Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ++PORTABLE/IEM RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for advice HERE! [Please read OP]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++PORTABLE/IEM RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for advice HERE!... - Page 6  

post #76 of 190

Hey, thanks for your timely reply! I was just about the pull the trigger on the e-Q5s but now maybe the HF2s are what I'm looking for...

 

Man, I hate internet shopping for 'phones. Any idea how they might compare?

post #77 of 190

Hey I am interested in a basshead-like pair of in-ears around $100. Would the Shure SE215 be a good pair of headphones for me? These will be used mostly for Hip-Hop/Rap but also Electronica, RnB, Dubstep, and modern Pop.

post #78 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor822 View Post

Hey I am interested in a basshead-like pair of in-ears around $100. Would the Shure SE215 be a good pair of headphones for me? These will be used mostly for Hip-Hop/Rap but also Electronica, RnB, Dubstep, and modern Pop.

Those would be good for that use but.....

Trust me on this one.. TRY THE DISCONTINUED CKM99 before they are no longer able to be found.

I actually got these IEMs by chance. I did a trade and the guy I traded with threw them in to make the deal more fair. I was going to flip them on eBay until I started actually using them.

Look, this is what happened last night. I told my buddy (who is actually an old friend of Skrillex) he had to listen to this linkin park song on my DAP that has a lot of sub-bass. He had just got done showing me a bunch of EDM stuff that I might want to try out from his desk rig in his office.

In any case he put them in and I pressed play. He FROZE.... His eyes got as big as silver dollars and he just stood there. He kept pointing his finger up to get me to turn up the volume. Then he starts yelling (IEMs still in ears)......"Wow, these are like having subwoofers inside your ears!!!"

In any case, I have been enjoying these. AT apparently makes a lot of IEMs and these kind of flew under the Head-fi radar. There just aren't a lot of reviews of them on here. The bass is soooo deep and IMO so textured and I still dont understand how they did it AND have a really great midrange at the same time. The only word I can use to describe the sound...... BUTTER.... I saw that Joker reviewed them and gave them nearly a 9 out of 10 in sound (and absolutely NO DISRESPECT to him, but I don't hear them the way he does in the high end.) I find them detailed but smooth. (believe me Joker is amazing in what he has done on here and you should check out what he says about them)

So that is my reserved answer to your question. These I have had for about a week now and they are my official recommendation to all bassheads from here on out, until I find something to dethrone them in my mind.

Oh, yea I almost forgot. They are the most comfortable IEM I have ever used. Insertion and seal is so easy with the way they are designed even though you would think so by looking at them.

The SE215 is a well known bass performer if you don't want to try my suggestion though so good luck.
post #79 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

Trust me on this one.. TRY THE DISCONTINUED CKM99 before they are no longer able to be found.
 

 

For the shipping fee that you quoted me, along with the DT1350's, you might as well also send those CKM99's! tongue.gif

post #80 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

For the shipping fee that you quoted me, along with the DT1350's, you might as well also send those CKM99's! tongue.gif
No prob buddy smily_headphones1.gif. Just add an addtl $150 for shipping and u can borrow those too biggrin.gif
post #81 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


No prob buddy smily_headphones1.gif. Just add an addtl $150 for shipping and u can borrow those too biggrin.gif

 

Excellent! You're the man. A cheque for $449 is in the mail LOL!

post #82 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


I am not a "pro" but I have tried a few. I just happen to get a pair of CKM99's which can be found for just over 100 dollars i believe in a trade. I must admit I have been kind of adicted to them. If you read Joker's review of them it almost sounds like he didn't like them until you realize he gave them almost a 9 out of 10 in Sq. I agree with so much of what Joker says but on that one the only difference is I find the bass quite textured and addictive. They are a fun phone and just have this unique sort of sound going on with the bass/mids to them that I cant seem to stop listening to. Colored sound but fun to listen to.
The JVC FXD80 is another fun bassy sounding iem that people rave about on the long thread on that line.
Of course the TF10s are a huge upgrade from the 600 and for 150 you get real bang for your buck in a fun sounding IEM. The bass is quicker and less extension than the CKM99's.. The Shure SE215 is supposed to be a nice bassy hp as well and a great improvement upon the inferior se210 (imo hiddeous sounding).

Thank you for replying :D

I 'm not really SE215  >< 

Maybe SE 215 not suit me hahaha

BTW are CKM 99 very bassier ? Cause i 'm really enjoy EXTREME BASSier one :) 

How bout JVC HA FXT 90 ? How does it when compared to FXD80 ?

post #83 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinSii91 View Post

Thank you for replying biggrin.gif
I 'm not really SE215  >< 
Maybe SE 215 not suit me hahaha
BTW are CKM 99 very bassier ? Cause i 'm really enjoy EXTREME BASSier one smily_headphones1.gif 
How bout JVC HA FXT 90 ? How does it when compared to FXD80 ?
Like I said in the last post, the CKM99 is my preferred basshead iem at the moment.

Go to this thread and ask about the fxt90 vs the fxd80:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/612299/jvcs-micro-hd-line-revamped-for-2012-ha-fxd80-70-60/1290#post_8794690

Good luck.

Doc
post #84 of 190

Someone say Bass?..CKM99 is more of a balanced sound. Slight v shape but you want the bass.

700

These are it. Try out a Sony XB90EX. 

post #85 of 190

Should I get the TripleFi 10? It seems like it's the most recommended IEM on this forum (yes I've searched) and can be had fairly cheaply (relative to its $400 MSRP). This would be for work and rare rides on the Metro. Seal is important to me as I prefer blocking out external noise without (hopefully) having to crank up the volume all the way up, and hearing subsequent noise complaints, to block noise. I really want a crisp sound, bass is nice but not supremely important. I anticipate spending a lot of time listening to podcasts, rap/hip hop, and lots of "indie" (wide range, electronic to lo-fi, to rock). If it matters primary source would most likely be my Samsung Galaxy Nexus followed closely by my work laptop. I'd prefer to keep it under $200, under $150 would be extremely ideal.

post #86 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidel cashflow View Post

Should I get the TripleFi 10? It seems like it's the most recommended IEM on this forum (yes I've searched) and can be had fairly cheaply (relative to its $400 MSRP). This would be for work and rare rides on the Metro. Seal is important to me as I prefer blocking out external noise without (hopefully) having to crank up the volume all the way up, and hearing subsequent noise complaints, to block noise. I really want a crisp sound, bass is nice but not supremely important. I anticipate spending a lot of time listening to podcasts, rap/hip hop, and lots of "indie" (wide range, electronic to lo-fi, to rock). If it matters primary source would most likely be my Samsung Galaxy Nexus followed closely by my work laptop. I'd prefer to keep it under $200, under $150 would be extremely ideal.

I own the TF10s. For the same amount of cash..I would look into Sony's. XBA-3..TF10s are showing their age. The sound isn't all that to be honest.. Isolating is excellent on the Sonys as well. I seen them on ebay for $180ish..

 

If you want to spend around a $100ish JVC FXD80s are excellent for the price. One of the best actually. Either way. Both are better than the TF10.


Edited by Dsnuts - 10/25/12 at 3:34pm
post #87 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I own the TF10s. For the same amount of cash..I would look into Sony's. XBA-3..TF10s are showing their age. The sound isn't all that to be honest.. Isolating is excellent on the Sonys as well. I seen them on ebay for $180ish..

 

If you want to spend around a $100ish JVC FXD80s are excellent for the price. One of the best actually. Either way. Both are better than the TF10.

Thanks, I forgot one (semi important?) detail. I'm the angel of death when it comes to audio cabling, so I need something durable. My Logitech speakers for my laptop, the aux cable in my car, my two previous ear phones all have shorting issues. I'm not needlessly rough on them, it just seems to happen.

post #88 of 190

XBA-3s come with a thick black flat cable. There is even a i version for smartphones and such. Cable is much better in that regard over the TF10s but these are higher end earphones after all. So I would treat them like so but I trust the XBA-3 cable over the weak cable that comes with the TF10s. I think they made them to be replaced on the TF10s for a reason. They come with a very nice case to put them in. I would look into the XBA-3s.

 

If you look at the cable that is on the XB90EX up top. Those are very similar to the cable that is on the XBA-3. Solid quality and a killer sound.

post #89 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Someone say Bass?..CKM99 is more of a balanced sound. Slight v shape but you want the bass.

These are it. Try out a Sony XB90EX. 

It's about time you showed your face around here...! I guess you are right in the sense they are not fart cannon, bass monsters, but they are for sure not balanced. I would call my w4 balanced and these are far from it but you are right they are "more balanced" than typical basshead phones.

It is funny you posted here because I was looking for impressions on the CKM99 and I found yours. You said in march they were your favorite all time IEMS (Im sure you found more faves since then....) and I can see why. I use them as much as I use my W4's. Just a very fun sound to me. And it was also good to see that you found the same thing I did on the highs in contrast to a couple other reviews on here that I was able to find.

I guess what I mean on the bass, and I think you agree with me, on these is they can go SO LOW and have the capability of some serious bass when it is called for.

Anyway glad to see you post here to help some of these guys out. I know you have tried a lot of the models being asked about.
post #90 of 190

Please recommend me some in-ear headphones that has the same or similar sound signature as the Sennheiser Amperior.. I'll be using it for rock, acoustic, alternative type of music. Thanks in advanced! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ++PORTABLE/IEM RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for advice HERE! [Please read OP]