I have SE210's which work well and while they do offer good isolation they are big. I don't carry a bag with me daily so the SE210's in their case are just too big. I am looking for a smaller iem that offers good isolation and is not as vulnerable. I want to have a small pouch where I can gently wind the iem's and carry in pocket. Isolation is important though since where I mainly listen is very loud.
Related Forum Threads
- Which In-Ears for Rock & Metal for about 200 $ Last post on 2/3/11 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cheap single driver balanced armature IEM's? Last post on 9/8/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs ~$100 Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for IEM's at a fair price with great isolation that aren't clunky and built well.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the UE700's and they're great. They're tiny and the isolation on them is great, once they're in I can't hear people talking to me at all. If you're after numbers, they isolate to 26dB.
They don't have a pouch though, but a small hard case, that may or may not be too big for you (depends how tight your jeans are :p )
You mentioned vulnerability though, and these don't have much in the way of strain relief, but if you're keeping them protected and treat em right it shouldn't matter too much..?
As for price I paid about £80 for mine, dunno what that would be in dollars.
- Looking for IEM's at a fair price with great isolation that aren't clunky and built well.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Help with understanding Ohms and Hertz? 2 minutes ago
- › 47 Labs 4733 Midnight Blue Dac/amp/pre 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 6 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › NuForce uDAC-2 Black - version 2 10 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 10 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)