I have SE210's which work well and while they do offer good isolation they are big. I don't carry a bag with me daily so the SE210's in their case are just too big. I am looking for a smaller iem that offers good isolation and is not as vulnerable. I want to have a small pouch where I can gently wind the iem's and carry in pocket. Isolation is important though since where I mainly listen is very loud.
Related Forum Threads
- Which In-Ears for Rock & Metal for about 200 $ Last post on 2/3/11 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 12/1/12 at 11:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cheap single driver balanced armature IEM's? Last post on 9/8/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs ~$100 Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for IEM's at a fair price with great isolation that aren't clunky and built well.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the UE700's and they're great. They're tiny and the isolation on them is great, once they're in I can't hear people talking to me at all. If you're after numbers, they isolate to 26dB.
They don't have a pouch though, but a small hard case, that may or may not be too big for you (depends how tight your jeans are :p )
You mentioned vulnerability though, and these don't have much in the way of strain relief, but if you're keeping them protected and treat em right it shouldn't matter too much..?
As for price I paid about £80 for mine, dunno what that would be in dollars.
- Looking for IEM's at a fair price with great isolation that aren't clunky and built well.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 15 seconds ago
- › JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~ 28 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 35 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr: Dangerous with Certain Headphones ? 1 minute ago
- › Thinking of going with AKG 702? 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Alpha Pads From MrSpeakers (pads alone) 1 minute ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Singapore Meet - Interest Check. 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe