I find the es10 already fatiguing after some minutes. But I admit, they sound very exciting.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X Last post on 9/22/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 37post #541 of 72011/17/13 at 6:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #542 of 72011/17/13 at 2:42pmpost #543 of 72011/17/13 at 6:17pmExactly.
My esw11 have a very supple detailed presentation.
I will be putting the original pads back onto hear the differences again.
They have slightly more soundstage, detail and space retrieval than the esw10, BUT ..
I still find the esw10 slight more "woody" and solid in the mids..
These are my two top portables that can't let go.
I use the esw11 with the plastic sceen protectors (cut for an es7 in size) on them and not have to worry taking them outside.. But my esw10 I am worried there is no way to protect them..
I am afraid to put anything on the finish..
Oh well.post #544 of 72011/17/13 at 8:53pmQuote:
+1.. I really don't know whether it is the esw11 that keep on sounding better or the amp that is actually breaking in. the esw11 really scale up depend on the amp and source its used. I believe have not find its maximum potential yet. Also I am really impressed with its driver.. Somehow they are able to make very loud sound without any distortion whatsoever..post #545 of 72011/17/13 at 9:27pmpost #546 of 72011/18/13 at 4:12pmpost #547 of 72011/18/13 at 5:10pmUPDATE ON PAD SWAPPING...
I have been on the esw9 pads for a while and that produced a lively and airy sound and less bass... Yet it lost some "meatyness" in the process..
Then I switched back to my original esw11 pads, and WOW I forgot about that tremendous bass!
Mids realism turned spooky and smokey...
But some of that brightness from the esw9 pads was also diminished..
Why can't I have it all?
Enter more pad swapping...
I had some generic cheapo pads that actually fit nice and were larger (!).
Bass was still impressive but mid majic got sucked out..!
So much for fake ass eBay pads..
Then out of the blue, I decided to try one last time with my spare es10 pads that I had on my esw9...
It is also the thinnest pads which gave the esw9 a more deeper and intimate tone since I found my esw9 too laid back..
So I put the es10 pads on the Esw11...
OMG.. Yes OMG again!!
These pads lie right in the middle of the two other pads! (Esw11 & esw9 pads)
Wow the sound!
Now I have almost all the bass of the esw11pads .
Now I have more intensity in the mids(!)
While also retaining the supple smoothness
A more intimate and deeper and larger sound than the esw9 pads(!)
Wow the mids really shine now for me.
So deep and engaging with a more natural tone!
I always thought my es10 pads were garbage lol !
Now I am hearing a perfect balance and solution to what I missed in my smaller esw10(solid natural mids) that I am afraid to take outside due to it's expensive amazing lacquer finish..
So it is definitely an improvement and excellent sound.
You can hear the vapor dewdrops in a singer's breath! Lol
Ok I am just being over-excited over the sound... Maybe
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/18/13 at 5:14pmpost #548 of 72011/18/13 at 11:45pm
And if I had to nitpick.. the es10 earpads are not leather. Sensitive ears here with regards to comfort.
Sigh.. sometimes I just wish to stop 'tweaking' and enjoy the music !!
We just need the Audio Technica engineers come up with a new leather ear pad that extracts all the best sonic performance out of that esw11ltd.
Edited by cky8 - 11/18/13 at 11:47pmpost #549 of 72011/19/13 at 4:33ampost #550 of 72011/19/13 at 10:20am
Definitely more leakage with esw9 pads but I forget how much on stock pads .
I am finding much better isolation with es10 pads.
The overall headphone isolation is better than the esw9.
I think the es10 may have greater isolation but I don't remember much as I never focused on it.
I was always concerned over the sound.
I will be ordering esw10 pads soon to put on my es700 .
They are much too tight to dare pull off my esw10, so I am assuming they won't fit the esw11.
So for now I using es10 pads.
For sensitive ears I would suggest some foam inside pads..
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/19/13 at 10:21ampost #551 of 72011/19/13 at 2:59pmpost #552 of 72011/19/13 at 8:01pm
Odac (just got today)
ALO Continental V2
For portable I connect the Continental to my Galaxy Note2 audio jack good enough.
Edited by Maxx134 - 11/19/13 at 8:08pmpost #553 of 72011/20/13 at 12:50am
You really really sure about that isolation boost? Is the only reason I would buy the pads lol because I use them mostly while commuting.. as they are now I prefer my better isolating ie800.post #554 of 72011/20/13 at 3:19amQuote:
Does the Continental V2 give a bit more resolution/detail and does it tightens the bass a bit ?post #555 of 72011/20/13 at 5:52amQuote:Most of the time it takes a more listening after initial impression the sound changed more larger, intense and bassy so I was under assumption that the pads did give isolation boost but after extended listening it is more the sound more easily covering outside sounds rather than more isolation so I would say total isolation jumped about 20% so iy is up to you if that is worth the change.
To me the sound change makes it totally worth it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 3 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 4 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 9 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 9 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 10 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 11 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 11 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear