Hello everyone. New here, was looking for a new pair of headphones and was directed here so was lurking the past couple days. Anyway, I am in need of some new headphones that are portable, can be driven by an iphone 3gs, ipad 3, as well as used on my pc for gaming. I mostly listen to classic rock, some metal, and a little bit of everything else, minus rap/hip hop. Having phones that are good with all genres is a plus. I do intend to bring them out and use them in public (school, etc) so isolation in the form of not letting sound out is important, I don't care about letting outside sound in. Lastly, I hope to keep them under $200, closer to around 150 or so used. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
- productBeyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280, Sony MDR7506 and V6 Headphones (Pair)tagged by System, 10/15/12
- productCreative Labs SB0880 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Cardtagged by System, 10/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- help buying headphones (mp3+gaming) Last post on 9/25/12 at 2:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-V6, should I buy it off amazon ? Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Casual music lover looking for new headphones for 50-70 USD Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 8/7/12 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-V6's beaten & blown out, buy a new pair v. AKG518 v. XB700 v. HD280 v. whatever you... Last post on 9/24/11 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
FiiO X1 - 2 Gen. Review Disclaimer: The product I am reviewing was provided to me from FiiO in exchange for an honest review on it. Please note that being a review unit certain aspects of the...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Best portable headphones for music and gaming?post #1 of 310/14/12 at 8:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/14/12 at 10:22pm
Sony MDR-V6, $65
Also get the Beyerdynamic EDT200/250 V Velour ear pads ($23), makes the MDR-V6 very comfortable.
If you do not have a sound card in your PC, get the Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.
Comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier and Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound
A refurb Creative X-Fi Titanium (non-HD) $45, is a good gaming card.
CMSS-3D headphone surround sound, but not headphone amp.post #3 of 310/14/12 at 10:44pmQuote:
I totally agree with that.
- Best portable headphones for music and gaming?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › R2R/multibit vs Delta-Sigma - Is There A Measurable Scientific... 6 minutes ago
- › Connecting Stereo Amplifier to USB Interface 6 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear