Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X Last post on 9/22/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 40post #586 of 7201/26/14 at 7:57am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #587 of 7201/26/14 at 9:07amQuote:
ATH ESW11 is limited to 2000 units worldwide. No serial number can be found though (AFAIK)post #588 of 7201/26/14 at 9:32amQuote:
Thanks for the info! I'm updating my Limited Edition Thread now. Quoted you in the OP. Still a work in progress that thread lol.post #589 of 7201/26/14 at 4:56pmQuote:haha you are funnyOriginally Posted by Maxx134
I used to own an ultrazone 750 and it was ok.. So I wanted to hear the Ed8 that is said to be a top portabe..($$$!)
So I finnally heard the ed8, and have to say it was very, very impressive..
A tad sibilant but very nice lively sound signature and soundstage while also loud enough to be played out of a portable.(!)
Overall to put in perspective, it was truley a top sounding can and one of the best I herd so far..
The only problem I could fault, was that the ath-esw11 I own has better bass authority, better mids and better treble,......
And well, better everything..(!)
Woops, except isolation...
The Ed8 had better isolation
Hapost #590 of 7201/27/14 at 1:16pmI have more isolation now about 25-30% increas with the combo of original pad plus the mod of extra foam inserted same shape & under yellow felt against the wood.
These are my favorite cans along with my fostex th600 that still need break in.
My w3000anv and esw10 are both retired from my "rotation" lol. Also my esw9 are all but a distant memory from non use. .post #591 of 7201/28/14 at 1:14amQuote:
Where did you get the number 2000 from ? On the Japanese audio websites [ on 3 of them that I saw ] the total number of manufactured ESW11LTDs is given as only 1000.
Unrelated - can anyone measure and tell me what is the size of these headphones' 'ear hole', what is the distance in mm from the inner edge of the earpads at the top to the inner edge on the bottom, or left to right. what is the diameter of the ear opening in mm. Thanks in advance.post #592 of 7201/28/14 at 2:39am
Just got my new ESW11LTD today.
I compare my W1000 with demo ESW11LTD (fully break in) before purchase. I think that ESW11LTD has a better bass tight, better details than W1000
But the sound stage isn't as good as W1000
I'm a happy guy nowpost #593 of 7201/28/14 at 4:05ampost #594 of 7201/28/14 at 8:45pmQuote:I wear my esw11 on my head non-stop 10hrs a day, 5days in a row, for twomonths now... On weekends I use other cans, but point is my esw11 are well broken in and pads are flattened somewhat making it even more comfortable as pads conform more to ear.
I would never have thought to use the word "delicate" in a sound description but these cans have a "delicacy" to the sound...
Also these esw11 have an "air" around everything which is more dimensional than before that I only herd from my big cans like w3000anv & fostex th600post #595 of 7201/28/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
I compare to my W1000 with demo unit in shop. My W1000 has advantage in sound stage. But surprise that ESW11 is more better in airy details in both mid and high. When I test ESW11 with 901 player, wow, bass is very good. It sound like that bass is come from floor standing speaker. This is my second AT woodie and I love the "limited edition" in gold so muchpost #596 of 7201/28/14 at 8:59pmQuote:
Where did you get them, and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for them?post #597 of 7201/28/14 at 9:15pmQuote:
I live in Thailand. I buy it from shop in Bangkok. Price is 23,000 Thai Baht or around 700$. I think they have only one or two left in stock now.post #598 of 7201/28/14 at 9:19pm
thank you. Audio Cubes here in the US is selling them for $700 as well. I'm trying to justify an upgrade from my ESW-9As even though I'll keep them since I love their sound. Congratulations on your purchase!post #599 of 7201/28/14 at 9:22pmpost #600 of 7201/28/14 at 9:27pmQuote:
I also compare ESW9 (demo) with ESW11 (demo) at shop yesterday. I think that it depend on each preference. If you love the lush sound of ESW9, I afraid that ESW11 will not a good choice for you.
ESW11 is much more open and detail but ESW9 has sweet mid, very relax when listen to vocal or jazz. Hope that you can have a chance to audit before purchase
Good Luck :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 22 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 43 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 54 seconds ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Guerrilla Audio copper cables, Eichmann Bullet connectors 3 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1200EX impression thread!!! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear