I can only think of the Centrance Hifi-M8 that might be a good pairing. I've never personally heard the combination however, so I can't vouch for its sound. There aren't many of those on the market.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 1/15/15 at 6:02am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 1/22/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 52
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah, I was afraid it would come to that. ;)
I think I'm going to send the Glacier back and try the M8.
You're welcome. Shame the Glacier didn't fit your needs as I really do like it. Good luck with the M8 though
Hi, I just got the Glacier today, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. I don't hear a difference compared to the Fiio E07K. I have a Fostex TH600. Shouldn't I get a remarkable improvement in sound? Maybe the bass is a tiny bit tighter, but overall... Did I expect too much from a different amp?
My experience with the Glacier is that I noticed just a little bit improve in overall sound. But after a couple weeks get used to the sound, I plugged my headphones directly to the laptop and ipod. It really surprised me about the change. So take your time to get used of the sound sign and get back to the E07K to see what happens. If you want to see a remarkable different in sound, may be you can try a darker amp such as Arrow 3G.
The arrow is practically a wire with gain. It doesn't really add anything to the sound signature of the headphones you're listening to so it takes a while to notice its merits, like midnightwalker said.
Purely based on sound signature, I think X5 and Glacier might complement each other since Glacier is forward sounding meanwhile X5 is warm sounding.
Never heard the combination but might be worth thinking about.
TBH I have tried Apex Glacier with GS4 (headfiers rave good matching combination of Glacier and their GS3) and my ears did not really like since the GS4 SQ is already good enough.
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 13 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 17 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 3 minutes ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › 3D printed closed headphones with HD800 driver 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3