It could just be the source clipping, or drivers bottoming out. In any case, did you set the headphones to very high levels?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 10/15/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 10/15/12
- productPioneer SE-D10MT-K Steez DubstepOn Ear DJ Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 10/15/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good bass + comfortable headphone suggestions? Last post on 9/19/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need to buy new headphones Recommendation Last post on 9/9/12 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for bass heavy headphones. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60 - Page 4post #46 of 9810/22/12 at 5:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 9810/22/12 at 5:39pmThread StarterQuote:
When I used pink noise I did set the headphones to a decently high level. Not too loud but pretty loud. And when I used the headphones to listen to dubstep I listened to it almost as loud as I set the pink noise.post #48 of 9810/22/12 at 5:42pmQuote:
You should've set them slightly higher than what you usually set for listening, not too much beyond that. Basically I'm saying you should break them in easily. And drop the pink noise, use music.post #49 of 9810/22/12 at 6:37pmThread Starterpost #50 of 9810/22/12 at 7:14pmpost #51 of 9810/22/12 at 8:23pmThread StarterQuote:
When I try different tracks then it stops happening at all levels. But on the tracks that it does click, it keeps clicking regardless of the level. If I burn them in more using music, will the clicking go away?post #52 of 9810/22/12 at 8:26pmQuote:post #53 of 9810/22/12 at 8:39pm
You said you got the XB's for 52?
I suggest you spare $30 and get the Panasonics for comparison.
I honestly don't know why people keep recommending the XB500's when the Panasonics are better.
Only disadvantage to them is that it is semi-open meaning AT CERTAIN LEVELS, your neighbor will hear your music.
Edited by atomikn00b - 10/22/12 at 8:40pmpost #54 of 9810/22/12 at 8:54pmThread Starterpost #55 of 9810/22/12 at 9:06pm
Check whether you have any sort of equalization active on the background, it seems the signal might be too boosted, causing your issues. Also, try the headphones on other devices, as well as trying different headphones on those problematic tracks.post #56 of 9810/22/12 at 11:17pmThread StarterOk well I don't have any EQs turned on or anything. The track sounds fine when I listened to in using my titans and it seems like it clicks on "drum" notes only. Or when there's a lot of mids, highs, and lows together at the same time. I can listen to pure bass boosted songs with no clicking whatsoever but on some songs like vava boom (bassnectar) vision (gemini) or bass cannon (flux pavilion) it have a lot of litle clicking noises. But I can listen to songs like timestretch (bassnectar) and bass head bass boosted (bassnectar) with minimal clicking. (Timestretch has none at all) all of these songs where played at 192kbps. With no EQ on my iPod touch.post #57 of 9810/23/12 at 1:42am
don't mean to confuse things but i just tried jvc ha-s600 after hearing *some* good things about it on here and having a generally positive opinion of jvc's products. i'm actually pretty surprised at their capability. got them for 30 bucks so don't expect miracles, but they seem pretty damn bass heavy (at least to my untuned ears), not OVERLY boomy but actually a damn good sense of space and surprising capability with detail and instrument separation. the highs are pretty subdued so if you're expecting Grado-like energy for rock they don't provide that, but they do serve pretty well in the bass department. if quantity is all you're after they definitely don't beat the XB500s, but they cover the whole spectrum pretty well, and serve their purpose as a warm, laid-back headphone pretty well. consider them a Bose Triport that's reasonably priced. :Dpost #58 of 9810/23/12 at 4:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Shadowruse
Ok well I don't have any EQs turned on or anything. The track sounds fine when I listened to in using my titans and it seems like it clicks on "drum" notes only. Or when there's a lot of mids, highs, and lows together at the same time. I can listen to pure bass boosted songs with no clicking whatsoever but on some songs like vava boom (bassnectar) vision (gemini) or bass cannon (flux pavilion) it have a lot of litle clicking noises. But I can listen to songs like timestretch (bassnectar) and bass head bass boosted (bassnectar) with minimal clicking. (Timestretch has none at all) all of these songs where played at 192kbps. With no EQ on my iPod touch.
If you have access to another source like a computer try that. But since it clicks on your Titans as well, I don't think the XB500s are the problem.
Edited by HesterDW - 10/23/12 at 4:06ampost #59 of 9810/23/12 at 6:52amThread Starterpost #60 of 9810/23/12 at 7:32amQuote:
It's the source.
Believe it or not. A lot of dubstep songs have that clicking in the back. Most especially if they are not high quality recordings.
Almost always it is timed with the beat of the song.
I noticed them when as I got more detailed/revealing iems and headphones.
So. maybe it's just testament that despite the hella bass and "muted" mids and highs, the XB500s are better than your titans?
- Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 15 seconds ago
- › MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread 19 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 25 seconds ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements 2 minutes ago
- › usb to dac or s/pif to dac better? 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 3 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)