Hello everyone. New here, was looking for a new pair of headphones and was directed here so was lurking the past couple days. Anyway, I am in need of some new headphones that are portable, can be driven by an iphone 3gs, ipad 3, as well as used on my pc for gaming. I mostly listen to classic rock, some metal, and a little bit of everything else, minus rap/hip hop. Having phones that are good with all genres is a plus. I do intend to bring them out and use them in public (school, etc) so isolation in the form of not letting sound out is important, I don't care about letting outside sound in. Lastly, I hope to keep them under $200, closer to around 150 or so used. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
- productBeyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280, Sony MDR7506 and V6 Headphones (Pair)tagged by System, 10/15/12
- productCreative Labs SB0880 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Cardtagged by System, 10/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- help buying headphones (mp3+gaming) Last post on 9/25/12 at 2:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-V6, should I buy it off amazon ? Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Casual music lover looking for new headphones for 50-70 USD Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 8/7/12 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-V6's beaten & blown out, buy a new pair v. AKG518 v. XB700 v. HD280 v. whatever you... Last post on 9/24/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Best portable headphones for music and gaming?post #1 of 310/14/12 at 8:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/14/12 at 10:22pm
Sony MDR-V6, $65
Also get the Beyerdynamic EDT200/250 V Velour ear pads ($23), makes the MDR-V6 very comfortable.
If you do not have a sound card in your PC, get the Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.
Comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier and Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound
A refurb Creative X-Fi Titanium (non-HD) $45, is a good gaming card.
CMSS-3D headphone surround sound, but not headphone amp.post #3 of 310/14/12 at 10:44pmQuote:
I totally agree with that.
- Best portable headphones for music and gaming?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 4 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 5 minutes ago
- › Practical Devices XM6 use on computer without battery? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 12 minutes ago
- › Please Help, Matrix M-stage DAC + Matrix M-Stage Amp + HD 650 good... 12 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 12 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2