Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and... - Page 67

post #991 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post

 

I don't agree with this at all.  I think that the AD900x's are darker and the Q701's are brighter.  IMO, there is a freq tilt to both.  The Q701's have less low end but are brighter and more detailed.  The AD900x's have more low end, but are darker on top.  Not the same at all.

 

Nitpicking over details indeed... Have no fear, objective measurements are here!

 

graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=3061&graphID[]=703

post #992 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenswall View Post

 

Nitpicking over details indeed... Have no fear, objective measurements are here!

 

 

 

...old AD900 and old K701 ≠ new AD900x and Q701.

post #993 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

Wait, what?...

 

The AD900x are warmer and bassier than the Q701? confused.gif

 

I found that hard to believe, having owned the old AD900 (and AD700) and Q701.  The AD900x would have to be significantly different from it's predecessor to pull that off...

 

O_0

 

I had the AD700.  I still have the AD900, Q701, and now the AD900x.  I think that the AD900x is significantly different than the AD900.


Edited by Kevin Brown - 4/19/13 at 3:21pm
post #994 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunemi View Post

How are the ath-ad900x for competitive fps gaming? Is the positional accuracy great? smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunemi View Post

One more question! :P Are the ath-ad900x better than the ath-ad700 when it comes to "soundwhoring"? smily_headphones1.gif

There is nothing better than the AD700 for competitive gaming, period.
post #995 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post

I think that the AD900x is significantly different than the AD900.

 

Great, thanks for your opinion.

post #996 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunemi View Post

How are the ath-ad900x for competitive fps gaming? Is the positional accuracy great? :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunemi View Post

One more question! :P Are the ath-ad900x better than the ath-ad700 when it comes to "soundwhoring"? :)


I currently have the AD700 and AD900x and I can tell you with certainty - that for positional accuracy and "sound-whoring" in FPS games - the AD700 wins.  The AD900x has several attributes that are much better than the AD700 - bass being one of them.  However, I am rather disappointed in the AD900x when it comes to discerning a direction of a sound.  It is a bit too echoy and makes it harder to sound-whore. 

post #997 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Povell42 View Post

I currently have the AD700 and AD900x and I can tell you with certainty - that for positional accuracy and "sound-whoring" in FPS games - the AD700 wins.  The AD900x has several attributes that are much better than the AD700 - bass being one of them.  However, I am rather disappointed in the AD900x when it comes to discerning a direction of a sound.  It is a bit too echoy and makes it harder to sound-whore. 

 

Please explain "sound-whoring" for me. Scratch that - plenty of info on google, so it is actually something lol!

post #998 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Please explain "sound-whoring" for me. Scratch that - plenty of info on google, so it is actually something lol!

 

was about to ask it myself, then googled it. very necessary for gamers, even if they dont camp.

post #999 of 1751

Anyone has any impressions on the AD1000X and/or AD2000X?

post #1000 of 1751

Hello guys! New to headphones here, so I would need some opinions on the AD500x/AD700x, so i've been doing a little bit of research and heard that the AD700 is really good for gaming instead of all those "Gaming Headphones". I did not like the colour scheme for the AD700 but I find the new AD500x/700x/900x really appealing.

How does the new AD700x compare to the old AD700 for gaming?

Is the AD500x and AD700x really very different in terms of sound quality?

 

I'm looking into getting new headphones now but the AD900x is too pricey for me. I'm hoping to get more information on the AD500x/700x on whether it's worth the price difference and how does it compare to the older AD500/700.

Please help, THANKS GUYS! :)

post #1001 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenji458 View Post

Anyone has any impressions on the AD1000X and/or AD2000X?

AD2000X is nicely detailed, with good soundstage and separation. It has that in/famous AT coloration, I think it emphasises the mids, upper bass and lower treble in a way that stops them from sounding completely natural, but it is only a very minor issue in these, unlike the lower-end ATs. But for me it definitely has the same genes as the ES-7, ESW9 etc. That places it in the middle of the spectrum for me, maybe a tad warm. Based on limited experience I would put it on par with the HD650 and a bit a ahead of the K701s but it is definitely in the same range as those two in terms of technical ability. But obviously sounds quite different to both, it's hard to describe that difference because IMO it is very subjective. It is less smooth and natural than those two, but with no less detail or space. 

post #1002 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

I am really quite loving the AD1000X. Been listening to it for music and playing Heart of the Swarm :3

 

The sound is smooth and punchy, with what sounds like a slight emphasis in the upper vocal / lower treble range that gives everything a bit of punch, combined with the deep dig of the AD900X's bass - maybe moreso. I need to do a comparison with the AD900X and AD2000X badly :P

 

How do the AD1000X compare to the AD900X in lows, mids, highs, imaging, separation and soundstage?


a-recording, how do the AD1000X compare to the AD900X in lows, mids, highs, imaging, separation and soundstage?

post #1003 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post

AD2000X is nicely detailed, with good soundstage and separation. It has that in/famous AT coloration, I think it emphasises the mids, upper bass and lower treble in a way that stops them from sounding completely natural, but it is only a very minor issue in these, unlike the lower-end ATs.

 

This is actually quite similar to how I would describe the AD1000X!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

a-recording, how do the AD1000X compare to the AD900X in lows, mids, highs, imaging, separation and soundstage?

 

I on't have both to do a direct comparison anymore. I can say that I definitely like the AD1000X more and it has better separation and imaging, but it is voiced quite differently - more mid coloration.

post #1004 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

a-recording, how do the AD1000X compare to the AD900X in lows, mids, highs, imaging, separation and soundstage?

 

I on't have both to do a direct comparison anymore. I can say that I definitely like the AD1000X more and it has better separation and imaging, but it is voiced quite differently - more mid coloration.

 

Thank you.

 

You can do better than that.  You have an experienced mind that will do well going by memory and great ears to give a more detailed answer.  Take this as a compliment, that is obviously, also a demand.  You have already mentioned imaging and separation.  Now, please tell us about the bass, mids, treble, soundstage and overall sound experience.


Edited by Alberto01 - 4/24/13 at 10:36pm
post #1005 of 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

Thank you.

 

You can do better than that.  You have an experienced mind will do well going by memory and great ears to give a more detailed answer.  Take this as a compliment, that is obviously also a demand.  You have already mentioned imaging and separation.  Now tell us about the bass, mids, treble, soundstage and overall sound experience.

 

You'r a b@ll buster Alberto01! Lol!

 

Also wondering if they are worth twice the price of the ad900x's. I suppose that's a subjective thing (and also one must take into account the law of diminishing audiophile returns etc). I'm just glad that I haven't heard the 1000's or the 2000's, because I'm still pretty stoked with how great the 900's are (even though yeah, I can appreciate that the imaging may not be perfect).


Edited by waynes world - 4/23/13 at 7:41pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x