- 1 Post. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA S150B Flatstagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12More
- productKlipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productMarshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX600/BLK Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good non-over ear IEMs? Last post on 4/23/13 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
best IEMs and full size headphones under $100post #1 of 610/15/12 at 9:14pmThread StarterHey, I'm looking to buy some new full size over the ear headphones, i like nice punchy well composed bass that's not overwhelming but definitely there and I also want very clear mids and crisp highs (these are in order of priority). I'm currently looking at the klipsch image ones, beyerdynamic dt660s, and audio-technica ath m50s. And for IEMs: klipsch image s4s, audeo 112, shure sm215s. What do you guys think are there others that i should look at and which of these are the best for both the full size and IEMs thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/17/12 at 1:35ampost #3 of 610/17/12 at 8:52am
The IEMs like JVC FXD80, RE0, FXT90, Yamaha EPH100, Sony EX510 and headphones like Major Marshell, Image ONE, Sony ZX600, V55 and JVC on ear are great buy under this budget.
Edited by ZARIM - 10/17/12 at 8:55ampost #4 of 610/17/12 at 9:28am
I can heartily recommend the JVC S500s, but they may require a pad swap to tone down the bass (I've found this is somewhat source dependent though). The S400s are at Macmall for $25 and appear to be a slightly less resolving yet more neutral listen.post #5 of 610/17/12 at 9:49am
I can no longer recommend the RE-0 b/c they are just crappily built with poor customer support. Unfortunately, every stereotype about made in China products applies here to this particular model. But the sound quality, WOW. I've broken two RE-0's now and I won't be duped again.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 34 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FS | Odyssey Audio "Cyclops Extreme" Integrated w various cables!! 7 minutes ago
- › TTVJ Flat Pad test original vs deluxe 8 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...