New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 - Page 100

post #1486 of 3166

I may take the plunge and get the 100's also...lol I want to try them out.  I enjoy the 200's but want to try the 100's also.  

post #1487 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

That is exactly the difference, Dsnuts>> 200 = brass housings and silver cable  ...... 100 = aluminum (not plastic) housings and copper cable ... Silver cables I know increases the bass significantly from my using with one of my custom IEMs. And brass affects the sound too from what I've read about it being using with other IEMs.

 

The spc, silver coated copper wire on the 200, is alot cheaper than pure silver, and pure silver wire costs 5 times as much......there is a difference in the sound as well, smoother and more bass impact using pure silver stranded wire.  Brass must be the alloy that affects the sound most, so that the 200 has a deeper richer quality.  But the difference in cost isn't really justified by the material used!  I have not heard the 100's, I am very satisfied with the sound of the 200, different than my S500.....I have half the cost of the 200, in my S500 with the HM5 pads and pure silver/copper hybrid cable, but the 200 does not sound twice as good as the S500.  It is the little IEM brother of the S500, and both deserve a good dac and amp upstream/gears, to sound it's best!

 

I would like to hear the XBA3, after hearing how Currawong compared them to these.....amazon.jp has them for $115.  But I don't think the XBA3 would get enough listening time as I don't use a DAP very often.....most of my listening is done on my home gears with the S500, and I change to the 200 for a time each day because of ear problems!


Edited by cute - 1/2/13 at 7:51pm
post #1488 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Ya It would be very cool if we had shops like they do in Japan where you can sample these for yourself to see which one will fit your sound preference more.

 

It may sound like I much prefer the FXZ200 over the FXZ100 but truth be told I do enjoy both. I find myself reaching for either one and not favoring one too much over the other..They both have a different take on the FXZ sound and that is just more FXZ sound for me. Yes I am selfish like that.  DO I want the excellent sound of the FXZ100 or do I want to listen to the even more excellent sound of the FXZ200. It is a nice problem to have.

 

I am very happy I got both..Like Hef.ksc75smile.gif

700

beerchug.gif

post #1489 of 3166

Which one of those is the 200......lol!

post #1490 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

Which one of those is the 200......lol!

 

The one with the more seductive voice who separates 50% more cash from his wallet evil_smiley.gif

post #1491 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Probably closer to the IE8 in balance if that helps.

Yes that helps, thank you! Are the 100's and 200's as open sounding as the sennheisers? I've seen the 100's being described here as particiularly 'airy' compared to the 200's, but I suppose the latter is not sounding congested in any way? Hm, decisions.. 'luckily' I have to wait for at least a month before I can pull the trigger on these, but I have a feeling that it's going to be a tough choice with all the new IEMs coming out...
post #1492 of 3166

Can anyone shed some light on how the MEElelectronic double flange tips are with the 200's?  These...

 

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-df-35-cl.htm

post #1493 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

I don't even own the 200s, so I don't think he's wanting what I told him to want. lol

 

But if the 200s are even more than the 100s (which I have no reason to doubt), I would say our friend is in for a treat! But the 100 stand on its own from what I'm reading too. The 100 is great!

 

 

yea, maybe i will end with both,  100 and 200.   just like i did with the fxd series, first i bought the 80's but because of ur "hype" over the 70's, i bought those too.  

Ended liking more the 70's  biggrin.gif

 

i dont care for my wallet anymore, its just money.  bigsmile_face.gif


Edited by rickdohc - 1/3/13 at 4:28am
post #1494 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

 

The spc, silver coated copper wire on the 200, is alot cheaper than pure silver, and pure silver wire costs 5 times as much......there is a difference in the sound as well, smoother and more bass impact using pure silver stranded wire.  Brass must be the alloy that affects the sound most, so that the 200 has a deeper richer quality.  But the difference in cost isn't really justified by the material used!  I have not heard the 100's, I am very satisfied with the sound of the 200, different than my S500.....I have half the cost of the 200, in my S500 with the HM5 pads and pure silver/copper hybrid cable, but the 200 does not sound twice as good as the S500.  It is the little IEM brother of the S500, and both deserve a good dac and amp upstream/gears, to sound it's best!

You'll never match the % of increase for the $ spent if you already genuinely like something but that mean it's not nworthwhile.bigsmile_face.gif Sometimes that little bit goes a long way in goosebump factor.

 

Silver plated usually doesn't increase 'perceived' bass but brightens thing up top. It can also make the bass sound a bit tighter by increasing perceived harmonics. There really shouldn't be much to the sound difference of materials used. Maybe the copper is made thinner to allow a slightly larger chamber for the bass driver or the bass driver is slightly different for the tune of the 200. The brass itself sholdn't affect the bass response. On things I already like, I tend to prefer copper to plated but if the character is part of a design, it can be part of a cohesive mix.


Edited by goodvibes - 1/3/13 at 6:20am
post #1495 of 3166

OK so I have just received my FXZ100 - first listen, WOW!!! the bass QUALITY of this thing is just pure awesomeness!!!, I totally agree with everyone here, it feels like there is a pair of subwoofer installed just behind my earlobes...

 

...however...

 

...sibilance!!! damnn!!! is it just me, or anyone else too? or am I using the wrong tips? I am using the stock large silicone, might try and use foamies...

 

...but yeah, the bass is just like nothing I have heard before in an IEM, perfect quantity for me on the FXZ100, I can just imagine FXZ200 haha...in fact, I might just buy that too in a couple of weeks or so...

 

Purchase from Amazon.jp on the 24th, Tenso received the shipment on the 26th and shipped it out on the same day, delivered to my place in Perth, Western Australia on the 2nd Jan...absolutely superb...

post #1496 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

OK so I have just received my FXZ100 - first listen, WOW!!! the bass QUALITY of this thing is just pure awesomeness!!!, I totally agree with everyone here, it feels like there is a pair of subwoofer installed just behind my earlobes...

 

...however...

 

...sibilance!!! damnn!!! is it just me, or anyone else too? or am I using the wrong tips? I am using the stock large silicone, might try and use foamies...

 

...but yeah, the bass is just like nothing I have heard before in an IEM, perfect quantity for me on the FXZ100, I can just imagine FXZ200 haha...in fact, I might just buy that too in a couple of weeks or so...

 

Purchase from Amazon.jp on the 24th, Tenso received the shipment on the 26th and shipped it out on the same day, delivered to my place in Perth, Western Australia on the 2nd Jan...absolutely superb...

Glad you like them mate. Now I need to read some quick impressions on the DBA700, please, before tomorrow. I know you have them. lol beerchug.gif

post #1497 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

OK so I have just received my FXZ100 - first listen, WOW!!! the bass QUALITY of this thing is just pure awesomeness!!!, I totally agree with everyone here, it feels like there is a pair of subwoofer installed just behind my earlobes...

 

...however...

 

...sibilance!!! damnn!!! is it just me, or anyone else too? or am I using the wrong tips? I am using the stock large silicone, might try and use foamies...

 

...but yeah, the bass is just like nothing I have heard before in an IEM, perfect quantity for me on the FXZ100, I can just imagine FXZ200 haha...in fact, I might just buy that too in a couple of weeks or so...

 

Purchase from Amazon.jp on the 24th, Tenso received the shipment on the 26th and shipped it out on the same day, delivered to my place in Perth, Western Australia on the 2nd Jan...absolutely superb...

Is this right out the box, or did you burn them in a bit? A lot of headphones and IEMs (especially Sony, I don't know about JVC) have painfully harsh treble until you burn them in for at least 20-30 minutes.

post #1498 of 3166

I'm sure I'm way over a 100 hours of burn-in with the 100 now. And I have to say with burn-in the bass really settles down and becomes even more part of the general mix of sound (meaning the sound overall is more cohesive and that powerful subwoofer bass is just there when needed). The whole sound spectrum is heavenly. I hope the 200 keeps that blend, although I expect even thicker notes from what I've read.

post #1499 of 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Glad you like them mate. Now I need to read some quick impressions on the DBA700, please, before tomorrow. I know you have them. lol beerchug.gif

 

I just post them in the DBA700 thread just for you sir beerchug.gif

 

Now I need to pull this JVC out of my ear and get some sleep...

post #1500 of 3166

My main concern with IEMs in general: do they have enough suction in your ear canals to maintain a good seal when you walk, run, or tug on the cable a bit? It's a major annoyance to have to push them in all the time. If they will stay in my ears without earhooks or other gimmicks, I just might need to open up my wallet...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: