateboard all over nyc with my headphones on and this leads to them getting dropped from time to time, which is how i broke the transponder on my RS 160. I'm looking to spend up to $200 does anyone have any recommendations?
- productFocal Spirit One Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHarmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSennheiser RS 160 Digital Wireless Headphonetagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for durable headphones for ~150$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $200 dollar budget! Last post on 10/23/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Best headphones for hip hoppost #1 of 710/18/12 at 12:00pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
If youre going to be skating, then you will want lightweight, yet strong headphones with good but not overpowering bass.. I recommend the V-Moda Crossfade LP's. I would have said get the M-80's ( on ear) but they would fall off while you were skating unlike the Crossfade LP's (over ear) they are extremely durable, great for hip hop and very light...and honestly they look badass. Here, check them out:post #3 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pmpost #4 of 710/18/12 at 12:09pm
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.post #5 of 710/18/12 at 12:13pmpost #6 of 710/18/12 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
Do you want over the ear or on the ear? If on the ear is good, then the V-Moda M80 are great, I agree with the poster above. If you want over the ear, go with the Audio Technica M50. Both can be had for around 160 or less via Amazon. The M50s are better than the Crossfade LP/LP2s in my opinion.
I agree with you regarding the sound signature, but the M50's have that clamping feeling after a while which gives me a major headache, do you agree?post #7 of 710/18/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
I've got a fairly small head, so the clamping force has never bothered me but I know some who do complain of that (yourself clearly, lol). The LP2s are fine, I have a pair, but I prefer the M50s if we're going for sound signature for hip hop. The LP2s are just a bit too muddy for my tastes musically. I use them to game with now.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 28 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 39 seconds ago
- › K701 vs K702 Anniversary vs K601 vs K612 vs K712- Compare to each... 47 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2