- 1 Post. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA S150B Flatstagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/19/12More
- productKlipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productMarshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productSony MDR-ZX600/BLK Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good non-over ear IEMs? Last post on 4/23/13 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
best IEMs and full size headphones under $100post #1 of 610/15/12 at 9:14pmThread StarterHey, I'm looking to buy some new full size over the ear headphones, i like nice punchy well composed bass that's not overwhelming but definitely there and I also want very clear mids and crisp highs (these are in order of priority). I'm currently looking at the klipsch image ones, beyerdynamic dt660s, and audio-technica ath m50s. And for IEMs: klipsch image s4s, audeo 112, shure sm215s. What do you guys think are there others that i should look at and which of these are the best for both the full size and IEMs thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/17/12 at 1:35ampost #3 of 610/17/12 at 8:52am
The IEMs like JVC FXD80, RE0, FXT90, Yamaha EPH100, Sony EX510 and headphones like Major Marshell, Image ONE, Sony ZX600, V55 and JVC on ear are great buy under this budget.
Edited by ZARIM - 10/17/12 at 8:55ampost #4 of 610/17/12 at 9:28am
I can heartily recommend the JVC S500s, but they may require a pad swap to tone down the bass (I've found this is somewhat source dependent though). The S400s are at Macmall for $25 and appear to be a slightly less resolving yet more neutral listen.post #5 of 610/17/12 at 9:49am
I can no longer recommend the RE-0 b/c they are just crappily built with poor customer support. Unfortunately, every stereotype about made in China products applies here to this particular model. But the sound quality, WOW. I've broken two RE-0's now and I won't be duped again.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best IEMs and full size headphones under $100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 9 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 13 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 26 seconds ago
- › 50 ohm headphone DAC AMP for under or around $100 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Radius HP-NHR-21 tour...a great bass-head earphone 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › HD 800 (really considering it) 3 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...