I have no idea where my pair is... E-mailed Kaneda at PriceJapan, waiting for information. It's not like him to forget sending needed information though, maybe he's busy. But I sent the order around 1,5 weeks ago. = /
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X Last post on 9/22/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 18post #256 of 71612/26/12 at 2:15ampost #257 of 71612/26/12 at 10:06pmQuote:
Sad. You have ever used this site before? Never heard about it (heard only about audiocubes).post #258 of 71612/28/12 at 12:25pmpost #259 of 71612/29/12 at 11:11ampost #260 of 71612/31/12 at 8:55pmQuote:
Does anybody have both of ESW11LTD and W3000ANV? It would be cool to read the comparison on them. (WTB W3000ANV.)post #261 of 71612/31/12 at 10:07pmpost #262 of 7161/1/13 at 2:11ampost #263 of 7161/5/13 at 2:01am
Hey guys, I have the phones now, been having them for few days. I've been somewhat busy with other things so I have not done a serious compare yet. I can only say that they definitely are high quality headphones. I will try to do some testing later today. And.. Picture time! I love taking pictures.^__^post #264 of 7161/5/13 at 3:49ampost #265 of 7161/5/13 at 3:58ampost #266 of 7161/5/13 at 6:49amQuote:
Really? Doesn't seem to have moved much to me? It is 634 AUD, was 614 AUD a few days ago I think.
However, it still beats the Aussie RRP of $899... waiting to see what some of the other stores are going to offer it for. Also, hoping you guys will throw out a few more comparisons before I commit to a move, I'm enjoying the W3000ANV I picked up a few days ago though.post #267 of 7161/5/13 at 12:51pmpost #268 of 7161/5/13 at 1:40pm
Doing a compare now...
Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV driven by Luxman SQ-N100 (with Psvane EL84-T's), which is fed by ORB JADE 1-LTD.
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD driven from iPod Classic 160 Gb.
Might be unfair, but I think it's rather close to what they are intended for. I also don't like the idea of switching between phones several times as I don't know if it's good for the amplifier. ORB switched on some protection when I tested couple of phones back when I still had ATH-W1000X and used ORB as an amplifier too. In any case...
Quite naturally, ATH-ESW11LTD sounds less airy, more crowded. Smaller soundstage. Sound is harsher, less fine, more "in your face" than with the ATH-W3000ANV. Especially the highs. There's a bit more mid-bass, pleasantly punchy mid-bass. Lower bass is less tight, maybe also bit lesser in quantity than ATH-W3000ANV. Bass is fast but it also fades away fast, earlier roll-off. Vocals are good, but nowhere near as special as they are with ATH-W3000ANV. These are generally less warm too, definitely.
ATH-ESW11LTD is a good headphone with nothing exactly missing and I believe it gets better with use. Well, it still was not much of a compare. These are nice portable phones and as perhaps expected, not night and day with ATH-W3000ANV, not at all. ATH-W3000ANV is still much more pleasant and relaxing to listen to.post #269 of 7161/5/13 at 6:04pm
I'm not sure if I want these or the ED8... but then the question is do I really need these at all? Will be interesting to see the pricing of the ED8 with the newer Romeo and Juliet versions around.
Obvious answer is I don't seeing as I have the ESW9 and Momentum :(
Edited by billbro - 1/5/13 at 6:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cowon Plenue D 10 seconds ago
- › LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance 10 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 1 minute ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse