If you wanna stay within budget, go with the XB500s. Although be careful of fakes on Amazon! B&H has them for almost the same price, and they're guaranteed genuine. If you're willing to stretch your budget a little, I would highly recommend the Creative Aurvana Live. Nice EDM cans with plenty of detail. And I do recommend paying the little extra. In the audio world, it's always a good idea to go a little farther. You'll be satisfied for longer rather than buying the merely decent set of cans, still serviceable, but they leave you wanting more.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 10/15/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 10/15/12
- productPioneer SE-D10MT-K Steez DubstepOn Ear DJ Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 10/15/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good bass + comfortable headphone suggestions? Last post on 9/19/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need to buy new headphones Recommendation Last post on 9/9/12 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for bass heavy headphones. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 9810/21/12 at 10:15pmThread StarterOk so I just got my xb500 and I love it so far. I'm just wondering if I should burn it in or not using an app called "burn in" in App Store. (There are 2 frequencys, white noise and pink noise. I'm just wondering if I should burn them in and if so how long?post #33 of 9810/21/12 at 10:24pmQuote:
Just listen to them normally, and possibly leave them playing when not listening during an initial period, and they will burn in naturally.
I haven't heard the XB500 requiring many hours, though.post #34 of 9810/21/12 at 10:50pmThread StarterQuote:
So are you saying I should burn my headphones in like overnight when I'm asleep or not using it?post #35 of 9810/21/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Yes. Leave music playing at a slightly higher volume than you usually listen to.post #36 of 9810/22/12 at 9:57amThread StarterQuote:
Ok so when I burn them in, how long should I burn them in and should I use more "white noise" to burn them in or "pink noise"to burn them in?post #37 of 9810/22/12 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #38 of 9810/22/12 at 10:12amQuote:
Yep. Just a playlist with multiple songs is fine. I've even just set my entire library on repeat and shuffle, figuring that will give 'em a good variety of music.post #39 of 9810/22/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Just let music run slightly louder than your average listening levels when you go to sleep or aren't using them, and listen to them as you would, and they will burn in by themselves. I honestly don't think pink or white noise is required.post #40 of 9810/22/12 at 11:44amThread StarterQuote:
Ok well I'm using pink noise in them at the moment and the reason is because pink noise is a noise that uses all frequencies 20 to 20000. So in a sence, it's burning in all frequency levels at the same time and evenly. Am I right?post #41 of 9810/22/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
Careful with pink noise. It has been known to blow drivers. Just use music.post #42 of 9810/22/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
If you want to make sure you're doing an even burn in, get high quality classical music recordings, that go through the entire spectrum, and don't pose a risk for drivers. But even regular (read, without much compression) music will work just fine.post #43 of 9810/22/12 at 2:40pmThread StarterOk so I've burned my xb500 I for about 2 hours now using pink noise and I'm starting to notice some clicking sounds on very intense bass songs. It will only click on the bass heavy parts. Is this normal? And will this come out after I burn them in? Also, roller, are you saying that pink noir can damage the diaphram drivers?post #44 of 9810/22/12 at 3:47pm
- Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 9 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 11 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 12 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 15 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 18 minutes ago
- › Gearbest's Headphones Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 19 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 20 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear