i have bought a good amount of headphones so far and have read reviews on this site for all these headphones for the most part and have used this site often in making choices for headphones now im stuck with a long list of phones and decided to finally make a post to get opinions on which would be best for me. all i'm looking for really is a new pair of headphones with good isolation and not to much noise leakage to replace my sennheiser hd 280 pro obviously id like something with better sq than the 280's and about the same build quality these haven't broken but id like to try something new i do carry these around with me to and from school along with headrooms total bit head amp and the headphones i am looking at getting i might think aren't all really in the same category of headphones most of them dj jeadphones tho so my list of headphones i am looking at is big if you have something that you think is better than whats in this list and about as portable as the 280's that's also less then about 200 then go ahead and tell me the list is : pioneer hdj 500 or 1500, allen and heath xone xd-53, denon dnhp700 or 1000, ultrasone 550 pro or hfi-580, fostex t40rp mkII, audio technica ath es55, aiaiai tma-1 as for the music i listen to well i listen to classical mostly vivaldi and handel jazz but pretty much miles d. and j. coltrane other music is jrock mostly does and metal death, black, and power my favorite band is korpiklaani which is folk metal then electro, some house, hardstyle, dnb, also soundtrack mostly elderscrolls soundtracks but their are others if needed to help i can post some of my most listened to songs so that you may be able to see just what you,re dealing with here.
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 10/16/12
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ath es 55tagged by System, 10/16/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productDENON DN-HP700 DJ HEADPHONEStagged by System, 10/16/12
- productFOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 10/16/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 10/16/12More
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 10/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Philip Citiscapes for $40 Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting headphones for cousin, could use some recommendations Last post on 11/11/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH - M50 Last post on 10/4/12 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
looking for opinions on long list of headphones feel free to post anything you might find betterpost #1 of 710/15/12 at 6:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/15/12 at 9:07pm
With your price point ($200) and wanting to maintain good isolation and portability (coming from your HD280 PRO), there's really not much for you to move to other than simply side-grading to another signature sound. However, I'll still recommend a few headphones for you to look into that have some qualities you're looking for in various other price ranges:
Ultrasone PRO 750
I would put emphasis on the SRH840, DT770 and Uptowns based on your needs and portability.
Very best,post #3 of 710/16/12 at 7:30amThread Starter
thanks ill look into the beyer i have a pair of both shure 240-a and 440 is the 840 alot better or slightly better than the 440 also my freind has the audio technica a-700x they defintely sound better than my 280's but aren't the most travel friendly but is the 900x a good bit better if so ill look into that alsopost #4 of 710/16/12 at 6:44pmpost #5 of 710/16/12 at 6:54pmThread Starter
how about leakage? both 240 and 440 are not too good at keeping noise in imo i do take the trolley and have had a couple complaints when sitting next to some one when using them but it is also due to the fact that i keep the sound at 80% plus to block out all noise
Edited by rpganzen - 10/16/12 at 7:00pmpost #6 of 710/16/12 at 7:06pm
My roommate never complained about the leakage as far as i remembered, it's not on the same level of HD25 on the terms of isolation but it's enough for me when i use it on a cafe or in a carpost #7 of 710/17/12 at 10:34amThread Starter
thanks there's a guitar center that about 45 min drive or so from where i live hopefully i can try em out there ill be going today well more like in an hour or so but they have the hd 25 which im interested in the beyer dt770 and one that i posted in the original list the pioneer hdj 500 if the 840 sound good enough ill be making my way back home with a pair
- looking for opinions on long list of headphones feel free to post anything you might find better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › RHA T10i vs Shure IEMS 16 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 49 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 57 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 1 minute ago
- › Are the AKG K7XX a good replacement for the Beyerdynamic T90s? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-507 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs (black)/Noble 5 UIEM 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2