Pulled the trigger on one of these today. Can't wait to see where it fits in with my Intruder, Leckerton UHA.6S-MKII, and HeadAmp Pico.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on 1/31/14 at 4:45am in Portable Source Gear
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 18
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 7571/7/13 at 3:36amQuote:
Hope you like it, Sound wise, as its really a "piece of ART".
With all its shortcomings (only 1 or 2..) its still one of my favorite amps (and dacs).
Edited by turokrocks - 1/7/13 at 3:37ampost #258 of 7571/7/13 at 4:06amQuote:
What are its shortcomings in your opinion?post #259 of 7571/7/13 at 4:45ampost #260 of 7571/7/13 at 5:18amI ordered the venture raft cable and also found this one http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/micro-to-micro-otg.
Will using the wrong cable cause any issues with either the phone or the glacier? If so I just want to make sure I get the right cable the first time.post #261 of 7571/7/13 at 5:35am
Yep, spot on....that's all.
The size, color , battery life, dac with PC, Dac with My Note2, volume, led color................etc...there are so many good things about this amp, that makes me want to own two!!!
Todd and Pete did their magic on it, and thank God we have them...Thank you Guys, you Rock
The Glacier Sq is so engaging, that you just want to keep on listing, and strangely my forgotten Sen. 598 shines with it, it brought it back from its grave (the drawer).post #262 of 7571/7/13 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Poimandres
I ordered the venture raft cable and also found this one http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/micro-to-micro-otg.
Will using the wrong cable cause any issues with either the phone or the glacier? If so I just want to make sure I get the right cable the first time.
I spent about an hour testing with the Venture raft micro to micro (as it did not work) and some DIYing and soldering, until it worked, so nothing was killed in this procedure.post #263 of 7571/7/13 at 6:33am
Oh okay, Rfi is not a problem since i use an ipod, as for the thud can always turn it on then connect the iems. Now i need the courage to buy the thing, cause being in the UK, it will cost around $650 after tax. :(post #264 of 7571/7/13 at 12:24pmQuote:
What changes were made?post #265 of 7571/7/13 at 6:43pmpost #266 of 7571/7/13 at 9:59pmQuote:
Yes it does, red to the phone , black to the DAC.
Edited by turokrocks - 1/7/13 at 10:01pmpost #267 of 7571/7/13 at 9:59pm
Edited by turokrocks - 1/7/13 at 10:01pmpost #268 of 7571/8/13 at 8:39ampost #269 of 7571/8/13 at 4:52pm
Anyone here have tried the Glaciers with HE-400 or other orthos? At first glance, I really love the sleek model of the Glaciers and from reviews their SQ are top notch. But the problem is the price, since after tax this could reach $600 where I could just buy an HE-500 to complement my HE-400.....post #270 of 7571/8/13 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero
Anyone here have tried the Glaciers with HE-400 or other orthos? At first glance, I really love the sleek model of the Glaciers and from reviews their SQ are top notch. But the problem is the price, since after tax this could reach $600 where I could just buy an HE-500 to complement my HE-400.....
What source are you using? If your source isn't already pretty good not sure it is worth going to the HE500 without improving source first...
Anyways, mine is still shipping to me, so I have no personal experience, but with the gain on this it should have no trouble driving most orthos that aren't the HE-6. The Headphonia review virtually raved about how good the Glacier was with the LCD-2. I should get my Glacier late this week/early next, if nobody else has posted before then I will let you know how it is with my HE-6 and LCD-2.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/8/13 at 5:54pm
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 second ago
- › Narmoo! What is that? NEW iem from New company the RIM. 22 seconds ago
- › Enter to win a Bowie-Inspired MOMENTUM Headphone from Sennheiser... 30 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 59 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude