New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 - Page 119

post #1771 of 3163

It was around $220-230 to ship to my Tenso address then another $20-25 to be shipped to my home address in the states so around $240-250 total for my FXZ200s.

post #1772 of 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSmiley View Post

How much would the FXZ-200 be when ordered from amazon.co.jp through tenso.com?

 

I haven't tried tenso because I have only ever bought music CD's from amazon Japan and they ship to the US within 3 days! Around $20 for the first item and $5 additional the last time I bought from amazon.co.jp.

 

Anyone ordered through the amazon-tenso route? How much did everything cost total?

 

Also, how is the AMOUNT of bass compared to the JVC HA-FX101? I know it's ridiculous considering that the FX101 is a $14 headphone but it's the only other JVC I have. I'm a basshead who doesn't care about minimal muddiness. I prefer the CX400/CX500 for bass, especially that I can turn the bass up as loud as my threshold of pain allows and still have that deep and full big bass sound, and would love to know how the FXZ-200 would please me.

 

I'm considering about getting an IE80, but now the FXZ-200 is obviously much more exciting. I need more comparative reviews though.

 

I believe FXZ200 is about $225-ish roughly, free shipping from Amazon to Tenso, and Tenso's fee + shipping fee (to Australia) was $25 total.

 

It's great, when I bought my FXZ100 from Amazon.jp on the 24th Dec, Tenso received the packet from Amazon on the 26th, then shipped it out the same day (I paid the fee as soon as I got the email from Tenso), and delivered to my door on the 2nd Jan - not too shabby considering that was Xmas/NY period

post #1773 of 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

 

I'm not assuming, the Jay Kay live gig that ericp10 posted above, I don't hear/feel the drum thump that he hears in the same track.

 

Also, I don't feel any suction pressure in my canal that I get when I have perfect seal from my other IEM's (except the vented oI

I should have said that these allow a good seal but don't have complete isolation - i did not mean to say anything negative regarding you in particular

post #1774 of 3163

I've now fed my 200s pink noise for a couple of days. Insertion depth seems to strongly control how much bass I get. Shallower = more, deeper = less. I've managed to strike a good balance. I've plugged them into one of my desktop rigs for best results and am feeding them Friday Night In San Francisco from HDTracks. Considering my normal listening is done with ADAM speakers, orthos, 'stats or other top dynamics, I'm still pretty impressed. Mids are too far back for preference (my other cans are much more forward), so I don't seem them as a go-to IEM for my anytime soon, but they are still a good example of how IEMs can not suck without having to be crazily expensive.

 

Switched to the Crystal Method. Bass is now about right though I might experiment with bumping the mids up a touch. Upper mids and treble are a bit harsh with sibilance making the odd appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

190€ + 70€ customs fees. 250€ total. Still much cheaper than a SM3 and better performance, especially bass.

 

Whats amazing in this thread is that not a single person has disliked them. That says alot.

 

In all honesty, I was reading this thread wondering how long it was before I was lynched and I ended up seeing a bunch of them appearing in the classifieds.

post #1775 of 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

190€ + 70€ customs fees. 250€ total. Still much cheaper than a SM3 and better performance, especially bass.

 

Whats amazing in this thread is that not a single person has disliked them. That says alot.

 

Not in here but in the ATH-CKS1000 thread are some more critical notes about the FXZ's..

post #1776 of 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

I've now fed my 200s pink noise for a couple of days. Insertion depth seems to strongly control how much bass I get. Shallower = more, deeper = less. I've managed to strike a good balance. I've plugged them into one of my desktop rigs for best results and am feeding them Friday Night In San Francisco from HDTracks. Considering my normal listening is done with ADAM speakers, orthos, 'stats or other top dynamics, I'm still pretty impressed. Mids are too far back for preference (my other cans are much more forward), so I don't seem them as a go-to IEM for my anytime soon, but they are still a good example of how IEMs can not suck without having to be crazily expensive.

 

Switched to the Crystal Method. Bass is now about right though I might experiment with bumping the mids up a touch. Upper mids and treble are a bit harsh with sibilance making the odd appearance.

 

In all honesty, I was reading this thread wondering how long it was before I was lynched and I ended up seeing a bunch of them appearing in the classifieds.

That makes me a little nervous. I absolutely love the MIDs in the S500s and I hope the FXZ200s are on par with the forwardness? The FXD80 has disappointing MIDs to me in comparison. They don't sound as close or intimate which I've found I really like.

 

Can anyone give me an A/B including the S500s and FXZ200s? I'm more worried about the mids than anything, but a complete comparison would be fantastic if anyone is up to it. I always love to hear Dsnuts explanations and impressions as he was the one to convince me to buy the amazing S500s in the first place.

post #1777 of 3163
Here are my FXZ200 out of the box impressions I sent to a couple of friends last night:

Got em, and so far I like em.

I believe they are supposed to be worn over the ear and are labeled right and left accurately. The iem angles towards the back of my ear, while the sub rests in the bowl of the ear. Barely anything sticking out, well relatively speaking.

So far I've left the medium tips on, which are a little too small for 'proper' fit and isolation but you know what? That's where there is some airy magic going on. I'm getting an ex1000 rivaling soundstage. Just awesome space.

They are definitely a bass head leaning iem but one done right. With the fit I have, it's less bass than the Atrio m5 but much, much better overall sound signature. That's all until tomorrow.

FXZ200 = Fun-o-phile.

Then today I did some tip rolling and experimented with insertion depth, angle and seal. Here was my latest message:

Did some tip rolling. Observations:

Deep seal sucks. Tight seal sucks. Wearing down sucks. All boomy and V shaped.

Somewhat loose seal with over the ear and angled back to sit in the bowl of the ear is where the magic is. Somehow looser seal makes tighter bass, not to mention the airy soundstage.

Loose seal helps bring the mids more forward and reduces treble. Treble is the weak point of the iem. It's not articulate. But with the loose seal I don't mind as its more about the ambiance.

Too early to know of they are keepers but they have potential. I'll give them some time and see how they grow on me. Looks like I need to acquire back up medium stock tips if I keep them.
post #1778 of 3163

Thanks for that shotgunshane. beerchug.gif I'll definitely have to give them a go over-ear and see if that brings the mids out how I want them. 

post #1779 of 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzman View Post

I should have said that these allow a good seal but don't have complete isolation - i did not mean to say anything negative regarding you in particular

 

All good mate I didn't perceive your comment as negative anyway tongue_smile.gif

 

So I tried Comply today, stil can't get the perfect seal on my left canal, but I can't push it any further since the cable relief stopping it from being pushed too deep, so I reversed right-left and wear it over ear, this way I can push super deep and get a perfect seal, the bass tighten up by heaps but I am also losing quite a considerable amount of sub-bass, and it gets uncomfortable after about 30 mins or so

post #1780 of 3163

200's burn-in away.... dying to try them this weekend! basshead.gif My Beyer Telsa T1's look on in disgust!

 


Edited by RatFarm - 1/9/13 at 6:02am
post #1781 of 3163

I hate how cymbals suck with the FXZ200s.. It doesnt sound like cymbals.. more like someone hitting plastic.. ugh

 

 

Though hard to compete against the GR07 who eats cymbals for breakfast like no other


Edited by jnsaudiophile - 1/9/13 at 6:56am
post #1782 of 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsaudiophile View Post

I hate how cymbals suck with the FXZ200s.. It doesnt sound like cymbals.. more like someone hitting plastic.. ugh

 

 

Though hard to compete against the GR07 who eats cymbals for breakfast like no other


oh nooooos.

post #1783 of 3163

Holly Crap!! My €70's confused_face.gif


Edited by miow - 1/9/13 at 8:18am
post #1784 of 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

 

All good mate I didn't perceive your comment as negative anyway tongue_smile.gif

 

So I tried Comply today, stil can't get the perfect seal on my left canal, but I can't push it any further since the cable relief stopping it from being pushed too deep, so I reversed right-left and wear it over ear, this way I can push super deep and get a perfect seal, the bass tighten up by heaps but I am also losing quite a considerable amount of sub-bass, and it gets uncomfortable after about 30 mins or so

Glad you did not take offense- none was intended..... Interesting - when i push them in deep, they get boomy, and the mids and treble get buried by the blurred, boomy one-note bass.  must be an ear-canal-shape thing.  what tips are you using?  I'm using the large, stock tips, especially with the 100s - both 100s and 200s are very sensitive to the ANGLE of insertion.  There's a sweet spot for me, where they become quite magical, especially with a good source (sonos p90 - Wireworld Gold Eclipse digital cable, Centrance Dacmini, AQ power cords and a Furman PST8dig power conditioner/distributor, e.g.)  

post #1785 of 3163
An update after a long listening session:

Soundstage now actually reminds me more of the original Aurisonics ASG-1, before all the revisions, instead of the EX1000. The soundstage is definitely very spacious but also very enveloping / all encompassing. It's definitely an awesome wow factor but does wear me out after a while.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: