- 6,589 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Beijing, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 1/15/15 at 6:02am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 1/22/15
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Shop address is: Room 1805,18/F, Ho King Commercial Centre, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Really nice guy. His shop is a 50 sq feet room, but he had CIEMs too.
Ah! Jaben is also where I spend most of my audio time in HK (although I bought my IE800 at AV2000). Aura is another good store. I always drop by Kingsound Audio and Mingo too.
Most interesting that you mentioned the Private 335. I am not very interested in balanced armature IEMs anymore - too hard on my ears - but the 335, which I also listened to at Jaben, blew me away. It is like the 334 but with tight controlled bass. Truly impressive.
Edited by cooperpwc - 1/19/13 at 9:02pm
I think you should play it safe and buy them all. This is supposed to be Head-Fi you don't leave anything to chance.
lol if it is any consolation, selling gear via this site has been a huge pleasure for me. so easy and flawless (sofar)
+1. I have found Head-Fi members with good feedback and few years of posting history to be among the most reliable people I have ever come across.
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 24 seconds ago
- › Closed-back equivalents of DT990? 1 minute ago
- › Headphone graphs and the purpose of the square wave. 1 minute ago
- › High resolution music vs mp3. 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Spiral Ears SE5 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 proposed new functionality: add whole folders to playlist;... 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 8 minutes ago
- › Need new headphones 9 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 10 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3