I find the es10 already fatiguing after some minutes. But I admit, they sound very exciting.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
- Where can I get replacement AD700 wing pad supports? Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to start by saying thanks to Brainwavz for making this near excellent phone and Selsera for sending me a sample unit . And about Brainwavz , its around for nearly 7-8 years and has...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 37post #541 of 67011/17/13 at 6:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #542 of 67011/17/13 at 2:42pmpost #543 of 67011/17/13 at 6:17pmExactly.
My esw11 have a very supple detailed presentation.
I will be putting the original pads back onto hear the differences again.
They have slightly more soundstage, detail and space retrieval than the esw10, BUT ..
I still find the esw10 slight more "woody" and solid in the mids..
These are my two top portables that can't let go.
I use the esw11 with the plastic sceen protectors (cut for an es7 in size) on them and not have to worry taking them outside.. But my esw10 I am worried there is no way to protect them..
I am afraid to put anything on the finish..
Oh well.post #544 of 67011/17/13 at 8:53pmQuote:
+1.. I really don't know whether it is the esw11 that keep on sounding better or the amp that is actually breaking in. the esw11 really scale up depend on the amp and source its used. I believe have not find its maximum potential yet. Also I am really impressed with its driver.. Somehow they are able to make very loud sound without any distortion whatsoever..post #545 of 67011/17/13 at 9:27pmpost #546 of 67011/18/13 at 4:12pmpost #547 of 67011/18/13 at 5:10pmUPDATE ON PAD SWAPPING...
I have been on the esw9 pads for a while and that produced a lively and airy sound and less bass... Yet it lost some "meatyness" in the process..
Then I switched back to my original esw11 pads, and WOW I forgot about that tremendous bass!
Mids realism turned spooky and smokey...
But some of that brightness from the esw9 pads was also diminished..
Why can't I have it all?
Enter more pad swapping...
I had some generic cheapo pads that actually fit nice and were larger (!).
Bass was still impressive but mid majic got sucked out..!
So much for fake ass eBay pads..
Then out of the blue, I decided to try one last time with my spare es10 pads that I had on my esw9...
It is also the thinnest pads which gave the esw9 a more deeper and intimate tone since I found my esw9 too laid back..
So I put the es10 pads on the Esw11...
OMG.. Yes OMG again!!
These pads lie right in the middle of the two other pads! (Esw11 & esw9 pads)
Wow the sound!
Now I have almost all the bass of the esw11pads .
Now I have more intensity in the mids(!)
While also retaining the supple smoothness
A more intimate and deeper and larger sound than the esw9 pads(!)
Wow the mids really shine now for me.
So deep and engaging with a more natural tone!
I always thought my es10 pads were garbage lol !
Now I am hearing a perfect balance and solution to what I missed in my smaller esw10(solid natural mids) that I am afraid to take outside due to it's expensive amazing lacquer finish..
So it is definitely an improvement and excellent sound.
You can hear the vapor dewdrops in a singer's breath! Lol
Ok I am just being over-excited over the sound... Maybe
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/18/13 at 5:14pmpost #548 of 67011/18/13 at 11:45pm
And if I had to nitpick.. the es10 earpads are not leather. Sensitive ears here with regards to comfort.
Sigh.. sometimes I just wish to stop 'tweaking' and enjoy the music !!
We just need the Audio Technica engineers come up with a new leather ear pad that extracts all the best sonic performance out of that esw11ltd.
Edited by cky8 - 11/18/13 at 11:47pmpost #549 of 67011/19/13 at 4:33ampost #550 of 67011/19/13 at 10:20am
Definitely more leakage with esw9 pads but I forget how much on stock pads .
I am finding much better isolation with es10 pads.
The overall headphone isolation is better than the esw9.
I think the es10 may have greater isolation but I don't remember much as I never focused on it.
I was always concerned over the sound.
I will be ordering esw10 pads soon to put on my es700 .
They are much too tight to dare pull off my esw10, so I am assuming they won't fit the esw11.
So for now I using es10 pads.
For sensitive ears I would suggest some foam inside pads..
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/19/13 at 10:21ampost #551 of 67011/19/13 at 2:59pmpost #552 of 67011/19/13 at 8:01pm
Odac (just got today)
ALO Continental V2
For portable I connect the Continental to my Galaxy Note2 audio jack good enough.
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/19/13 at 8:08pmpost #553 of 67011/20/13 at 12:50am
You really really sure about that isolation boost? Is the only reason I would buy the pads lol because I use them mostly while commuting.. as they are now I prefer my better isolating ie800.post #554 of 67011/20/13 at 3:19amQuote:
Does the Continental V2 give a bit more resolution/detail and does it tightens the bass a bit ?post #555 of 67011/20/13 at 5:52amQuote:Most of the time it takes a more listening after initial impression the sound changed more larger, intense and bassy so I was under assumption that the pads did give isolation boost but after extended listening it is more the sound more easily covering outside sounds rather than more isolation so I would say total isolation jumped about 20% so iy is up to you if that is worth the change.
To me the sound change makes it totally worth it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)