By the way, if anyone wants, I can purchase ESW11 here and send it abroad. I won't pay the paypal fees or shipping or tax though. I will only send EMS though. The current price is 49.800 yen including taxes. The pre-order at 44.800 or whatever it was, seems over.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X Last post on 9/22/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Welcome to my first review DanaCable Lazuli SH HP Cable versus Moon Audio Black Dragon HD800 HP Cable Preliminaries I tend to hear subtle...
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 10post #136 of 71711/20/12 at 2:47pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #137 of 71711/20/12 at 2:48pm
Thanks for the review link, if only I was fluent in Japanese. >.<
Made a standing offer on a gorgeous used pair of 3000ANVs just now, and still have my eyes on these, so what I've picked up from this thread has been quite helpful.
Looking forward to your review shigzeo!post #138 of 71711/20/12 at 7:46pm
Actually the price has gone back up. I got mine for under a thousand dollars and now they can't be found for under $1299. that i can see.post #139 of 71711/20/12 at 10:43pmQuote:
More like a ES10 turned wood. Doesn't spark my enthusiasm that much. The headband design is almost identical to the old ES models (not to mention, the same weak plastic material which doesn't promote good durability) which means this too will not isolate that good. And the lambskin... for me, it's better off with leather jackets than in headphones because they are terrible grime magnets, not really suitable for portable usage. Could've been better if they used protein leather instead. The ES700 though is quite interesting. I wonder when will AT release another non-limited wooden portable.
Edited by lotusbloom - 11/20/12 at 11:27pmpost #140 of 71711/20/12 at 11:37pm
Well, they're in. Isolation is better than the ES10 by quite a margin. The pads are on-ear, not circumaural ala the ESW9 pads on the ES10. My ears are tiny and these pads sit ON them, not around them. But, it is a comfortable fit.
Soundwise: wider than ES10 is, and slightly deeper soundstage, but I've not spend enough time with them yet to say so definitively. Very similar sound style, but less energetic, slight speed hump in lower midrange. Overall, very nice, mature sounding headphones.
As for build: worse than ES10, which apart from horrible earpads, had good overall polish. The ESW11 has awkward seems and joins; the wood is thinly enamelled; paint brush marks are visible, rubber grommets break the continuity of the wood housings.
The cables and harness are the same used in the ES10, which I feel is fine. At first, I wasn't keen on the ES10's design, but after two years with them, I'm fine with them, though they are form over functional quality. These are no DT770 and will break with rough usage.
The 700$ question: I don't know how to answer yet. Damn fine sounding headphones that look, and function, like 400-500$ portable headphones. I know I'll love them eventually, but first sights do not really put the ESW11LTD in good light.post #141 of 71711/20/12 at 11:46pmpost #142 of 71711/21/12 at 12:34ampost #143 of 71711/21/12 at 6:28am
Thanks for the impression, shigzeo.
Yeah, I half-expected the ESW11LTD to sound more like a ES10 with a bit more warmth (wood signature) and bigger soundstage (thanks to the ear pads pushing the drivers further away).
Looks like it's not enough of an enhancement to justify 2x the price tag of the ES10 for me.post #144 of 71711/21/12 at 2:51pmBreaking in my ESW11LTD as well.
I have not heard the ES10 so I can't compare those but it sounds warm but not overly warm either.
Definitely a much more prominent bass presence than I'm used too (but not at the levels of the esw9).post #145 of 71711/21/12 at 6:51pmpost #146 of 71711/21/12 at 8:56pm
Well, considering the ES10 can be had here (in the US) for $399 brand new, and that the ESW11LTD imported at the lowest price I've seen is around $700 something, it's close to 2x.post #147 of 71711/21/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Well, that depends on location. Over here in Singapore, at usual price, the ESW11 Ltd (798 SGD) is slightly more expensive than ES10 (729 SGD). But I bought it at pre-order price of $638 which makes the ESW11 almost 100 SGD cheaper!post #148 of 71711/21/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
there is a neat website called "tenso.com" . They can forward packages for you at a relative cheap fee. You will have a Japanese address after registering and they accept paypal for payment. Their Enlgish site is very professional done unlike some other site. A 500g package(same as ESW11) cost roughly 2500 yen. PriceJapan killer is what I would say.post #149 of 71711/21/12 at 9:30pm
That is way better than I could ever do. Tensoo FTW.
Wow, the ES10 is so cheap in the USA. But... almost every headphone is so damn cheap there. Westone 4 here go for over 500$, same with SM3, and Japanese headphones are generally more expensive, too. Damn.post #150 of 71711/21/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
It's a pity that all the headphones I like dwell in the land of the rising sun.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 2 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 44 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor) 44 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 1 minute ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Having issue access Head-fi 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Danacable Lazuli SH for Sennheiser HD800 / 800S by FLTWS
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...