Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product - Page 8

post #106 of 587
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I've search hard to find an amp which uses muses01 opamp. I think the ideal thing is to find an amp which has a matching opamp with the your DD Socekt 1. I think once the analog signals enters the amp it will greatly alter it, you will not be able to hear it for what it is.

 

For example something like DD socket 1+OPA 627 will go perfectly with the portaphile. 

 

Very few makers use Muses01. They're not cheap. If I'm not mistaken they're approx $40/DIP and 2 is needed for the DD's.

 

The new DD options have the metal cap OPA627 which are even ridiculously more expensive. Something like $150-200 per metal cap?

post #107 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Very few makers use Muses01. They're not cheap. If I'm not mistaken they're approx $40/DIP and 2 is needed for the DD's.

 

The new DD options have the metal cap OPA627 which are even ridiculously more expensive. Something like $150-200 per metal cap?

I should have ordered the OPA627, they are selling it for the same price as the MUSES01. 

post #108 of 587
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I should have ordered the OPA627, they are selling it for the same price as the MUSES01. 

 

Oh no, the standard OPA627 DIPs are not expensive. It's the metal capped ones that are expensive. So the one on Amazon is the standard DIP version of the OPA627. The metal caps are apparently "military grade" and supposedly consistent/accurate, etc. There's actually 3 grades of the OPA627. The DIP are the standard consumer type (black rectangular Dual In-line Package). The next level is...I don't know...I forgot what's in the PDF.

 

The metal cap apparently highly tested and hand selected (as such the cost). Photos of the metal cap is  what I posted back on page 3. It's round rather than the standard black DIP rectangular chip.

post #109 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Oh no, the standard OPA627 DIPs are not expensive. It's the metal capped ones that are expensive. So the one on Amazon is the standard DIP version of the OPA627. The metal caps are apparently "military grade" and supposedly consistent/accurate, etc. There's actually 3 grades of the OPA627. The DIP are the standard consumer type (black rectangular Dual In-line Package). The next level is...I don't know...I forgot what's in the PDF.

 

The metal cap apparently highly tested and hand selected (as such the cost). Photos of the metal cap is  what I posted back on page 3. It's round rather than the standard black DIP rectangular chip.

Sorry should have been more specific. The DD socket 1 with OPA 627 is sold the same price as the one with MUSES01 and 02. It seems like OPA627 version is better value for your money considering the prices of the steal cap OPA 627.

post #110 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Sorry should have been more specific. The DD socket 1 with OPA 627 is sold the same price as the one with MUSES01 and 02. It seems like OPA627 version is better value for your money considering the prices of the steal cap OPA 627.

 

I think that DD socket 1 with OPA 627 use standard OPA627 chip. The one that AnakChan mention is the prototype unit that they show them at the exhibition. Those metal cap version is so large that they can't put the cover back on. 

 

In term of value, MUSES01/02 versions are better since it's all the same price but MUSES chip is more expensive than regular 627.


Edited by mtthefirst - 3/19/13 at 9:40pm
post #111 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

 

I think that DD socket 1 with OPA 627 use standard OPA627 chip. The one that AnakChan mention is the prototype unit that they show them at the exhibition. Those metal cap version is so large that they can't put the cover back on. 

 

In term of value, MUSES01/02 versions are better since it's all the same price but MUSES chip is more expensive than regular 627.

Based on what he said I assumed they are using it already "new DD options have the metal cap OPA627"

So it is still a prototype, I see thanks. I am planning to place an order for the protaphile, hopefully it pairs nicely with muses01.

post #112 of 587
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

 

I think that DD socket 1 with OPA 627 use standard OPA627 chip. The one that AnakChan mention is the prototype unit that they show them at the exhibition. Those metal cap version is so large that they can't put the cover back on. 

 

In term of value, MUSES01/02 versions are better since it's all the same price but MUSES chip is more expensive than regular 627.

 

Oh, they solve that problem earlier this month :D. More to come soon.

post #113 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Oh, they solve that problem earlier this month :D. More to come soon.

 I assume that DD socket 1 with metal cap OPA627 will be more expensive than the standard version right?

post #114 of 587

Considering they are both OPA627 would they sound different? 

post #115 of 587

Subscribed and hoping for a PHA-1 / CLAS / GO-DAP Socket shootout.

post #116 of 587
Sup guys! So I ordered an pair of opa627 op amps and they kept grounding out and making loud high pitch noise, so I ended up ordering a pair of muses01 from amazon. Came in really quick. It was plug n play. no other upgrading to change the op amp.The bass improved a LOT from the base model op amp. I also picked up an alo rx mk2 amp, and I'm very pleased with the new setup. I'm new to the audiophile hobby and already my gear collection is starting to grow. My next purchases will probably be the algorhythm solo -db, rx mk3 and an hd800...my goodness this hobby is dangerous to the wallet...[IMG]
post #117 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonem View Post

Sup guys! So I ordered an pair of opa627 op amps and they kept grounding out and making loud high pitch noise, so I ended up ordering a pair of muses01 from amazon. Came in really quick. It was plug n play. no other upgrading to change the op amp.The bass improved a LOT from the base model op amp. I also picked up an alo rx mk2 amp, and I'm very pleased with the new setup. I'm new to the audiophile hobby and already my gear collection is starting to grow. My next purchases will probably be the algorhythm solo -db, rx mk3 and an hd800...my goodness this hobby is dangerous to the wallet...[IMG]


This will basically be my setup as well. How does it sound? I ordered the DD with MUSES 02 op amp, but the how is it with the MUSES 01?

post #118 of 587

I finally got everything back. My Fitear MH335DW is back from Fitear. The replacement of ALO "The National" is here after DOA. DD socket 1 + National sound great with my 335. Comparing with my Go-Dap X, bass is even more control. Mid seem to be warmer and less aggressive. The only thing that I don't like is that the background is not as black as Go-Dap X. The hissing is clearly there (all ALO amps that I try have this issue).

 

 

I didn't take out Go-Dap X because it stick to my ipod touch by adhesive. I don't mind it since this rig won't be my portable rig but my transportable. Paring it with my MH335DW, I only need to turn the volume up to about 8 o'clock for my regular listening level.

post #119 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

I finally got everything back. My Fitear MH335DW is back from Fitear. The replacement of ALO "The National" is here after DOA. DD socket 1 + National sound great with my 335. Comparing with my Go-Dap X, bass is even more control. Mid seem to be warmer and less aggressive. The only thing that I don't like is that the background is not as black as Go-Dap X. The hissing is clearly there (all ALO amps that I try have this issue).

 

 

I didn't take out Go-Dap X because it stick to my ipod touch by adhesive. I don't mind it since this rig won't be my portable rig but my transportable. Paring it with my MH335DW, I only need to turn the volume up to about 8 o'clock for my regular listening level.


I'm not sure if you have heard the ALO Rx Mk II, but with all the IEMs I have tried with it, the background is completely black. I'm very happy with the performance of it, and actually prefer it to the Rx Mk III for IEMs and CIEMs.

post #120 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post


I'm not sure if you have heard the ALO Rx Mk II, but with all the IEMs I have tried with it, the background is completely black. I'm very happy with the performance of it, and actually prefer it to the Rx Mk III for IEMs and CIEMs.

Yes, I spend about 4 hours listen to different amps at the store in Tokyo before I decide to get the national. Mk II is indeed very black but when pair with my MH335DW, the bass is a bit too much for me. Same goes for the Mk III. Continental v2 and v3 are also nice but both of them hiss like crazy with my 335.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product