Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X Last post on 9/22/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 40post #586 of 7171/26/14 at 7:57am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #587 of 7171/26/14 at 9:07amQuote:
ATH ESW11 is limited to 2000 units worldwide. No serial number can be found though (AFAIK)post #588 of 7171/26/14 at 9:32amQuote:
Thanks for the info! I'm updating my Limited Edition Thread now. Quoted you in the OP. Still a work in progress that thread lol.post #589 of 7171/26/14 at 4:56pmQuote:haha you are funnyOriginally Posted by Maxx134
I used to own an ultrazone 750 and it was ok.. So I wanted to hear the Ed8 that is said to be a top portabe..($$$!)
So I finnally heard the ed8, and have to say it was very, very impressive..
A tad sibilant but very nice lively sound signature and soundstage while also loud enough to be played out of a portable.(!)
Overall to put in perspective, it was truley a top sounding can and one of the best I herd so far..
The only problem I could fault, was that the ath-esw11 I own has better bass authority, better mids and better treble,......
And well, better everything..(!)
Woops, except isolation...
The Ed8 had better isolation
Hapost #590 of 7171/27/14 at 1:16pmI have more isolation now about 25-30% increas with the combo of original pad plus the mod of extra foam inserted same shape & under yellow felt against the wood.
These are my favorite cans along with my fostex th600 that still need break in.
My w3000anv and esw10 are both retired from my "rotation" lol. Also my esw9 are all but a distant memory from non use. .post #591 of 7171/28/14 at 1:14amQuote:
Where did you get the number 2000 from ? On the Japanese audio websites [ on 3 of them that I saw ] the total number of manufactured ESW11LTDs is given as only 1000.
Unrelated - can anyone measure and tell me what is the size of these headphones' 'ear hole', what is the distance in mm from the inner edge of the earpads at the top to the inner edge on the bottom, or left to right. what is the diameter of the ear opening in mm. Thanks in advance.post #592 of 7171/28/14 at 2:39am
Just got my new ESW11LTD today.
I compare my W1000 with demo ESW11LTD (fully break in) before purchase. I think that ESW11LTD has a better bass tight, better details than W1000
But the sound stage isn't as good as W1000
I'm a happy guy nowpost #593 of 7171/28/14 at 4:05ampost #594 of 7171/28/14 at 8:45pmQuote:I wear my esw11 on my head non-stop 10hrs a day, 5days in a row, for twomonths now... On weekends I use other cans, but point is my esw11 are well broken in and pads are flattened somewhat making it even more comfortable as pads conform more to ear.
I would never have thought to use the word "delicate" in a sound description but these cans have a "delicacy" to the sound...
Also these esw11 have an "air" around everything which is more dimensional than before that I only herd from my big cans like w3000anv & fostex th600post #595 of 7171/28/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
I compare to my W1000 with demo unit in shop. My W1000 has advantage in sound stage. But surprise that ESW11 is more better in airy details in both mid and high. When I test ESW11 with 901 player, wow, bass is very good. It sound like that bass is come from floor standing speaker. This is my second AT woodie and I love the "limited edition" in gold so muchpost #596 of 7171/28/14 at 8:59pmQuote:
Where did you get them, and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for them?post #597 of 7171/28/14 at 9:15pmQuote:
I live in Thailand. I buy it from shop in Bangkok. Price is 23,000 Thai Baht or around 700$. I think they have only one or two left in stock now.post #598 of 7171/28/14 at 9:19pm
thank you. Audio Cubes here in the US is selling them for $700 as well. I'm trying to justify an upgrade from my ESW-9As even though I'll keep them since I love their sound. Congratulations on your purchase!post #599 of 7171/28/14 at 9:22pmpost #600 of 7171/28/14 at 9:27pmQuote:
I also compare ESW9 (demo) with ESW11 (demo) at shop yesterday. I think that it depend on each preference. If you love the lush sound of ESW9, I afraid that ESW11 will not a good choice for you.
ESW11 is much more open and detail but ESW9 has sweet mid, very relax when listen to vocal or jazz. Hope that you can have a chance to audit before purchase
Good Luck :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 38 seconds ago
- › Need Immediate Help with New In-Ear Purchase Options! Thank You! 46 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 4 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-A4 6 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear