Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and... - Page 110

post #1636 of 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper View Post
 

 

Ha - so you're the one that likes that purple color...  I found some AD700 from an Australian vendor on eBay for $133 US but shipping is about $30.  The AD700X are $140 shipped on Amazon so I'll need to think it over.  I have to also admit I'm also really interested in the Q701 from AKG at $200 on Amazon, they offer more usability than the AD700/X while still being great for FPS's....


At $200 why not get the MA900?

 

More comfortable than Q701

More genre bandwidth than Q701

 

Still a great gaming option, but I could not give an accurate comparison between AD700 and MA900 for competitive FPS.  I think the AD700 are good value but they certainly aren't for just anyone.  You need to have a treble polite source or your ears will feel hell :veryevil:

post #1637 of 1858

So I've decided to sell my AD2000X if anyone is interested in buying one. Info is in my sig.

post #1638 of 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarise View Post
 

So I've decided to sell my AD2000X if anyone is interested in buying one. Info is in my sig.

What is making you sell your AD2000x?  :(

post #1639 of 1858

Three reasons: 1) I'm not at home enough to really put them to good use. 2) I've been craving a bit more bass lately. 3) I need some funds for upgrading other gear.

 

I'll be sad to see them go as I've really enjoyed them but I think someone else with ample time to spend listening to their home rig will enjoy them even more.

post #1640 of 1858
Thread Starter 

After all my AD2000x is for sale aswell. While i like the idea of a mid centric headphone I noticed that i need something with more bass to make it easier switching between my speakers and headphones without long adjusting times. For the EU members out there it's in the sale forum at a bargain price (329€)


Edited by bizkid - 1/27/14 at 11:39pm
post #1641 of 1858

I bit the bullet and ordered some A2000X pads to try on the AD2000X.  Will let you know how it turns out once I get them.

post #1642 of 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarise View Post
 

Three reasons: 1) I'm not at home enough to really put them to good use. 2) I've been craving a bit more bass lately. 3) I need some funds for upgrading other gear.

 

I'll be sad to see them go as I've really enjoyed them but I think someone else with ample time to spend listening to their home rig will enjoy them even more.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkid View Post
 

After all my AD2000x is for sale aswell. While i like the idea of a mid centric headphone I noticed that i need something with more bass to make it easier switching between my speakers and headphones without long adjusting times. For the EU members out there it's in the sale forum at a bargain price (329€)

 

 

Interesting...  One of the reasons I got rid of the AD900x.....  (Keyword Bass :o)

post #1643 of 1858

Wrote up a review of the AD2KX here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-air-dinamic-headphone-ath-ad2000x-japan-import/reviews/10373

 

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here (not via the comments please, it's trickier to respond in that system).

post #1644 of 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
 

Wrote up a review of the AD2KX here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-air-dinamic-headphone-ath-ad2000x-japan-import/reviews/10373

 

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here (not via the comments please, it's trickier to respond in that system).

Great impressions. I've been wanting to get a pair of these in my hand for quite some time. Even moreso now since I've basically destroyed my beloved AD700. I may still try and acquire them through Tenso soon. Might be the next thing I check out after I have a little bit of time with the W1000X that I just ordered.

post #1645 of 1858
Just put the A2000X pads on the AD2000X. First impression is that the original pads feel more comfy for me. The A2K pads are stiffer than I thought, the opening is small so my ears do touch the pleather. They don't feel great, kind of cheap feeling actually. Not what I would expect for $50. The Denon D2000 pads feel much nicer in my opinion.

There wasn't a drastic difference in sound that I noticed right away but I did not spend too much time listening yet.
Edited by bassboysam - 2/7/14 at 11:03am
post #1646 of 1858
If the sound isn't noticeably different right now and the original pads are much more comfy, then why put the A2kx pads on?

I think I have Denon D2k pads on my AD2000 and they're very nice. Good material, angled, and, from what I've read, only slight sound change. I wouldn't know firsthand about the changes because I got them used and elected to not try to put the original stock pads in lol...
post #1647 of 1858
I want to give these pads a chance first. I didn't realize the D2K pads would fit. I may try those as well.
post #1648 of 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngwn View Post

If the sound isn't noticeably different right now and the original pads are much more comfy, then why put the A2kx pads on?

I think I have Denon D2k pads on my AD2000 and they're very nice. Good material, angled, and, from what I've read, only slight sound change. I wouldn't know firsthand about the changes because I got them used and elected to not try to put the original stock pads in lol...

 

But the pads block out the ad2k's driver for 30%. It does make my ad2k sounds brighter which is not my taste.

post #1649 of 1858

anyone can compare AD900x and HE-300?

post #1650 of 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic2911 View Post
 

anyone can compare AD900x and HE-300?

Yes. I have both. The AD900x is more open and doesn't feel compact compared to the HE-300. The HE-300 sounds compressed and has a lot more bass than what the AD900x has to offer. I like using the AD900x for gaming and vocal songs for EDM, pop and such. HE-300 for mainly hip-hop and some EDM. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x