If you wanna stay within budget, go with the XB500s. Although be careful of fakes on Amazon! B&H has them for almost the same price, and they're guaranteed genuine. If you're willing to stretch your budget a little, I would highly recommend the Creative Aurvana Live. Nice EDM cans with plenty of detail. And I do recommend paying the little extra. In the audio world, it's always a good idea to go a little farther. You'll be satisfied for longer rather than buying the merely decent set of cans, still serviceable, but they leave you wanting more.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 10/15/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 10/15/12
- productPioneer SE-D10MT-K Steez DubstepOn Ear DJ Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 10/15/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good bass + comfortable headphone suggestions? Last post on 9/19/11 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need to buy new headphones Recommendation Last post on 9/9/12 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for bass heavy headphones. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 9810/21/12 at 10:15pmThread StarterOk so I just got my xb500 and I love it so far. I'm just wondering if I should burn it in or not using an app called "burn in" in App Store. (There are 2 frequencys, white noise and pink noise. I'm just wondering if I should burn them in and if so how long?post #33 of 9810/21/12 at 10:24pmQuote:
Just listen to them normally, and possibly leave them playing when not listening during an initial period, and they will burn in naturally.
I haven't heard the XB500 requiring many hours, though.post #34 of 9810/21/12 at 10:50pmThread StarterQuote:
So are you saying I should burn my headphones in like overnight when I'm asleep or not using it?post #35 of 9810/21/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Yes. Leave music playing at a slightly higher volume than you usually listen to.post #36 of 9810/22/12 at 9:57amThread StarterQuote:
Ok so when I burn them in, how long should I burn them in and should I use more "white noise" to burn them in or "pink noise"to burn them in?post #37 of 9810/22/12 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #38 of 9810/22/12 at 10:12amQuote:
Yep. Just a playlist with multiple songs is fine. I've even just set my entire library on repeat and shuffle, figuring that will give 'em a good variety of music.post #39 of 9810/22/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Just let music run slightly louder than your average listening levels when you go to sleep or aren't using them, and listen to them as you would, and they will burn in by themselves. I honestly don't think pink or white noise is required.post #40 of 9810/22/12 at 11:44amThread StarterQuote:
Ok well I'm using pink noise in them at the moment and the reason is because pink noise is a noise that uses all frequencies 20 to 20000. So in a sence, it's burning in all frequency levels at the same time and evenly. Am I right?post #41 of 9810/22/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
Careful with pink noise. It has been known to blow drivers. Just use music.post #42 of 9810/22/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
If you want to make sure you're doing an even burn in, get high quality classical music recordings, that go through the entire spectrum, and don't pose a risk for drivers. But even regular (read, without much compression) music will work just fine.post #43 of 9810/22/12 at 2:40pmThread StarterOk so I've burned my xb500 I for about 2 hours now using pink noise and I'm starting to notice some clicking sounds on very intense bass songs. It will only click on the bass heavy parts. Is this normal? And will this come out after I burn them in? Also, roller, are you saying that pink noir can damage the diaphram drivers?post #44 of 9810/22/12 at 3:47pm
- Looking for good headphones with great bass for dubstep music under $60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 17 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 25 seconds ago
- › Brooko's Reviews - Past & Future 27 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 44 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Aroma audio: Witch Girl S and Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...