Pulled the trigger on one of these today. Can't wait to see where it fits in with my Intruder, Leckerton UHA.6S-MKII, and HeadAmp Pico.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 1/31/14 at 4:45am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 18
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 7531/7/13 at 3:36amQuote:
Hope you like it, Sound wise, as its really a "piece of ART".
With all its shortcomings (only 1 or 2..) its still one of my favorite amps (and dacs).
Edited by turokrocks - 1/7/13 at 3:37ampost #258 of 7531/7/13 at 4:06amQuote:
What are its shortcomings in your opinion?post #259 of 7531/7/13 at 4:45ampost #260 of 7531/7/13 at 5:18amI ordered the venture raft cable and also found this one http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/micro-to-micro-otg.
Will using the wrong cable cause any issues with either the phone or the glacier? If so I just want to make sure I get the right cable the first time.post #261 of 7531/7/13 at 5:35am
Yep, spot on....that's all.
The size, color , battery life, dac with PC, Dac with My Note2, volume, led color................etc...there are so many good things about this amp, that makes me want to own two!!!
Todd and Pete did their magic on it, and thank God we have them...Thank you Guys, you Rock
The Glacier Sq is so engaging, that you just want to keep on listing, and strangely my forgotten Sen. 598 shines with it, it brought it back from its grave (the drawer).post #262 of 7531/7/13 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Poimandres
I ordered the venture raft cable and also found this one http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/micro-to-micro-otg.
Will using the wrong cable cause any issues with either the phone or the glacier? If so I just want to make sure I get the right cable the first time.
I spent about an hour testing with the Venture raft micro to micro (as it did not work) and some DIYing and soldering, until it worked, so nothing was killed in this procedure.post #263 of 7531/7/13 at 6:33am
Oh okay, Rfi is not a problem since i use an ipod, as for the thud can always turn it on then connect the iems. Now i need the courage to buy the thing, cause being in the UK, it will cost around $650 after tax. :(post #264 of 7531/7/13 at 12:24pmQuote:
What changes were made?post #265 of 7531/7/13 at 6:43pmpost #266 of 7531/7/13 at 9:59pmQuote:
Yes it does, red to the phone , black to the DAC.
Edited by turokrocks - 1/7/13 at 10:01pmpost #267 of 7531/7/13 at 9:59pm
Edited by turokrocks - 1/7/13 at 10:01pmpost #268 of 7531/8/13 at 8:39ampost #269 of 7531/8/13 at 4:52pm
Anyone here have tried the Glaciers with HE-400 or other orthos? At first glance, I really love the sleek model of the Glaciers and from reviews their SQ are top notch. But the problem is the price, since after tax this could reach $600 where I could just buy an HE-500 to complement my HE-400.....post #270 of 7531/8/13 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero
Anyone here have tried the Glaciers with HE-400 or other orthos? At first glance, I really love the sleek model of the Glaciers and from reviews their SQ are top notch. But the problem is the price, since after tax this could reach $600 where I could just buy an HE-500 to complement my HE-400.....
What source are you using? If your source isn't already pretty good not sure it is worth going to the HE500 without improving source first...
Anyways, mine is still shipping to me, so I have no personal experience, but with the gain on this it should have no trouble driving most orthos that aren't the HE-6. The Headphonia review virtually raved about how good the Glacier was with the LCD-2. I should get my Glacier late this week/early next, if nobody else has posted before then I will let you know how it is with my HE-6 and LCD-2.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/8/13 at 5:54pm
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Vsonic are working on two SHURE like IEMs just now
- › GET your love back intercast love marriage specialist... 18 seconds ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › No1 Love Marriage Specialist Molvi ji +91-9166007251 1 minute ago
- › uK>uSa>CaNaDa> BLACK magic specialist babaji+91~9587549251 1 minute ago
- › INTERCAST love marriage specialist babaji Uk>UsA>cAnAdA+91~9587549251 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 + Ipod Classic 7G 160GB 2 minutes ago
- › The शक्तियों Love Marriage Specialist Baba Ji +91-9166007251 2 minutes ago
- › ~~~>INTERCAST love marriage specialist babaji+91~9587549251 2 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude