I can only think of the Centrance Hifi-M8 that might be a good pairing. I've never personally heard the combination however, so I can't vouch for its sound. There aren't many of those on the market.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 11/11/14 at 3:29am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: Today
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 52
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah, I was afraid it would come to that. ;)
I think I'm going to send the Glacier back and try the M8.
You're welcome. Shame the Glacier didn't fit your needs as I really do like it. Good luck with the M8 though
Hi, I just got the Glacier today, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. I don't hear a difference compared to the Fiio E07K. I have a Fostex TH600. Shouldn't I get a remarkable improvement in sound? Maybe the bass is a tiny bit tighter, but overall... Did I expect too much from a different amp?
My experience with the Glacier is that I noticed just a little bit improve in overall sound. But after a couple weeks get used to the sound, I plugged my headphones directly to the laptop and ipod. It really surprised me about the change. So take your time to get used of the sound sign and get back to the E07K to see what happens. If you want to see a remarkable different in sound, may be you can try a darker amp such as Arrow 3G.
The arrow is practically a wire with gain. It doesn't really add anything to the sound signature of the headphones you're listening to so it takes a while to notice its merits, like midnightwalker said.
Purely based on sound signature, I think X5 and Glacier might complement each other since Glacier is forward sounding meanwhile X5 is warm sounding.
Never heard the combination but might be worth thinking about.
TBH I have tried Apex Glacier with GS4 (headfiers rave good matching combination of Glacier and their GS3) and my ears did not really like since the GS4 SQ is already good enough.
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread just now
- › HIFIMAN RE300a/ RE300i InLine and RE300h (hifi) Earphone launched!... 3 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 13 seconds ago
- › beyerdynamic a1 amp new 21 seconds ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 31 seconds ago
- › Good headphones for gaming 53 seconds ago
- › Looking for a pair of closed headphones around $120, any suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › Tube cmoy 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)