Would the Glacier pair well with IE8? Hoping to get clearer, brighter mids and highs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on Today at 2:05 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 1/22/15
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want a slim amp, I recommend an Arrow over the Glacier for that preference. You will get more treble focus and sharpness. If you don't mind amp size, and want to go even further for extreme quality treble, I suggest an iQube.
For analytical IEMs like JH13, I prefer the Glacier though. It has great bass for better synergy - the Glacier's bass is about the same amount as Arrow with Bass boost 1, but a little more deep. So far I like how the Glacier pairs with JH13.
The build quality is very good. I used it for couple months and the printing was fine.
Well guys, pulled the trigger and got myself the Glacier it looks, feels and sounds awesome. Somehow it pairs really well with my ie8 and Chris himself hybrid cables. Mids are much smoother, and highs are noticeably distinct and clearer, not exactly brighter as muzic4life had mentioned. Speaks much about the increase in transparency and imaging. Was listening to a few live orchestral pieces, heard someone in the audience cough and could almost pinpoint his position. All in all, pretty stoked with the new setup
Haha i wld use the dac if i cld but well the usb is kinda erm not so sturdy so the usb for the dac came off, have yet to send it back haha. Nice seeing another SG headfi-er. Just be careful with the usb socket haha XD. I feel IMHO the dac of the CLAS is more detailed (not by leaps and bounds) than the dac of the glacier and the soundstage tends to be more 3d, but one of the biggest differences is that the dac of the CLAS is colder than that of the glacier however, Source -> Dac of glacier -> Glacier amp -> mid centric headphone/ iem, some good vocal music and you be in cloud 9 haha XD. I see u may soon get the IE8, haha very good pair, my first pair of "audiophile" earphones oh ya, sorry for your wallet XD
Edited by iamdacow - 10/27/13 at 5:34am
Glacier at $430 VS Quickstep at $325. Decisions!Edit: after thinking for a while, I'm pulling the trigger on the glacier. I don't really need the power of the quickstep yet and it's also better for my wallet because the glacier has an integrated dac so I don't have to buy one
Edited by BucketInABucket - 11/8/13 at 3:46am
Looks great bro. Enjoy the combo.
Thanks, enjoying it right now with the HD25 Aluminium, pretty good synergy between the four components
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex TH900 vs Audeze LCD-X 7 seconds ago
- › Dark Voice 339 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 Melbourne Meet (28/04/15) 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2