New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 - Page 127

post #1891 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


For what it's worth, I don't think the fxz200 sounds like the asg-1. The sounstage surrounds/envelopes just like the asg-1.

 

Indeed.

post #1892 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

It's the ones in the middle.

 

What's different, physically (i.e. height, thickness, flexibility, bore diameter, etc.), about the Fischer Audio ones from Sony hybrid tips that causes a "night and day" difference?

 

ippin.jpg

post #1893 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

 

What's different, physically (i.e. height, thickness, flexibility, bore diameter, etc.), about the Fischer Audio ones from Sony hybrid tips that causes a "night and day" difference?

 

ippin.jpg

 

Any of the above factors can make an audible difference.  It'd be hard to single one out.  

post #1894 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Any of the above factors can make an audible difference.  It'd be hard to single one out.

 

I don't disagree. My intention was just to find out what exactly is different about them since there are probably not many people who have multiple types of these hybrid tips from various brands (VSONIC even has their own version); I'm not trying to single out which factor(s) cause the sound change. I listed them to clarify that I wanted to know the physical difference(s) rather than what changed in sound.

 

It seems like there's no general consensus among owners so far on the ideal diameter of the bores (the stock tips seem very wide bored though).


Edited by PeterDLai - 1/10/13 at 2:00pm
post #1895 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

 

I don't disagree. My intention was just to find out what exactly is different about them since there are probably not many people who have multiple types of these hybrid tips from various brands (VSONIC even has their own version); I'm not trying to single out which factor(s) cause the sound change. I listed them to clarify that I wanted to know the physical difference(s) rather than what changed in sound.

 

It seems like there's no general consensus among owners so far on the ideal diameter of the bores (the stock tips seem very wide bored though).

 

This is definitely something a lot of people want to know.  However, you'd still have to single out factors to figure it out.  Stuff like rubber used to make the tips, to the contstruction, variable thickness, etc would actually have to end up singled out to figure out how they contribute to sound.  


Edited by tinyman392 - 1/10/13 at 2:14pm
post #1896 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

 

What's different, physically (i.e. height, thickness, flexibility, bore diameter, etc.), about the Fischer Audio ones from Sony hybrid tips that causes a "night and day" difference?

 

ippin.jpg

 

I don't know. You have to try them out and see for yourself. The dif. is indeed huge, especially treble

post #1897 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

This is definitely something a lot of people want to know.  However, you'd still have to single out factors to figure it out.  Stuff like rubber used to make the tips, to the contstruction, variable thickness, etc would actually have to end up singled out to figure out how they contribute to sound.  

 

Again, all I'm asking for from miow is the physical differences between them, not anything dealing with how they contribute to the sound. The reason I ask is because I have genuine Sony hybrids and other generic tips that resemble them with slight physical differences (thickness of flange, height, bore diameter) and want to see if they're similar to the Fischer Audio ones or something else entirely.

 

The exact Fischer Audio ones that miow regards highly for IEMs are difficult to find sold separately, so if an alternative that is relatively similar (but still different from actual Sony hybrids) can be found, it would be beneficial to give those a try.

post #1898 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

I don't know. You have to try them out and see for yourself. The dif. is indeed huge, especially treble

 

I'm not asking for sound differences... I'm simply asking if it's not too much trouble to take one genuine Sony hybrid tip and one Fischer Audio silicon tip of similar size, and quickly comparing what's different about them, physically. Putting them side by side, is one taller than the other? Does one of them have a wider bore than the other? Which one is made of thicker silicone? Which one is more flexible? Which one is smoother/rougher in texture? I don't need exact measurements or anything, just differences that you can spot/feel easily.

 

If you don't have the time or just simply don't want to do a quick comparison physically between the two, that's fine too. But please understand I'm not trying to ask you to single out why the sound is different.


Edited by PeterDLai - 1/10/13 at 2:47pm
post #1899 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

 

I'm not asking for sound differences... I'm simply asking if it's not too much trouble to take one genuine Sony hybrid tip and one Fischer Audio silicon tip of similar size, and quickly comparing what's different about them, physically. Putting them side by side, is one taller than the other? Does one of them have a wider bore than the other? Which one is made of thicker silicone? Which one is more flexible? Which one is smoother/rougher in texture? Those types of questions...

 

If you don't have the time or just simply don't want to do a quick comparison physically between the two, that's fine too. But please understand I'm not trying to ask you to single out why the sound is different.

 

The fischer audio is much taller since it is made for BA's. I had to stretch it quite alot to be able to fit in such a large nozzle. They're also much softer. I think they belong to the FA-02, not sure.


Edited by miow - 1/10/13 at 2:51pm
post #1900 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

The fischer audio is much taller since it is made for BA's. I had to stretch it quite alot to be able to fit in such a large nozzle. They're also much softer. 

 

Okay, thanks, that was helpful. The actual Sony hybrid tips didn't have as much of an issue fitting onto the large nozzle? I've had issues before getting the Sony hybrid tips to stay on certain larger nozzles.

 

The generic hybrid-like tips I have are taller as well, but actually more rigid both inside and out.

post #1901 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

 

Okay, thanks, that was helpful. The actual Sony hybrid tips didn't have as much of an issue fitting onto the large nozzle? I've had issues before getting the Sony hybrid tips to stay on certain larger nozzles.

 

The generic hybrid-like tips I have are taller as well, but actually more rigid both inside and out.

 

Not an issue at all. They fit perfectly in the nozzle. The issue is to fit the fischer audio's. You can't even imagine ; )

post #1902 of 3204

Does anyone notice listener fatigue setting in faster with the 200's compared to other IEM's? The 200's sound so forward that my attention to listening to music fades quickly. Maybe it's the stock eartips...not sure. I guess it's like every instrument is brought to the foreground and competes for attention. I don't get that sensation with the IE7s, TF10 or the X10s.

post #1903 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

Not an issue at all. They fit perfectly in the nozzle. The issue is to fit the fischer audio's. You can't even imagine ; )

 

I just remembered which earphones I had trouble getting the Sony hybrids to fit on: the EPH-100. The fact that you managed to make those stay on the super large EPH-100 nozzles makes me wonder if their internal cores got stretched out (hence providing a perfect fit on the FXZ now wink.gif).

 

Either that, or perhaps there are multiple versions of genuine Sony hybrid tips as well.


Edited by PeterDLai - 1/10/13 at 3:18pm
post #1904 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


For what it's worth, I don't think the fxz200 sounds like the asg-1. The sounstage surrounds/envelopes just like the asg-1.

 

I see!

post #1905 of 3204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I see!

 

Just for kicks, have you tried the EarPortz on the FXZ200? Or would they not fit?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: