I already have the Sony mdr XB500s for 10 months now and i love them but now i want something with moderate bass. I also want something that is clear-er and that is fun to listen to.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/16/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 10/16/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD) Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Headphones with good bass under $150?post #1 of 610/13/12 at 10:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/13/12 at 10:48am
I like the JVC HA-S500s for a slightly more balanced headphone that still has nice, big, slightly boomy bass. If you don't like the idea of an on-ear set, then the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO headphone gets a lot of love around here too.post #3 of 610/13/12 at 10:53ampost #4 of 610/13/12 at 11:07am
Audio Technica's ATH-M50's are around $150, not sure how much currently, Amazon can help you with that.
Great isolation, strong, punchy bass, and are very reliable. Definitely clear sounds if you don't pump the volume up sky high with low quality music.post #5 of 610/13/12 at 11:48ampost #6 of 610/16/12 at 6:44pmQuote:
+1 on both HD25 and M80, and I recommend the M50s as well :)
- Headphones with good bass under $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 18 seconds ago
- › Help deciding on which headphones to try 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 58 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560: AN IMPROVED HE-500? OR SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT? 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 3 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)