If you wanna stay within budget, go with the XB500s. Although be careful of fakes on Amazon! B&H has them for almost the same price, and they're guaranteed genuine. If you're willing to stretch your budget a little, I would highly recommend the Creative Aurvana Live. Nice EDM cans with plenty of detail. And I do recommend paying the little extra. In the audio world, it's always a good idea to go a little farther. You'll be satisfied for longer rather than buying the merely decent set of cans, still serviceable, but they leave you wanting more.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 10/15/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 10/15/12
- productPioneer SE-D10MT-K Steez DubstepOn Ear DJ Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 10/15/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good bass + comfortable headphone suggestions? Last post on 9/19/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need to buy new headphones Recommendation Last post on 9/9/12 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for bass heavy headphones. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 9810/21/12 at 10:15pmThread StarterOk so I just got my xb500 and I love it so far. I'm just wondering if I should burn it in or not using an app called "burn in" in App Store. (There are 2 frequencys, white noise and pink noise. I'm just wondering if I should burn them in and if so how long?post #33 of 9810/21/12 at 10:24pmQuote:
Just listen to them normally, and possibly leave them playing when not listening during an initial period, and they will burn in naturally.
I haven't heard the XB500 requiring many hours, though.post #34 of 9810/21/12 at 10:50pmThread StarterQuote:
So are you saying I should burn my headphones in like overnight when I'm asleep or not using it?post #35 of 9810/21/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Yes. Leave music playing at a slightly higher volume than you usually listen to.post #36 of 9810/22/12 at 9:57amThread StarterQuote:
Ok so when I burn them in, how long should I burn them in and should I use more "white noise" to burn them in or "pink noise"to burn them in?post #37 of 9810/22/12 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #38 of 9810/22/12 at 10:12amQuote:
Yep. Just a playlist with multiple songs is fine. I've even just set my entire library on repeat and shuffle, figuring that will give 'em a good variety of music.post #39 of 9810/22/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Just let music run slightly louder than your average listening levels when you go to sleep or aren't using them, and listen to them as you would, and they will burn in by themselves. I honestly don't think pink or white noise is required.post #40 of 9810/22/12 at 11:44amThread StarterQuote:
Ok well I'm using pink noise in them at the moment and the reason is because pink noise is a noise that uses all frequencies 20 to 20000. So in a sence, it's burning in all frequency levels at the same time and evenly. Am I right?post #41 of 9810/22/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
Careful with pink noise. It has been known to blow drivers. Just use music.post #42 of 9810/22/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
If you want to make sure you're doing an even burn in, get high quality classical music recordings, that go through the entire spectrum, and don't pose a risk for drivers. But even regular (read, without much compression) music will work just fine.post #43 of 9810/22/12 at 2:40pmThread StarterOk so I've burned my xb500 I for about 2 hours now using pink noise and I'm starting to notice some clicking sounds on very intense bass songs. It will only click on the bass heavy parts. Is this normal? And will this come out after I burn them in? Also, roller, are you saying that pink noir can damage the diaphram drivers?post #44 of 9810/22/12 at 3:47pm
- Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The... 3 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear