Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone help? Should i get an amp for Sennheisers or buy new headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone help? Should i get an amp for Sennheisers or buy new headphones?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 439's, should I buy a Fiio e11 amp with L9 LOD to upgrade my sennheisers, or should I buy V-Moda Crossfade LP's or ATH-M50s?

 

Requirements of New Headphones:

 

Budget ( 100-200)

 

Circumaural, closed back

 

Sound isolation (no battery)

 

obviously have to be better than Sennhesier HD 439's, theyre good, clear, pretty good lows, mids and highs, but Id like more. The sennhesiers also have cloth earpad adn instead of leatherette ones. id rather have leatherette. and I would a lose like headphones that feel more sturdy than the plastic on the sennheisers. 

 

Thankyou everyone

 

Also: if there is a better headphones than the three i mentioned and they are in the budget, ($235 is max) then please tell me!

post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLD View Post

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 439's, should I buy a Fiio e11 amp with L9 LOD to upgrade my sennheisers, or should I buy V-Moda Crossfade LP's or ATH-M50s?

Requirements of New Headphones:

Budget ( 100-200)

Circumaural, closed back

Sound isolation (no battery)

obviously have to be better than Sennhesier HD 439's, theyre good, clear, pretty good lows, mids and highs, but Id like more. The sennhesiers also have cloth earpad adn instead of leatherette ones. id rather have leatherette. and I would a lose like headphones that feel more sturdy than the plastic on the sennheisers. 

Also: if there is a better headphones than the three i mentioned and they are in the budget, ($235 is max) then please tell me!

So, we can assume this is for some apple product?

Something portable?

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

So, we can assume this is for some apple product?
Something portable?

Yes I'll be pushing my iPhone or ipod
post #4 of 8

the VModa has more bass than the M50,
M50 is fairly neutral with a slight V sound but the VModa has a bass elevated sound, 
overall my guess is that the M50 would be better for you

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

the VModa has more bass than the M50,

M50 is fairly neutral with a slight V sound but the VModa has a bass elevated sound, 

overall my guess is that the M50 would be better for you

So although the vmodas have better bass, you're recommending the flatter softer m50's?
post #6 of 8

well what do you mean by softer?

also im not completely sure what kind of sound signature you are after

post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

well what do you mean by softer?

also im not completely sure what kind of sound signature you are after

Well I am looking for something that has good thump bass, and really crisp sound. good lows mids and highs. 

post #8 of 8

SRH840 i would guess, really crisp mids and highs and not boomy lows

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Headphone help? Should i get an amp for Sennheisers or buy new headphones?