Hello everyone. New here, was looking for a new pair of headphones and was directed here so was lurking the past couple days. Anyway, I am in need of some new headphones that are portable, can be driven by an iphone 3gs, ipad 3, as well as used on my pc for gaming. I mostly listen to classic rock, some metal, and a little bit of everything else, minus rap/hip hop. Having phones that are good with all genres is a plus. I do intend to bring them out and use them in public (school, etc) so isolation in the form of not letting sound out is important, I don't care about letting outside sound in. Lastly, I hope to keep them under $200, closer to around 150 or so used. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
- productBeyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280, Sony MDR7506 and V6 Headphones (Pair)tagged by System, 10/15/12
- productCreative Labs SB0880 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Cardtagged by System, 10/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- help buying headphones (mp3+gaming) Last post on 9/25/12 at 2:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-V6, should I buy it off amazon ? Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Casual music lover looking for new headphones for 50-70 USD Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 8/7/12 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-V6's beaten & blown out, buy a new pair v. AKG518 v. XB700 v. HD280 v. whatever you... Last post on 9/24/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Best portable headphones for music and gaming?post #1 of 310/14/12 at 8:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/14/12 at 10:22pm
Sony MDR-V6, $65
Also get the Beyerdynamic EDT200/250 V Velour ear pads ($23), makes the MDR-V6 very comfortable.
If you do not have a sound card in your PC, get the Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.
Comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier and Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound
A refurb Creative X-Fi Titanium (non-HD) $45, is a good gaming card.
CMSS-3D headphone surround sound, but not headphone amp.post #3 of 310/14/12 at 10:44pmQuote:
I totally agree with that.
- Best portable headphones for music and gaming?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › XTZ Headphone Divine DISCUSSION THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Popping noises with USB DAC connected to PC. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...