- 1,136 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Spirit of America
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 7/30/14 at 6:56am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 35
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read the HTCs have bad OTG support but I do not know anything about this. Please let us know what happens. If I get the Samsung Galaxy S3 does that mean I have to use the USB Audio Recorder Pro app to listen to music via the DAC? Or can I use any application for android? Anyone tried the Samsung Galaxy Nexus?
Edited by andyph666 - 3/27/13 at 1:15am
The s3 doesn't need USB recorder pro for all DAC's I have 3 that work using neutron and power amp, some DAC are a bit buggy though, I believe the nexus 4 has DAC support as well, the best place to find out about DAC that work with android devices is the android phones and USB DAC thread. The older Samsung nexus being based on the s2 has problems with DAC support I believe.
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 3/27/13 at 2:03am
Hopefully this makes things clearer and not worse :s
I've got an Apex Glacier for sale in the amp section if you're interested.
You have the HTC One already (or One X)? I am waiting for that and still wondering if the HTC One supports USB DACs like Glacier or not. Thank you very much for the confirmation.
Do you guys think it is worth upgrading to a Galaxy S3 if I just got the Apex Glacier for my iphone 4s and rockboxed ipod classic? Is the apex DAC much better than the 4s Dac? Would be nice to find a used s3 32 gb and add 64 gb for 96 gb of music. I already think the sound is pretty good from the 4s straight to the JH16s.
Also works with Galaxy Note 2
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Moving away from DT-990(250Ohms) 8 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › I hear no difference. What am I doing wrong? 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 3 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)