i have bought a good amount of headphones so far and have read reviews on this site for all these headphones for the most part and have used this site often in making choices for headphones now im stuck with a long list of phones and decided to finally make a post to get opinions on which would be best for me. all i'm looking for really is a new pair of headphones with good isolation and not to much noise leakage to replace my sennheiser hd 280 pro obviously id like something with better sq than the 280's and about the same build quality these haven't broken but id like to try something new i do carry these around with me to and from school along with headrooms total bit head amp and the headphones i am looking at getting i might think aren't all really in the same category of headphones most of them dj jeadphones tho so my list of headphones i am looking at is big if you have something that you think is better than whats in this list and about as portable as the 280's that's also less then about 200 then go ahead and tell me the list is : pioneer hdj 500 or 1500, allen and heath xone xd-53, denon dnhp700 or 1000, ultrasone 550 pro or hfi-580, fostex t40rp mkII, audio technica ath es55, aiaiai tma-1 as for the music i listen to well i listen to classical mostly vivaldi and handel jazz but pretty much miles d. and j. coltrane other music is jrock mostly does and metal death, black, and power my favorite band is korpiklaani which is folk metal then electro, some house, hardstyle, dnb, also soundtrack mostly elderscrolls soundtracks but their are others if needed to help i can post some of my most listened to songs so that you may be able to see just what you,re dealing with here.
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 10/16/12
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ath es 55tagged by System, 10/16/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productDENON DN-HP700 DJ HEADPHONEStagged by System, 10/16/12
- productFOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 10/16/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 10/16/12More
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 10/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Philip Citiscapes for $40 Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting headphones for cousin, could use some recommendations Last post on 11/11/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 pro: love it or hate it? Last post on 10/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH - M50 Last post on 10/4/12 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had the privilege of giving a listen to these beauties through work, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for it. I'll go through the gamut on this and tell you about packaging, comfort, sound,...
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
looking for opinions on long list of headphones feel free to post anything you might find betterpost #1 of 710/15/12 at 6:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/15/12 at 9:07pm
With your price point ($200) and wanting to maintain good isolation and portability (coming from your HD280 PRO), there's really not much for you to move to other than simply side-grading to another signature sound. However, I'll still recommend a few headphones for you to look into that have some qualities you're looking for in various other price ranges:
Ultrasone PRO 750
I would put emphasis on the SRH840, DT770 and Uptowns based on your needs and portability.
Very best,post #3 of 710/16/12 at 7:30amThread Starter
thanks ill look into the beyer i have a pair of both shure 240-a and 440 is the 840 alot better or slightly better than the 440 also my freind has the audio technica a-700x they defintely sound better than my 280's but aren't the most travel friendly but is the 900x a good bit better if so ill look into that alsopost #4 of 710/16/12 at 6:44pmpost #5 of 710/16/12 at 6:54pmThread Starter
how about leakage? both 240 and 440 are not too good at keeping noise in imo i do take the trolley and have had a couple complaints when sitting next to some one when using them but it is also due to the fact that i keep the sound at 80% plus to block out all noise
Edited by rpganzen - 10/16/12 at 7:00pmpost #6 of 710/16/12 at 7:06pm
My roommate never complained about the leakage as far as i remembered, it's not on the same level of HD25 on the terms of isolation but it's enough for me when i use it on a cafe or in a carpost #7 of 710/17/12 at 10:34amThread Starter
thanks there's a guitar center that about 45 min drive or so from where i live hopefully i can try em out there ill be going today well more like in an hour or so but they have the hd 25 which im interested in the beyer dt770 and one that i posted in the original list the pioneer hdj 500 if the 840 sound good enough ill be making my way back home with a pair
- looking for opinions on long list of headphones feel free to post anything you might find better
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 18 seconds ago
- › KGSShv Carbon - hows it sound with the 009s? 23 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 30 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 31 seconds ago
- › Hello, I'm new here. 41 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear