- 1 Post. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA S150B Flatstagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12More
- productKlipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productMarshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX600/BLK Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good non-over ear IEMs? Last post on 4/23/13 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
best IEMs and full size headphones under $100post #1 of 610/15/12 at 9:14pmThread StarterHey, I'm looking to buy some new full size over the ear headphones, i like nice punchy well composed bass that's not overwhelming but definitely there and I also want very clear mids and crisp highs (these are in order of priority). I'm currently looking at the klipsch image ones, beyerdynamic dt660s, and audio-technica ath m50s. And for IEMs: klipsch image s4s, audeo 112, shure sm215s. What do you guys think are there others that i should look at and which of these are the best for both the full size and IEMs thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/17/12 at 1:35ampost #3 of 610/17/12 at 8:52am
The IEMs like JVC FXD80, RE0, FXT90, Yamaha EPH100, Sony EX510 and headphones like Major Marshell, Image ONE, Sony ZX600, V55 and JVC on ear are great buy under this budget.
Edited by ZARIM - 10/17/12 at 8:55ampost #4 of 610/17/12 at 9:28am
I can heartily recommend the JVC S500s, but they may require a pad swap to tone down the bass (I've found this is somewhat source dependent though). The S400s are at Macmall for $25 and appear to be a slightly less resolving yet more neutral listen.post #5 of 610/17/12 at 9:49am
I can no longer recommend the RE-0 b/c they are just crappily built with poor customer support. Unfortunately, every stereotype about made in China products applies here to this particular model. But the sound quality, WOW. I've broken two RE-0's now and I won't be duped again.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Hugo 28 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 40 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 42 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions ! 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear