Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Best Bang/Buck under 150$ DAC or DAC/AMP for Android. PLEASE HELP.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Bang/Buck under 150$ DAC or DAC/AMP for Android. PLEASE HELP.

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Hi,

 

I do not have a decent source for my Atrio Mg7's, i am in the market for a DAC or a DAC/AMP(preferred) Under 150$, will be more than happy to pay 100$ i shall be getting the V MODA M80's soon too.

 

Another question will there be any noticeable difference? i have been looking in to the UD100 and the ODAC/O2 combo.

 

Regards,

 

Shahab Khan.

post #2 of 11
Thread Starter 

Current Source is Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Toshiba Laptop, i would like to have a setup that can be used with both i guess that would be USB but the portable amp should have a battery so it does not drain my phone battery.

 

Thank you for Viewing.

post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmrwt View Post

Current Source is Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Toshiba Laptop, i would like to have a setup that can be used with both i guess that would be USB but the portable amp should have a battery so it does not drain my phone battery.

 

Thank you for Viewing.

Fiio E10, USB-DAC-Headphone amplifier ($66) for the laptop.

Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier ($65) for the Galaxy S2

 

Or just get the Fiio E17 ($140) for use with Galaxy and laptop

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 

hi guys i am really lost in this whole DAC thing, now i am either leaning towards the

CEntrance DACport or the Odac.

i will be driving the V-modas M80s and the Future sonic atrio Mg7 for now and the Sennheiser HD650's when i get them.

please help me out.

post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmrwt View Post

Current Source is Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Toshiba Laptop, i would like to have a setup that can be used with both i guess that would be USB but the portable amp should have a battery so it does not drain my phone battery.

 

Thank you for Viewing.

 

As far as I know, the Samsung Galaxy S2 can't interwork with a standard USB DAC for the time being.

 

 

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S III / Note II can be found at the following link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/660#post_8820225

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post

 

As far as I know, the Samsung Galaxy S2 can't interwork with a standard USB DAC for the time being.

 

 

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S III / Note II can be found at the following link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/660#post_8820225


Thank you for the info. I have been following that thread but I still dont know which one to get, i will get the Samsung Galaxy s3 in near future but for the time being i need a good DAC for the money. the more i search here the more confused i get :(

post #7 of 11

Check out the Hippo CriCri+, its tiny and great sounding.

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

Check out the Hippo CriCri+, its tiny and great sounding.


I think it is just a portable headphone amplifier, my main concern is a DAC. thanks for the input though

post #9 of 11
CriCri is just an amp, CriCri+ is amp and DAC
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 

Dear Randomkid,

 

My bad, it is a very capable DAC as well thanks for the correction. Another nice option. How does the DAC sound in your opinion?

 

Regards Drmrwt.

post #11 of 11
Neutral in my opinion, but very detailed and maybe ever so slightly bright.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Best Bang/Buck under 150$ DAC or DAC/AMP for Android. PLEASE HELP.