Would the Glacier pair well with IE8? Hoping to get clearer, brighter mids and highs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 12/19/14 at 12:10pm in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/14
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want a slim amp, I recommend an Arrow over the Glacier for that preference. You will get more treble focus and sharpness. If you don't mind amp size, and want to go even further for extreme quality treble, I suggest an iQube.
For analytical IEMs like JH13, I prefer the Glacier though. It has great bass for better synergy - the Glacier's bass is about the same amount as Arrow with Bass boost 1, but a little more deep. So far I like how the Glacier pairs with JH13.
The build quality is very good. I used it for couple months and the printing was fine.
Well guys, pulled the trigger and got myself the Glacier it looks, feels and sounds awesome. Somehow it pairs really well with my ie8 and Chris himself hybrid cables. Mids are much smoother, and highs are noticeably distinct and clearer, not exactly brighter as muzic4life had mentioned. Speaks much about the increase in transparency and imaging. Was listening to a few live orchestral pieces, heard someone in the audience cough and could almost pinpoint his position. All in all, pretty stoked with the new setup
Haha i wld use the dac if i cld but well the usb is kinda erm not so sturdy so the usb for the dac came off, have yet to send it back haha. Nice seeing another SG headfi-er. Just be careful with the usb socket haha XD. I feel IMHO the dac of the CLAS is more detailed (not by leaps and bounds) than the dac of the glacier and the soundstage tends to be more 3d, but one of the biggest differences is that the dac of the CLAS is colder than that of the glacier however, Source -> Dac of glacier -> Glacier amp -> mid centric headphone/ iem, some good vocal music and you be in cloud 9 haha XD. I see u may soon get the IE8, haha very good pair, my first pair of "audiophile" earphones oh ya, sorry for your wallet XD
Edited by iamdacow - 10/27/13 at 5:34am
Glacier at $430 VS Quickstep at $325. Decisions!Edit: after thinking for a while, I'm pulling the trigger on the glacier. I don't really need the power of the quickstep yet and it's also better for my wallet because the glacier has an integrated dac so I don't have to buy one
Edited by BucketInABucket - 11/8/13 at 3:46am
Thanks, enjoying it right now with the HD25 Aluminium, pretty good synergy between the four components
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 7 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 8 seconds ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Amp for Koss ProDJ100 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)