I already have the Sony mdr XB500s for 10 months now and i love them but now i want something with moderate bass. I also want something that is clear-er and that is fun to listen to.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/16/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 10/16/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD) Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
Headphones with good bass under $150?post #1 of 610/13/12 at 10:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/13/12 at 10:48am
I like the JVC HA-S500s for a slightly more balanced headphone that still has nice, big, slightly boomy bass. If you don't like the idea of an on-ear set, then the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO headphone gets a lot of love around here too.post #3 of 610/13/12 at 10:53ampost #4 of 610/13/12 at 11:07am
Audio Technica's ATH-M50's are around $150, not sure how much currently, Amazon can help you with that.
Great isolation, strong, punchy bass, and are very reliable. Definitely clear sounds if you don't pump the volume up sky high with low quality music.post #5 of 610/13/12 at 11:48ampost #6 of 610/16/12 at 6:44pmQuote:
+1 on both HD25 and M80, and I recommend the M50s as well :)
- Headphones with good bass under $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Stax Thread III 25 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 45 seconds ago
- › Closed Back Headphones: Stepping Up From A Lawton TH600 Advice Needed 58 seconds ago
- › wharfedale or MartinLogan bookshelf speakers? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE530 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)