I have no idea where my pair is... E-mailed Kaneda at PriceJapan, waiting for information. It's not like him to forget sending needed information though, maybe he's busy. But I sent the order around 1,5 weeks ago. = /
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X Last post on 9/22/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 18post #256 of 70912/26/12 at 2:15am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #257 of 70912/26/12 at 10:06pmQuote:
Sad. You have ever used this site before? Never heard about it (heard only about audiocubes).post #258 of 70912/28/12 at 12:25pmpost #259 of 70912/29/12 at 11:11ampost #260 of 70912/31/12 at 8:55pmQuote:
Does anybody have both of ESW11LTD and W3000ANV? It would be cool to read the comparison on them. (WTB W3000ANV.)post #261 of 70912/31/12 at 10:07pmpost #262 of 7091/1/13 at 2:11ampost #263 of 7091/5/13 at 2:01am
Hey guys, I have the phones now, been having them for few days. I've been somewhat busy with other things so I have not done a serious compare yet. I can only say that they definitely are high quality headphones. I will try to do some testing later today. And.. Picture time! I love taking pictures.^__^post #264 of 7091/5/13 at 3:49ampost #265 of 7091/5/13 at 3:58ampost #266 of 7091/5/13 at 6:49amQuote:
Really? Doesn't seem to have moved much to me? It is 634 AUD, was 614 AUD a few days ago I think.
However, it still beats the Aussie RRP of $899... waiting to see what some of the other stores are going to offer it for. Also, hoping you guys will throw out a few more comparisons before I commit to a move, I'm enjoying the W3000ANV I picked up a few days ago though.post #267 of 7091/5/13 at 12:51pmpost #268 of 7091/5/13 at 1:40pm
Doing a compare now...
Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV driven by Luxman SQ-N100 (with Psvane EL84-T's), which is fed by ORB JADE 1-LTD.
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD driven from iPod Classic 160 Gb.
Might be unfair, but I think it's rather close to what they are intended for. I also don't like the idea of switching between phones several times as I don't know if it's good for the amplifier. ORB switched on some protection when I tested couple of phones back when I still had ATH-W1000X and used ORB as an amplifier too. In any case...
Quite naturally, ATH-ESW11LTD sounds less airy, more crowded. Smaller soundstage. Sound is harsher, less fine, more "in your face" than with the ATH-W3000ANV. Especially the highs. There's a bit more mid-bass, pleasantly punchy mid-bass. Lower bass is less tight, maybe also bit lesser in quantity than ATH-W3000ANV. Bass is fast but it also fades away fast, earlier roll-off. Vocals are good, but nowhere near as special as they are with ATH-W3000ANV. These are generally less warm too, definitely.
ATH-ESW11LTD is a good headphone with nothing exactly missing and I believe it gets better with use. Well, it still was not much of a compare. These are nice portable phones and as perhaps expected, not night and day with ATH-W3000ANV, not at all. ATH-W3000ANV is still much more pleasant and relaxing to listen to.post #269 of 7091/5/13 at 6:04pm
I'm not sure if I want these or the ED8... but then the question is do I really need these at all? Will be interesting to see the pricing of the ED8 with the newer Romeo and Juliet versions around.
Obvious answer is I don't seeing as I have the ESW9 and Momentum :(
Edited by billbro - 1/5/13 at 6:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 44 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 8 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo (2nd Edition, B-Stock) 11 minutes ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 11 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2