By the way, if anyone wants, I can purchase ESW11 here and send it abroad. I won't pay the paypal fees or shipping or tax though. I will only send EMS though. The current price is 49.800 yen including taxes. The pre-order at 44.800 or whatever it was, seems over.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If audio companies started marketing... Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica Releases: A500X, A700X, A900X Last post on 9/22/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones Last post on 9/6/12 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD - Page 10post #136 of 71611/20/12 at 2:47pmpost #137 of 71611/20/12 at 2:48pm
Thanks for the review link, if only I was fluent in Japanese. >.<
Made a standing offer on a gorgeous used pair of 3000ANVs just now, and still have my eyes on these, so what I've picked up from this thread has been quite helpful.
Looking forward to your review shigzeo!post #138 of 71611/20/12 at 7:46pm
Actually the price has gone back up. I got mine for under a thousand dollars and now they can't be found for under $1299. that i can see.post #139 of 71611/20/12 at 10:43pmQuote:
More like a ES10 turned wood. Doesn't spark my enthusiasm that much. The headband design is almost identical to the old ES models (not to mention, the same weak plastic material which doesn't promote good durability) which means this too will not isolate that good. And the lambskin... for me, it's better off with leather jackets than in headphones because they are terrible grime magnets, not really suitable for portable usage. Could've been better if they used protein leather instead. The ES700 though is quite interesting. I wonder when will AT release another non-limited wooden portable.
Edited by lotusbloom - 11/20/12 at 11:27pmpost #140 of 71611/20/12 at 11:37pm
Well, they're in. Isolation is better than the ES10 by quite a margin. The pads are on-ear, not circumaural ala the ESW9 pads on the ES10. My ears are tiny and these pads sit ON them, not around them. But, it is a comfortable fit.
Soundwise: wider than ES10 is, and slightly deeper soundstage, but I've not spend enough time with them yet to say so definitively. Very similar sound style, but less energetic, slight speed hump in lower midrange. Overall, very nice, mature sounding headphones.
As for build: worse than ES10, which apart from horrible earpads, had good overall polish. The ESW11 has awkward seems and joins; the wood is thinly enamelled; paint brush marks are visible, rubber grommets break the continuity of the wood housings.
The cables and harness are the same used in the ES10, which I feel is fine. At first, I wasn't keen on the ES10's design, but after two years with them, I'm fine with them, though they are form over functional quality. These are no DT770 and will break with rough usage.
The 700$ question: I don't know how to answer yet. Damn fine sounding headphones that look, and function, like 400-500$ portable headphones. I know I'll love them eventually, but first sights do not really put the ESW11LTD in good light.post #141 of 71611/20/12 at 11:46pmpost #142 of 71611/21/12 at 12:34ampost #143 of 71611/21/12 at 6:28am
Thanks for the impression, shigzeo.
Yeah, I half-expected the ESW11LTD to sound more like a ES10 with a bit more warmth (wood signature) and bigger soundstage (thanks to the ear pads pushing the drivers further away).
Looks like it's not enough of an enhancement to justify 2x the price tag of the ES10 for me.post #144 of 71611/21/12 at 2:51pmBreaking in my ESW11LTD as well.
I have not heard the ES10 so I can't compare those but it sounds warm but not overly warm either.
Definitely a much more prominent bass presence than I'm used too (but not at the levels of the esw9).post #145 of 71611/21/12 at 6:51pmpost #146 of 71611/21/12 at 8:56pm
Well, considering the ES10 can be had here (in the US) for $399 brand new, and that the ESW11LTD imported at the lowest price I've seen is around $700 something, it's close to 2x.post #147 of 71611/21/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Well, that depends on location. Over here in Singapore, at usual price, the ESW11 Ltd (798 SGD) is slightly more expensive than ES10 (729 SGD). But I bought it at pre-order price of $638 which makes the ESW11 almost 100 SGD cheaper!post #148 of 71611/21/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
there is a neat website called "tenso.com" . They can forward packages for you at a relative cheap fee. You will have a Japanese address after registering and they accept paypal for payment. Their Enlgish site is very professional done unlike some other site. A 500g package(same as ESW11) cost roughly 2500 yen. PriceJapan killer is what I would say.post #149 of 71611/21/12 at 9:30pm
That is way better than I could ever do. Tensoo FTW.
Wow, the ES10 is so cheap in the USA. But... almost every headphone is so damn cheap there. Westone 4 here go for over 500$, same with SM3, and Japanese headphones are generally more expensive, too. Damn.post #150 of 71611/21/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
It's a pity that all the headphones I like dwell in the land of the rising sun.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 59 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › low quality cable out of pc into chain of cleaning defeats purpose... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse