that's look kind a ESW9, but i expect something much more better with that price.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X Last post on 9/22/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin my review, I would like to Thank Meelectronics for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. It seems that everywhere you look you see another new...
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 3post #31 of 71110/18/12 at 10:43am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 71110/18/12 at 11:16am
I think the eleven should be has bigger cup size, and I really hope it's true because it will add the comfort level. Still, the design is very-very really like ESW9!post #33 of 71110/18/12 at 7:29pmpost #34 of 71110/19/12 at 1:27am
Just sharing some Audio-technica girl models with all Head-fiers, holding onto the ESW11LTD's in their finest glory. To be frank with you guys, after seeing the Echizen Urushi treatment on the ESW10JPN's, it's very hard for me to get stoked by the ESW11LTD as it's overall design is the same as the ESW9, which I currently own as well. Still I will try to report back my own findings about them if I ever do get a chance to get down to listening them, once their test units are available over here in Singapore.post #35 of 71110/19/12 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by dallan
53 inch drivers, like the ES10....hopefully a bit more neutral though. Still have the esw9 from release time and recently upgraded to the es10 that has a fuller sound but a bit of subwoofer emphasis for me. The 11 may just be what the Dr. ordered. Now how to swing it while saving for the TH900.........
53 INCHes ............... gonna be a blasssssst!!!!!!!!post #36 of 71110/19/12 at 1:08pm
ESW11LTD is actually quite different from ESW9. Coloring scheme they look alike. But ESW11LTD uses the 53mm driver that ES10 uses, and the head band is actually from ES10 as well. This could be a warmer sound ES10.
Amazon pre-order price is already down 49800, I would expect the price to go down furthure into the mid- 30k yen range. To me, it is kinda let-down, since I was expecting ESW11JPN with Echizen Urushi.post #37 of 71110/19/12 at 1:21pm
Same drivers as the ES10? Okay so it is an upgraded esw9 with ES10 drivers. That is interesting, wish i hadn't just bought the ES10s a few months back but here is the saving grace for me, does it have lambskin earpads like the esw9 because my only real gripe with the ES10's is the earpads are pleather. If the esw11 has lambskin i may be able to buy the pads eventually and replace the ones on the 10s. Please let it be so!post #38 of 71110/19/12 at 3:02pm
Tried to find out.
I have an interesting request for a part that may take a while to obtain. I would like to try to order earpads for the new release of the esw11 whenever they are availible. Long of it below.
I have a pair of ES10s and a pair of esw9's. There is a new release coming, the esw11 that uses the same size driver as the ES10s. The esw9's have very comfortable earpads made of lambskin but the ES10s have horribly uncomfortable pleater earpads. So here is my question, will it be or is it possible to order a pair of esw11 earpads, which I assume will be lambskin like their little brother the esw9, so i can replace them on the ES10s.
Sorry if i made a long story short, i have several AT products including the W3000anv so i am a fan but the ES10s are a little difficult to wear due to those pads and they weren't cheap to get imported from Japan(regrettably not sold in US).
Thanks for your help,post #39 of 71110/19/12 at 5:23pmThread Starter
I'm honestly disappointed by the appearance of the ESW11LTD as well (yes, yes... all about the music, focusing on aesthetics is shallow, blah blah). I was expecting lighter wood like the other Limited models. Instead they give it the reddish wood of the Sovereign line.
Seriously... making them look identical to the ESW9 is just weird and goes against precedent.
Edited by MuppetFace - 10/19/12 at 5:24pmpost #40 of 71110/20/12 at 6:28amThread Starter
I would have LOVED this to look more like the EW9-NR. It was a very limited version of their wooden clip-ons, and like all of their "Limited" models featured lighter wood:
IMHO that is what the wood on the ESW11LTD should ook like.post #41 of 71110/20/12 at 8:55am
Yeah, gotta say i agree, i would have rather gone with the esw10jpn model look myself for the 11's. I skipped that one and always regretted it. Every now and then you have to let one go by but that one would have been really nice to have.post #42 of 71110/20/12 at 4:58pm
Thanks for the information, dallan. I had thought about the possibility of a lambskin earpad for the ES10 as well, but didn't know I could ask for the part from Audio Technica.
Considering I really like how my ES10 sounds like, I'll definitely hound Audio Technica throughout 2013.post #43 of 71110/20/12 at 5:33pmpost #44 of 71110/21/12 at 8:50ampost #45 of 71110/21/12 at 12:53pm
I am getting nerdgasms here .
The ESW11 has a 53mm 44 Ohm driver and the ES10 has a 53mm 42 ohm driver. I do not know if this is just a manufacturing difference, since these ohmages are not accurate anyway. Maybe the driver is different. I would like to have one of these and also buy the lamb skin pads for my ES10. *drool*Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 500$ Desktop setup for gamer/bass lover 19 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 51 seconds ago
- › Headphone under $100 for classic rock and blues 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation ... 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by twister6
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2