- 1,231 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Spirit of America
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on Today at 8:32 am in Portable Source Gear
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 35
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read the HTCs have bad OTG support but I do not know anything about this. Please let us know what happens. If I get the Samsung Galaxy S3 does that mean I have to use the USB Audio Recorder Pro app to listen to music via the DAC? Or can I use any application for android? Anyone tried the Samsung Galaxy Nexus?
Edited by andyph666 - 3/27/13 at 1:15am
The s3 doesn't need USB recorder pro for all DAC's I have 3 that work using neutron and power amp, some DAC are a bit buggy though, I believe the nexus 4 has DAC support as well, the best place to find out about DAC that work with android devices is the android phones and USB DAC thread. The older Samsung nexus being based on the s2 has problems with DAC support I believe.
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 3/27/13 at 2:03am
Hopefully this makes things clearer and not worse :s
I've got an Apex Glacier for sale in the amp section if you're interested.
You have the HTC One already (or One X)? I am waiting for that and still wondering if the HTC One supports USB DACs like Glacier or not. Thank you very much for the confirmation.
Do you guys think it is worth upgrading to a Galaxy S3 if I just got the Apex Glacier for my iphone 4s and rockboxed ipod classic? Is the apex DAC much better than the 4s Dac? Would be nice to find a used s3 32 gb and add 64 gb for 96 gb of music. I already think the sound is pretty good from the 4s straight to the JH16s.
Also works with Galaxy Note 2
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Cheap DSD player !!! Any recommendations!! 16 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 21 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 35 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 45 seconds ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 52 seconds ago
- › WTB: HIFIMAN HE-4 and/or HE-500 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › BHSE - tube rolling 1 minute ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2