Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 11/18/13 at 8:55am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Searching for a High-End Portable amp for my customs Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for HD 650 Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 69910/29/12 at 3:53am
Yes, it's a GT-I9300 running Siyah kernel and a Jelly Bean build of the Omega ROM. The USB connection should work fine on a stock OS too though.post #93 of 69910/29/12 at 3:56amQuote:
I have never used the TTVjslim, and I only really listened for a few moments to make sure the USB was working correctly, so I can't really give any meaningful comparisons. I can say it did not seem overly warm though, and I didn't notice any particularly emphasized frequencies.post #94 of 69910/29/12 at 11:30ampost #95 of 69910/29/12 at 12:59pmQuote:
No, most ROMs are built on a TouchWiz base and will have the same USB audio capabilities as pure stock firmwares. Only the AOSP/AOKP/CM ROMs will lack USB audio.post #96 of 69910/29/12 at 6:03pmThread StarterQuote:
It is the same signature as the TTVJ Slim (tuned to sound like a very good tube amp), but with extra extension due to the better power supply.post #97 of 69910/29/12 at 7:38pmpost #98 of 69910/29/12 at 11:44pmQuote:
Thank you, exactly what I wanted to read.post #99 of 69910/30/12 at 12:45amQuote:
I have 24/96 references on my Galaxy S3 so I'll try em when the glacier comes in on thursday. I also have a hundred or so 24/192 rips on my laptop that I'll try (although my BiFrost has desktop duty well covered).
Kojakupost #100 of 69910/30/12 at 12:48amQuote:
Good luck with that. I left iDevice land for this specific reason. Apple licensing shoots the price of a decent dac/amp to $600ish (VAMP, HP-P1, CLAS). Plus none of those have a Pete Millett designed amp section and the CLAS doesn't even have an amp...
Kojakupost #101 of 69910/30/12 at 3:29amQuote:
That's right, Omega is based on TouchWiz, so you get all the Samsung features you want with none of the ones you don't want. It's been 100% stable for me and the battery life of the phone has been great without all the extra junk running. Definitely recommended if you don't mind rooting your phone.post #102 of 69910/30/12 at 4:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Gibraltar
That's right, Omega is based on TouchWiz, so you get all the Samsung features you want with none of the ones you don't want. It's been 100% stable for me and the battery life of the phone has been great without all the extra junk running. Definitely recommended if you don't mind rooting your phone.
Where is the best place to get the Omega rom?
I hope the mini s3 will have the USB driver as well. I will use it as a dap, and remove everything non music related.post #103 of 69910/30/12 at 4:19amQuote:
Galaxy Mini doesn't have USB OTG, so I don't think that will be an option.
Omega ROM you can get from XDA-developers.compost #104 of 69910/30/12 at 4:22am
the only rom ive tried was cm10 and while it was pretty slick and nice my mobile data wasnt working so i went back to samsung jelly bean.ill give omega a shot seeing that its derived from touchwhizpost #105 of 69910/30/12 at 4:26amQuote:
Galaxy S3 mini...still not out but will be soon. Are you sure about that and how?
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X... 39 seconds ago
- › Looking for new DAC, suggestions please... 1 minute ago
- › Hidition NT-6 PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones under $100 Without an Amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-900 - Dunu's Dual Hybrid IEM - Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Legendary synergy? 8 minutes ago
- › Substitute for my HD600 at the office. 9 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe