- 1 Post. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA S150B Flatstagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12More
- productKlipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productMarshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX600/BLK Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good non-over ear IEMs? Last post on 4/23/13 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
best IEMs and full size headphones under $100post #1 of 610/15/12 at 9:14pmThread StarterHey, I'm looking to buy some new full size over the ear headphones, i like nice punchy well composed bass that's not overwhelming but definitely there and I also want very clear mids and crisp highs (these are in order of priority). I'm currently looking at the klipsch image ones, beyerdynamic dt660s, and audio-technica ath m50s. And for IEMs: klipsch image s4s, audeo 112, shure sm215s. What do you guys think are there others that i should look at and which of these are the best for both the full size and IEMs thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/17/12 at 1:35ampost #3 of 610/17/12 at 8:52am
The IEMs like JVC FXD80, RE0, FXT90, Yamaha EPH100, Sony EX510 and headphones like Major Marshell, Image ONE, Sony ZX600, V55 and JVC on ear are great buy under this budget.
Edited by ZARIM - 10/17/12 at 8:55ampost #4 of 610/17/12 at 9:28am
I can heartily recommend the JVC S500s, but they may require a pad swap to tone down the bass (I've found this is somewhat source dependent though). The S400s are at Macmall for $25 and appear to be a slightly less resolving yet more neutral listen.post #5 of 610/17/12 at 9:49am
I can no longer recommend the RE-0 b/c they are just crappily built with poor customer support. Unfortunately, every stereotype about made in China products applies here to this particular model. But the sound quality, WOW. I've broken two RE-0's now and I won't be duped again.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 42 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people use EQ to get the desired sound? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2