New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 - Page 149

post #2221 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelopsaro View Post

Hey guys.. the search feature doesnt help to find impressions for the fxz 100 model.. can you help a bit? or should we start a different threat or something?

 

not a bad idea.

the fxz100 fix the issues i had with the xba3. sweet and smooth highs and proper bass. though the xba does the 3d thing in a magical way, i could not stand the highs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by candurin View Post

I just wish I didn't see the xb90ex's they look pretty damn tempting too.  As long as the JVC's are comfy, I'm sure I'll be happy (I really do prefer bass heavy rock and I watch a lot of ipad movies in my international flights).

xb90s are more mids than highs, would not be the most ideal for rock. though fit is better.

post #2222 of 3189

I... just found out the best fit for my ear.... right phone on my left ear and left phone on my right ear... wore them over the ear and the fit is perfect and everything sounds nice now. though it looks stupid with the jvc ring sticking out.

 

Great..... anyway to switch the L-R channels? :D

post #2223 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsaudiophile View Post

I... just found out the best fit for my ear.... right phone on my left ear and left phone on my right ear... wore them over the ear and the fit is perfect and everything sounds nice now. though it looks stupid with the jvc ring sticking out.

 

Great..... anyway to switch the L-R channels? :D

 

There is a cable that you can buy for that, some of the high-end IEM comes included

post #2224 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelopsaro View Post

Hey guys.. the search feature doesnt help to find impressions for the fxz 100 model.. can you help a bit? or should we start a different threat or something?

These threads are most definitely "threats"... to our wallets biggrin.gif

post #2225 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

These threads are most definitely "threats"... to our wallets biggrin.gif

Cover your ears!

post #2226 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsaudiophile View Post

I... just found out the best fit for my ear.... right phone on my left ear and left phone on my right ear... wore them over the ear and the fit is perfect and everything sounds nice now. though it looks stupid with the jvc ring sticking out.

 

Great..... anyway to switch the L-R channels? :D

 

I believed that Hifiman provide such cable with the RE-262 (or any earphone with the TRRS balanced plug) to reverse the channel while wearing them over the ear but I'm not sure if it would work with normal TRS plug. I'll see if I can find my cable that came with my RE262.

post #2227 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

 

I believed that Hifiman provide such cable with the RE-262 (or any earphone with the TRRS balanced plug) to reverse the channel while wearing them over the ear but I'm not sure if it would work with normal TRS plug. I'll see if I can find my cable that came with my RE262.

 

The cable with the white female plug will reverse L and R, works with any IEM, comes with RE262, RE272, can be ordered on the Head-direct web site for $19.99.

 

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=119

post #2228 of 3189

May sell FXZ200 (shocker! I know). Not because I don't love them, but a friend here at my office is really into IEMs and he hates even trying to go through the hassle of ordering from Japan. Although there is a difference, I realize I can be happy owning the FXZ100 and owning the FXZ200 or vice versa. I want him to buy the FXZ100, but if he wants the FXZ200 I might go ahead and sell to him. I'll get the FXZ200 down the line if I do sell it (and after I sell the FXZ100 as I only need one). Plus, I need to save up for the Vsonic V7007.

post #2229 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

 

The cable with the white female plug will reverse L and R, works with any IEM, comes with RE262, RE272, can be ordered on the Head-direct web site for $19.99.

 

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=119


hmmmm these cables are very interesting. Especially that reverse L and R one, cuz my stupid ELE dac channels are reversed. LMAO I might have to get these.

 

Oh so $20 gets you all 3 cables right??? Anyone know where to just get the reverse L and R one only and for cheap?

post #2230 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


hmmmm these cables are very interesting. Especially that reverse L and R one, cuz my stupid ELE dac channels are reversed. LMAO I might have to get these.

 

Oh so $20 gets you all 3 cables right??? Anyone know where to just get the reverse L and R one only and for cheap?

make your own with inexpensive parts, that'll be the least expensive way to get such a cable.  

 

just wire it like ths:

 

G - G

Tip - Ring

Ring - Tip

post #2231 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

May sell FXZ200 (shocker! I know). Not because I don't love them, but a friend here at my office is really into IEMs and he hates even trying to go through the hassle of ordering from Japan. Although there is a difference, I realize I can be happy owning the FXZ100 and owning the FXZ200 or vice versa. I want him to buy the FXZ100, but if he wants the FXZ200 I might go ahead and sell to him. I'll get the FXZ200 down the line if I do sell it (and after I sell the FXZ100 as I only need one). Plus, I need to save up for the Vsonic V7007.

^ Spare us the excuses. biggrin.gif

.....................................

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzman View Post

make your own with inexpensive parts, that'll be the least expensive way to get such a cable.  

 

just wire it like ths:

 

G - G

Tip - Ring

Ring - Tip

 

My noob @ss has no idea what that meant. haha Seems like i have to cut adapters apart, and have to do some soldering to re-wire no??? No equipment for any of that sadly, nor experience. :  (

post #2232 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzman View Post

make your own with inexpensive parts, that'll be the least expensive way to get such a cable.  

 

just wire it like ths:

 

G - G

Tip - Ring

Ring - Tip

 

I made three of them for myself, no problem, copper, spc, and pure silver, there is a difference in sound in all three, depending on the iem it can make a difference!

post #2233 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

 

I made three of them for myself, no problem, copper, spc, and pure silver, there is a difference in sound in all three, depending on the iem it can make a difference!


Make me one cute. T__T

 

Dat Skittles!!!

 

400

post #2234 of 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrovic View Post

 

hehe regular_smile%20.gif

 

You wouldn't happen to be ericp's co-worker/ friend that is getting the FXZ200s right??? bigsmile_face.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

 

shows that the fxz100 are not far off. if i was into a more balanced sound then i would keep them.

i have never used the fxt90 but it seems to have the same build style, mostly plastic... doesnt inspire much confidence but they feel solid enough. 

 

That is exactly what i had in mind. If ericp is satisfied with just owning anyone of these, both must be really pretty kick@ss!

 

Oh and i have never thanked you for your random but pretty insistent plug/ rec of those SHE9700s in Ds' discovery thread (if i remember right), was able to get 2 like-new sets off amazon for like ~$4 shipped, best audio deal ever! Their J-cord wire/ easy to insert tips makes them heavenly for running. Oh yeah and they sound fantastic of course. beerchug.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/18/13 at 12:25pm
post #2235 of 3189

I was listening to the 200s last night before I went to bed and the only complaint at 60 hours is that these are hard to keep in my ears. I can get a good initial seal, but if I move around much, they start coming out. I have tried the stock tips and Sennheiser double flanges with no luck. Is anyone using anything that helps with keeping the headphones in and maybe better isolation?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: