Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and... - Page 38

post #556 of 1856

Seriously, please stop posting in this thread because you make me want to buy the AD900X right away  for my birthday.

 

JJ


Edited by JakeJack_2008 - 2/24/13 at 6:16pm
post #557 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJack_2008 View Post

Seriously, please stop posting in this thread because you make me want to buy the AD900X right away  for my birthday.

 

JJ

 

This might not help. I can't believe how much I love the ad900x's smile.gif

post #558 of 1856

Well... trigger pulled!

 

I chose the closed cans - A900X. This will be my first venture into higher quality headphones. Should be fun.

Thanks to Mani ATH 87 and Dsnuts for the great comparo back on page 23.

Thanks also to MalVeauX for his input.

 

I like the idea of being able to shut out the world of noise with the headphones as opposed to having it filter in through open headphones. The extra bass discussed will be nice too!

 

Ordered off Amazon.co.jp for 14360 yen and using Tenso for the 1st time. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get to Oz...

post #559 of 1856

I feel I must further update my impressions of the AD2000X.  I'm not sure if it's the headband adjustment, more burn in, or just getting used to the signature but this headphone is beginning to immensely impress me.  This is simply the most impressive headphone I've owned in portraying a sense of rhythm and drive in music, and simply the best I've heard modern rock in my system.  

 

If you like bands such as Five Finger Death Punch and Godsmack, this is your headphone.  The level of articulation with quick guitar licks and tight, powerful, and punchy drums is just ridiculous.  It's nothing close to neutral but quite addicting nonetheless.  Mids are still very forward and upper mids a bit aggressive at times but it's balanced out nicely from when I first got them.

 

I've never heard the original AD2000 so I can't compare but I've seen similar descriptions before.  Of course it's also good with other genres like EDM, some acoustic stuff, and I even enjoy them with a lot of hip hop due to the articulation and clearly defined vocals.  Going by memory, I think I could put this in the same class as the Beyer T1, though to be fair I think the Beyer is overpriced new.  I am also working on buying an HD800 in the next 2 weeks or so to compliment the AD2000X.

 

Bottom line, If you want to pick apart your music and analyze all it's properties, buy another headphone.   These are designed to pull you into the music and take you for a wild ride smily_headphones1.gif  Of course all this is IMO, YMMV, etc.

post #560 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEar View Post

Well... trigger pulled!

 

I chose the closed cans - A900X. This will be my first venture into higher quality headphones. Should be fun.

Thanks to Mani ATH 87 and Dsnuts for the great comparo back on page 23.

Thanks also to MalVeauX for his input.

 

I like the idea of being able to shut out the world of noise with the headphones as opposed to having it filter in through open headphones. The extra bass discussed will be nice too!

 

Ordered off Amazon.co.jp for 14360 yen and using Tenso for the 1st time. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get to Oz...

Well, the AD900X for me. I prefer the open  sound. Waiting for the prices to drop a bit.

 

By the way,  page 23 in this thread  is very interesting indeed.


Edited by JakeJack_2008 - 2/26/13 at 10:16am
post #561 of 1856

.

post #562 of 1856
Not sure if this has answered already but if I were to order a pair AD900X's from Japan and they didn't work, do I have warranty and if I did would I have to send them back to Japan?
post #563 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGREASE View Post

Not sure if this has answered already but if I were to order a pair AD900X's from Japan and they didn't work, do I have warranty and if I did would I have to send them back to Japan?

Why do you need to order form Japan and pay more? Can't you wait? Are you in the USA?

 

 

 

P.S.

 

Well, I will not order anything from Japan.

For instance, I've found  a Japanese seller (ships from Japan).

....

Seller Rating:

Just launched

 

I would never trust such a seller.


Edited by JakeJack_2008 - 2/26/13 at 4:17pm
post #564 of 1856

Pretty sure the AD900x is already released in North America.

post #565 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGREASE View Post

Not sure if this has answered already but if I were to order a pair AD900X's from Japan and they didn't work, do I have warranty and if I did would I have to send them back to Japan?

 

I posted earlier that I confirmed with AT-US that if you buy a Japanese pair of AD900X's, the warranty is only valid for Japan...Sooo, you'll need to ship them back to Japan or pay for the repairs yourself.

 

(AD900X is already available in select places in the US, though admittedly, the price is significantly cheaper still to buy/forward from Japan)

post #566 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGREASE View Post

Not sure if this has answered already but if I were to order a pair AD900X's from Japan and they didn't work, do I have warranty and if I did would I have to send them back to Japan?

Well, What PriceJapan told me is that as long as you keep the warranty card that comes with the original packaging you can ship them back for warranty service.  Japan does not have the typical warranty registration system but relies solely on the warranty card.

post #567 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post

I feel I must further update my impressions of the AD2000X.  I'm not sure if it's the headband adjustment, more burn in, or just getting used to the signature but this headphone is beginning to immensely impress me.  This is simply the most impressive headphone I've owned in portraying a sense of rhythm and drive in music, and simply the best I've heard modern rock in my system.  

 

If you like bands such as Five Finger Death Punch and Godsmack, this is your headphone.  The level of articulation with quick guitar licks and tight, powerful, and punchy drums is just ridiculous.  It's nothing close to neutral but quite addicting nonetheless.  Mids are still very forward and upper mids a bit aggressive at times but it's balanced out nicely from when I first got them.

 

I've never heard the original AD2000 so I can't compare but I've seen similar descriptions before.  Of course it's also good with other genres like EDM, some acoustic stuff, and I even enjoy them with a lot of hip hop due to the articulation and clearly defined vocals.  Going by memory, I think I could put this in the same class as the Beyer T1, though to be fair I think the Beyer is overpriced new.  I am also working on buying an HD800 in the next 2 weeks or so to compliment the AD2000X.

 

Bottom line, If you want to pick apart your music and analyze all it's properties, buy another headphone.   These are designed to pull you into the music and take you for a wild ride smily_headphones1.gif  Of course all this is IMO, YMMV, etc.

 

My old AD2000's did have a similar sound, but very much bass light. Would you say the AD2000x have enough bass for dance/electronic club music? I never thought the AD2000's did. Granted, excellent rock can (including all versions - punk, metal, classic, and indie-rock, etc.).

post #568 of 1856
Yes I live in the US. But how do you know that the AD900Xs are going to be cheaper than Japan?
post #569 of 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

 

My old AD2000's did have a similar sound, but very much bass light. Would you say the AD2000x have enough bass for dance/electronic club music? I never thought the AD2000's did. Granted, excellent rock can (including all versions - punk, metal, classic, and indie-rock, etc.).

They could probably use a touch more bass quantity but what's there is very tight and punchy.  They do respond well to eq but too much bass eq seems to cause the midrange to lose some presence.  The bass also varies with the track, on some the bass is more present than others, unlike some headphones that are just bassy no matter what.  I do still enjoy dance/electronic with them due to their perceived speed and articulation, though my K702 65th has more bass quantity and better space for stuff with ambient/spatial effects.

post #570 of 1856

I've tried ordering the AD900x from amazon.co.jp but my credit card is getting declined. I've used the tenso address as the shipping address and my credit card address as the billing address. Am I doing something wrong or is it my financial institution that's declining it?
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x