Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 1/31/14 at 4:45am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 75710/29/12 at 3:53am
Yes, it's a GT-I9300 running Siyah kernel and a Jelly Bean build of the Omega ROM. The USB connection should work fine on a stock OS too though.post #93 of 75710/29/12 at 3:56amQuote:
I have never used the TTVjslim, and I only really listened for a few moments to make sure the USB was working correctly, so I can't really give any meaningful comparisons. I can say it did not seem overly warm though, and I didn't notice any particularly emphasized frequencies.post #94 of 75710/29/12 at 11:30ampost #95 of 75710/29/12 at 12:59pmQuote:
No, most ROMs are built on a TouchWiz base and will have the same USB audio capabilities as pure stock firmwares. Only the AOSP/AOKP/CM ROMs will lack USB audio.post #96 of 75710/29/12 at 6:03pmThread StarterQuote:
It is the same signature as the TTVJ Slim (tuned to sound like a very good tube amp), but with extra extension due to the better power supply.post #97 of 75710/29/12 at 7:38pmpost #98 of 75710/29/12 at 11:44pmQuote:
Thank you, exactly what I wanted to read.post #99 of 75710/30/12 at 12:45amQuote:
I have 24/96 references on my Galaxy S3 so I'll try em when the glacier comes in on thursday. I also have a hundred or so 24/192 rips on my laptop that I'll try (although my BiFrost has desktop duty well covered).
Kojakupost #100 of 75710/30/12 at 12:48amQuote:
Good luck with that. I left iDevice land for this specific reason. Apple licensing shoots the price of a decent dac/amp to $600ish (VAMP, HP-P1, CLAS). Plus none of those have a Pete Millett designed amp section and the CLAS doesn't even have an amp...
Kojakupost #101 of 75710/30/12 at 3:29amQuote:
That's right, Omega is based on TouchWiz, so you get all the Samsung features you want with none of the ones you don't want. It's been 100% stable for me and the battery life of the phone has been great without all the extra junk running. Definitely recommended if you don't mind rooting your phone.post #102 of 75710/30/12 at 4:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Gibraltar
That's right, Omega is based on TouchWiz, so you get all the Samsung features you want with none of the ones you don't want. It's been 100% stable for me and the battery life of the phone has been great without all the extra junk running. Definitely recommended if you don't mind rooting your phone.
Where is the best place to get the Omega rom?
I hope the mini s3 will have the USB driver as well. I will use it as a dap, and remove everything non music related.post #103 of 75710/30/12 at 4:19amQuote:
Galaxy Mini doesn't have USB OTG, so I don't think that will be an option.
Omega ROM you can get from XDA-developers.compost #104 of 75710/30/12 at 4:22am
the only rom ive tried was cm10 and while it was pretty slick and nice my mobile data wasnt working so i went back to samsung jelly bean.ill give omega a shot seeing that its derived from touchwhizpost #105 of 75710/30/12 at 4:26amQuote:
Galaxy S3 mini...still not out but will be soon. Are you sure about that and how?
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Earsonics SM2 v2 for sale. 7 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 56 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Shortening the sony mdr-v6 cable? 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer audio Silver Bullet FS 25 EU, - Still in packaging. 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude