Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and... - Page 70

post #1036 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by as.we.proceed View Post

So everyone's getting off the AD900x train and onto the MA900.

 

Nope.

post #1037 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View PostNope.

Why not?frown.gif

post #1038 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post

Why not?frown.gif

 

Well, because I really enjoy my ad900x's. I love the SQ, especially when paired with the Fiio E12 (v1)'s bass boost. And they are very comfortable. Basically, I am not feeling any urge to jump off the ad900x bandwagon. And for the price they can be gotten for now, they are a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

 

I have read that the imaging is maybe not as good as with other headphones, and I can understand that. But it is plenty good enough for me. If they were going to be my only headphones, then maybe I would be obsessing about it more. But I am very happy with the ATH trifecta that I have going on - ad900x for open air goodness, ws99 for bass goodness, and CKS1000's for in ear goodness smile.gif

post #1039 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Well, because I really enjoy my ad900x's. I love the SQ, especially when paired with the Fiio E12 (v1)'s bass boost. And they are very comfortable. Basically, I am not feeling any urge to jump off the ad900x bandwagon. And for the price they can be gotten for now, they are a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

 

I have read that the imaging is maybe not as good as with other headphones, and I can understand that. But it is plenty good enough for me. If they were going to be my only headphones, then maybe I would be obsessing about it more. But I am very happy with the ATH trifecta that I have going on - ad900x for open air goodness, ws99 for bass goodness, and CKS1000's for in ear goodness smile.gif

But aren't you even remotely curious about the MDR-MA900? If so, you might as well take a leap of faith..

 

You know what they say: You Only Listen Once.

post #1040 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post

But aren't you even remotely curious about the MDR-MA900? If so, you might as well take a leap of faith..

 

You know what they say: You Only Listen Once.


Yup, of course I am interested - what kind of a true head-fi addict wouldn't be lol? Just like I'm interested in the AD1 or 2K's, the T-PEOS H-200, the JVC SZ2000, the Fiio X3 etc etc etc!

 

I haven't been in this audio-addiction game for too long (less than a year), and it has been a fun, but also somewhat stressful experience - always buying something and then immediately wanting something else that might be just a bit better. If I had unlimited bucks, it wouldn't matter and I'd just keep buying the next great thing. But sadly, that ain't the case.

 

But I am happy to finally have three items that whenever I put either one of them on, just result in a big smile on my face, and make me feel very content and satisfied. The combined cost of them was around $550, and I get such diverse yet amazing sound. Very cool.

 

So yes, I am curious about the MA900's, but at the moment I am very happy with what I have, so the leap will not be made. I just pray that this satisfaction of mine holds up for at least a little while lol!


Edited by waynes world - 4/28/13 at 6:45pm
post #1041 of 1747

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post


Ok ok. I get it now. You don't believe in burn-in and instead want to pretend it's just in people's heads. Let's not start that futile debate.

No not at all, lol.  I've had a couple of headphones that actually sounded very different than when I first purchased them, the HM5 for example.  For all I know maybe my AD900X was used, to my knowledge I bought them new and have had plenty of listening time on them.

 

There might be very subtle differences but they sound very much the same to me, whether or not there is Burn-in or Brain-in factor is insignificant.  What really matters is if you're liking the sound that comes out of your headphones.

 

Maybe I was not clear enough the first time around, apologies if I upset you lol.  The Brain/Burn - in stuff isn't Religion to me, so I will not be quarreling over it biggrin.gif

 

 

 

On a more constructive note, from observations I noticed the AD900X pairs well with a lot of sources I've tried.  It however sounds cold, and a bit dull with my Xonar DG card.  The vocals are forward and sound detailed, however the highs like to dip into the upper mids.  It kind of kills the "airy-ness" sound I get on (wait for it......) ONBOARD!

 

I think I might be experiencing a similar issue as Yanoflies was with my Xonar DG as the source.

post #1042 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

Maybe I was not clear enough the first time around, apologies if I upset you lol.  The Brain/Burn - in stuff isn't Religion to me, so I will not be quarreling over it biggrin.gif

 

If that's your picture in your avatar, then you have a good smile, so don't worry about it lol.

 

Quote:

 

 

On a more constructive note, from observations I noticed the AD900X pairs well with a lot of sources I've tried.  It however sounds cold, and a bit dull with my Xonar DG card.  The vocals are forward and sound detailed, however the highs like to dip into the upper mids.  It kind of kills the "airy-ness" sound I get on (wait for it......) ONBOARD!

 

I think I might be experiencing a similar issue as Yanoflies was with my Xonar DG as the source.

 

Yup. This is working very well me: laptop + ELE DAC ($20!) + Fiio E12(v1) + AD900X. Or Sansa Clip Zip + E12(v1) + AD900X. But, not so good if I use the C&C BH instead of the E12 (although the C&C work better for my WS99 closed headphones). So the source and/or amps are very important for sure.

post #1043 of 1747
Alright, took the next steps needed to get an AD1000X into my hands. Set up a Tenso account and grab a low risk item (Koss Portapro) to test the experience before grabbing the high risk items. Hope it all works. Have heard good things about Tenso. I'm more worried about any errors I made.
post #1044 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

Alright, took the next steps needed to get an AD1000X into my hands. Set up a Tenso account and grab a low risk item (Koss Portapro) to test the experience before grabbing the high risk items. Hope it all works. Have heard good things about Tenso. I'm more worried about any errors I made.

 

Everybody is worried about the errors - you'll be fine lol. Also, smooth move with the Portapro's. Slap then on the ksc75 ear clips and you'll be set! :)

post #1045 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

Alright, took the next steps needed to get an AD1000X into my hands. Set up a Tenso account and grab a low risk item (Koss Portapro) to test the experience before grabbing the high risk items. Hope it all works. Have heard good things about Tenso. I'm more worried about any errors I made.

Would you like me to screenshot my address settings?

Before you order anything you are required to send tenso identification, a new Japanese regulation afaik.
post #1046 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

Would you like me to screenshot my address settings?

Before you order anything you are required to send tenso identification, a new Japanese regulation afaik.

That would actually be amazing if you could. And yes, you have to verify your identification with them before anything, which I did. I thought that was strange.
post #1047 of 1747

I went straight for the AD2000X as my first Tenso experience. Note that once they get from amazon, the email you and you have to pay the fee before they release them. The email they sent me was dated weirdly and appeared back in my email box and I missed it for a few days. I had no problems with the addressing despite not really knowing what I was doing. I sent the address as listed in the amazon confirmation email to the Tenso email support and they confirmed that it was all good. Had I have seen the email when it first arrived the whole process from Japan to Sydney would have taken a week.

post #1048 of 1747

-whops-

post #1049 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

That would actually be amazing if you could. And yes, you have to verify your identification with them before anything, which I did. I thought that was strange.

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/ejimmyjj/media/Forum Uploads/browser_2013-29-04_070200.png.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/ejimmyjj/media/Forum%20Uploads/browser_2013-29-04_070200.png.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1367234823915022621538839302957

Having difficulties with the forum upload dialog.. There should be a link on the site that's says "in English", much easier for me personally lol

Edit: Changed link.
Edited by Yazen - 4/29/13 at 4:28am
post #1050 of 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post

I went straight for the AD2000X as my first Tenso experience. Note that once they get from amazon, the email you and you have to pay the fee before they release them. The email they sent me was dated weirdly and appeared back in my email box and I missed it for a few days. I had no problems with the addressing despite not really knowing what I was doing. I sent the address as listed in the amazon confirmation email to the Tenso email support and they confirmed that it was all good. Had I have seen the email when it first arrived the whole process from Japan to Sydney would have taken a week.

 

I am tempted to go straight for the AD2000X. Am kinda waiting on a_recording's awesome video reviews (hint hint) before I pick which one to go with. At a minimum, I will be going with the AD1000X.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post


http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/ejimmyjj/media/Forum Uploads/browser_2013-29-04_070200.png.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/ejimmyjj/media/Forum%20Uploads/browser_2013-29-04_070200.png.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1367234823915022621538839302957

Having difficulties with the forum upload dialog.. There should be a link on the site that's says "in English", much easier for me personally lol

Edit: Changed link.

 

Thanks. This helped. I think I did it right.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x