or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread - Page 32

post #466 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post
 

Check ebay. I did get  the ones that can be fitted, seal well and are COMFORTABLE. They eventually sold out, if I fond them again, I will let you know. IIRC, I did post the link quite some time ago here - but could be mistaken ?

 

I don't see any sr-003 accessories for sale on ebay, just the headphones themselves. 

 

currently I'm using the foster-type large single flange tips that came with the earbuds that come with a Roku bluetooth remote control on my SR-001mk2. Hard to stretch on and want to work their way off. Comfortable but it looks like the SR-003 tips should be lower profile and presumably stay put better. 

post #467 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericj View Post
 

 

I don't see any sr-003 accessories for sale on ebay, just the headphones themselves. 

 

currently I'm using the foster-type large single flange tips that came with the earbuds that come with a Roku bluetooth remote control on my SR-001mk2. Hard to stretch on and want to work their way off. Comfortable but it looks like the SR-003 tips should be lower profile and presumably stay put better. 

There will be no tips sold specifically for the Stax on ebay - or else. The candidates are LARGE tips with large bore that are veeery streeeetchy and do not burst at attempting to place them on the oval nozzle os baby Stax. That rules out anything that has "strenghtening member" around the nozzle - and even then, the material must be soft and very stretchy.

 

My tips were dirt cheap, bought because of large bore needed for other normal dynamic IEMs, and I figured how to place them on Stax just before the seller from UK ran out of stock. A day of bliss with Stax prior to re-ordering was enough for the tips to sell out for good...:(

post #468 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post
 

There will be no tips sold specifically for the Stax on ebay - or else. The candidates are LARGE tips with large bore that are veeery streeeetchy and do not burst at attempting to place them on the oval nozzle os baby Stax. That rules out anything that has "strenghtening member" around the nozzle - and even then, the material must be soft and very stretchy.

 

My tips were dirt cheap, bought because of large bore needed for other normal dynamic IEMs, and I figured how to place them on Stax just before the seller from UK ran out of stock. A day of bliss with Stax prior to re-ordering was enough for the tips to sell out for good...:(

 

 

Yeah, I was unhappy with generic ebay tips for dynamic canalphones. durometer of the silicone too low, or the silicone too thin, or something -- too flimsy. 

 

The roku tips just happen to be a lot meatier. But they're also purple. 

 

I want to try the genuine stax tips but not at $15 per ear. 

post #469 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericj View Post
 

 

 

Yeah, I was unhappy with generic ebay tips for dynamic canalphones. durometer of the silicone too low, or the silicone too thin, or something -- too flimsy. 

 

The roku tips just happen to be a lot meatier. But they're also purple. 

 

I want to try the genuine stax tips but not at $15 per ear. 

 If it is any consolation, mine are light green:D ...
post #470 of 493

Love the SR-002 so much <3

 

 

 

 

 

Great news for all Stax IEM lovers, new version of the SRS-002 will come: http://ces.zol.com.cn/5622104.html

 

 

 

 

 

It seems the big nozzle is now much (!) smaller, which causes the most comfort and seal issues!

post #471 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1f1add1cted View Post
....

 

It seems the big nozzle is now much (!) smaller, which causes the most comfort and seal issues!

 

Let's hope they don't repeat another no-show like they did on CES2015. I really like the new reversion!

post #472 of 493

Yes let's see what happen, would be interesting how the new reversion will sound compared to current SR-002.


And I'm curious about the DAC/AMP with XMOS USB interface and separate mobile devices port for plug&play without CCK I guess.

 

post #473 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1f1add1cted View Post
 

Yes let's see what happen, would be interesting how the new reversion will sound compared to current SR-002.


And I'm curious about the DAC/AMP with XMOS USB interface and separate mobile devices port for plug&play without CCK I guess.

 

 

I guess they did put Edifier's money into good use. :beerchug:

post #474 of 493
post #475 of 493
http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=44769170469
post #476 of 493

What's the general consensus with the SR002 compared to other high-end IEMs? 

I've owned the 002's for awhile now, just because I'm a Stax fan. I was in the market recently for an IEM I could throw in my bag and not worry about, within that search I noticed something.

All the head-fi IEM buying guides leave out the 002, don't even mention it... Is it because they're not truly hyper portable because they require an amp?

 

I would think the sr002 would stand toe to toe with any high end IEM, because for me personally, they're better than my full size HD800.

post #477 of 493

The SR-002 owns high end IEMs in some disciplines quite easy. I own the HD 800's too for me still the sound stage is unbeaten from any other cans I tried up to SR-009, the SR-002 sound stage is only 'medium core', but this lack is not a real issue. The SR-002 delivers such a transparent, natural, airy non IEM sounding which no other IEM can pick up against. Doesn't matter if the IEM is paired with > 12 drivers with 'perfect' tuning, the baby Stax eat them still with absolute natural tonality, for classical music it's a complete different story, compared to my HD 800's with its massive sound stage and high resolution, the SR-002 has some really unique qualities to deliver music sound which is more like it comes from "nowhere", hard to describe for my lack of English vocabulary. I have written a very long and detailed review about the SR-002 compared with some really great other hig end gear, but only in German. No time to translate it yet.


Edited by h1f1add1cted - 1/16/16 at 4:02pm
post #478 of 493

My Stax SR-002 review is now finally up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/stax-srs-002-in-the-earspeaker-system-srm-002-sr-002-japan-import/reviews/15135 asap I want to compare them with the Shure KSE1500.

post #479 of 493

Anybody know if it is currently possible to acquire a replacement cable? 

post #480 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1f1add1cted View Post
 

My Stax SR-002 review is now finally up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/stax-srs-002-in-the-earspeaker-system-srm-002-sr-002-japan-import/reviews/15135 asap I want to compare them with the Shure KSE1500.

 

That would be a very interesting comparison. I hope that Stax will release the dac/amp for the 002 soon, I think i´ll wait for that before consider buying

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread