- 1 Post. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA S150B Flatstagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12More
- productKlipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productMarshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX600/BLK Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good non-over ear IEMs? Last post on 4/23/13 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
best IEMs and full size headphones under $100post #1 of 610/15/12 at 9:14pmThread StarterHey, I'm looking to buy some new full size over the ear headphones, i like nice punchy well composed bass that's not overwhelming but definitely there and I also want very clear mids and crisp highs (these are in order of priority). I'm currently looking at the klipsch image ones, beyerdynamic dt660s, and audio-technica ath m50s. And for IEMs: klipsch image s4s, audeo 112, shure sm215s. What do you guys think are there others that i should look at and which of these are the best for both the full size and IEMs thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/17/12 at 1:35ampost #3 of 610/17/12 at 8:52am
The IEMs like JVC FXD80, RE0, FXT90, Yamaha EPH100, Sony EX510 and headphones like Major Marshell, Image ONE, Sony ZX600, V55 and JVC on ear are great buy under this budget.
Edited by ZARIM - 10/17/12 at 8:55ampost #4 of 610/17/12 at 9:28am
I can heartily recommend the JVC S500s, but they may require a pad swap to tone down the bass (I've found this is somewhat source dependent though). The S400s are at Macmall for $25 and appear to be a slightly less resolving yet more neutral listen.post #5 of 610/17/12 at 9:49am
I can no longer recommend the RE-0 b/c they are just crappily built with poor customer support. Unfortunately, every stereotype about made in China products applies here to this particular model. But the sound quality, WOW. I've broken two RE-0's now and I won't be duped again.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze SINE Series 21 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse