Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200 Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 1/28/13 at 7:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- suggest me a headphone under $120 Last post on 11/20/12 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new Over Ear cans Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Need new headphones. Help!@#@!@ - Page 2post #16 of 2810/17/12 at 11:41amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2810/17/12 at 12:41pmQuote:
yea the cups are a bit bigger because they are circular but not by much imo and they should work. I know one person that wears them all the time out. I know I would ^_^post #18 of 2810/18/12 at 9:31amThread StarterQuote:
I'll deffinatly look up some reviews when I get home and see if I can get an understanding on them more :Ppost #19 of 2810/18/12 at 9:01pmpost #20 of 2810/18/12 at 9:12pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by KCxSmacker
Just found this post of a chick with them on in good res.
oo they arent that big :Ppost #21 of 2810/18/12 at 11:54pm
exactly! and see even sexy women wear them so you can too ^_~. But really yea not as small as say m80s but not huge. Glad the picture helpedpost #22 of 2810/19/12 at 8:52pmThread StarterQuote:
i am gunna look into these more now :Ppost #23 of 2810/20/12 at 1:02ampost #24 of 2810/22/12 at 12:23pmQuote:
I have to disagree with the comment "very comfortable" maybe its because of my larger head but the clamp and ear cushions felt a little too pressured for me. Ended up giving them to my gf to use as she has a smaller head.post #25 of 2810/22/12 at 5:31pmThread Starter
Hmhh yeah that's one thing I heard about them is that they "clamp". And i just listened to the phillips in the store and they sounded amazing! i also liked the sound of the skullycandy aviators surprisingly too.post #26 of 2810/22/12 at 6:08pmQuote:
They do clamp more than the Phillip Uptowns. But then they do so to get a good seal for the bass response. Fairly good isolation, too.
The Phillips also don't seem to have the durable build quality that the M50s and some of the other headphones you have been considering. Maybe it's just me.post #27 of 2810/24/12 at 7:03pmThread Starterpost #28 of 2810/24/12 at 8:09pm
They look like it. I've been wanting to try some. I have the Sony MDR-V6s that are known for being "tanks." They've had a lot of abuse. Still going strong
- Need new headphones. Help!@#@!@
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 57 seconds ago
- › Got the Blues? 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about converting Sennheiser PC363D's USB surround sound... 4 minutes ago
- › TTVJ SLIM w DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...