I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's got a very good forward yet somewhat warm sound to my ears. I was using my Fiio E17 through usb audio recorder pro before this and it is a big step up from that in terms of overall sound quality & detail.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 1/31/14 at 4:45am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 26post #376 of 7572/7/13 at 3:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 7572/7/13 at 10:30pmpost #378 of 7572/7/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
I really dont understand why the developed doesnt just make it an audio player as well. Theres a market for it.post #379 of 7572/7/13 at 11:57pm
I think he concentrates on making non supported dacs interwork with android, which is clever, I was kinda thinking that he should work with the Neutron dev or at least add mp3 support. There both nice developers and very helpful.
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 2/8/13 at 12:01ampost #380 of 7572/9/13 at 11:31pmQuote:
He is in contact with the Neutron dev, who is actively interested in supporting USB audio via USB Audio Recorder Pro.post #381 of 7572/11/13 at 3:17ampost #382 of 7572/11/13 at 4:18amQuote:
I will make it simple and say, with my JH16 everything is crystal clear and balanced. Bass is there, treble is moderate/tamed and the mids are wonderful...just pure fun.
Details are there and its a forward amp in general, but a fun one.post #383 of 7572/11/13 at 2:36pm
Hey, I'm new to this whole audiophile thing. I'm currently using my Iphone 4s as my source with an EQ (like Equ or Accudio), to give my CIEM a little more "oomph" in the lower frequencies. But now I'm looking to get the CLAS db paired with the glaicer. Can I still use my EQ software with this external DAC and amp?post #384 of 7572/11/13 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by SonicBoom1008
Hey, I'm new to this whole audiophile thing. I'm currently using my Iphone 4s as my source with an EQ (like Equ or Accudio), to give my CIEM a little more "oomph" in the lower frequencies. But now I'm looking to get the CLAS db paired with the glaicer. Can I still use my EQ software with this external DAC and amp?
I can't see why not.post #385 of 7572/11/13 at 7:54pmQuote:
What about the soundstage, is it too forward? Cause the jh16 has been known to lack depth.post #386 of 7572/11/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
Depth?post #387 of 7572/12/13 at 1:48ampost #388 of 7572/12/13 at 1:50ampost #389 of 7572/12/13 at 1:55am
I do apologise for my post not being clear, what i meant was that as a past owner of the jh16, i felt that its soundstage depth was rather poor compared to other CIEMs and it had a pretty foward sound. To put it simply, how does the apex change the soundstage.post #390 of 7572/12/13 at 2:17amQuote:
Well, to be honest in general the Glacier's sound stage is "Spacious enough" , at least to me.
The O2's sound-stage is more "3D", with some songs I prefer it, but with most of the songs the Glacier wins.
It has this ability to give the vocals (women) this "moist" characteristic...hope this helps....
With all my headphones or IEMs , the one that sounded the best with the Glacier is the HD598....I just find myself enjoying it so much , as to be living the music...wish someone would try the combination, and prove me right/wrong.
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Why is there an outstanding difference between flac and 320 mp3s... 6 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 6 minutes ago
- › IEM for riding 9 minutes ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 10 minutes ago
- › I think i'm fighting a losing battle 14 minutes ago
- › Looking for a 2.5mm to 3.5mm Flat Audio Cable 15 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 17 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 19 minutes ago
- › Differences between tube amps and solid-state amps - How do I know... 19 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude