- 1,120 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Spirit of America
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on Yesterday at 6:56 am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: Yesterday
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 35
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read the HTCs have bad OTG support but I do not know anything about this. Please let us know what happens. If I get the Samsung Galaxy S3 does that mean I have to use the USB Audio Recorder Pro app to listen to music via the DAC? Or can I use any application for android? Anyone tried the Samsung Galaxy Nexus?
Edited by andyph666 - 3/27/13 at 1:15am
The s3 doesn't need USB recorder pro for all DAC's I have 3 that work using neutron and power amp, some DAC are a bit buggy though, I believe the nexus 4 has DAC support as well, the best place to find out about DAC that work with android devices is the android phones and USB DAC thread. The older Samsung nexus being based on the s2 has problems with DAC support I believe.
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 3/27/13 at 2:03am
Hopefully this makes things clearer and not worse :s
I've got an Apex Glacier for sale in the amp section if you're interested.
You have the HTC One already (or One X)? I am waiting for that and still wondering if the HTC One supports USB DACs like Glacier or not. Thank you very much for the confirmation.
Do you guys think it is worth upgrading to a Galaxy S3 if I just got the Apex Glacier for my iphone 4s and rockboxed ipod classic? Is the apex DAC much better than the 4s Dac? Would be nice to find a used s3 32 gb and add 64 gb for 96 gb of music. I already think the sound is pretty good from the 4s straight to the JH16s.
Also works with Galaxy Note 2
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 13 seconds ago
- › IEMs which are balanced AND fun?? / Research method sought 25 seconds ago
- › Recommendations on Fun, Bassy, cool looking IEMs... 45 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Cardas EM5813 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)