I already have the Sony mdr XB500s for 10 months now and i love them but now i want something with moderate bass. I also want something that is clear-er and that is fun to listen to.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/16/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 10/16/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/16/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 10/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD) Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
Headphones with good bass under $150?post #1 of 610/13/12 at 10:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/13/12 at 10:48am
I like the JVC HA-S500s for a slightly more balanced headphone that still has nice, big, slightly boomy bass. If you don't like the idea of an on-ear set, then the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO headphone gets a lot of love around here too.post #3 of 610/13/12 at 10:53ampost #4 of 610/13/12 at 11:07am
Audio Technica's ATH-M50's are around $150, not sure how much currently, Amazon can help you with that.
Great isolation, strong, punchy bass, and are very reliable. Definitely clear sounds if you don't pump the volume up sky high with low quality music.post #5 of 610/13/12 at 11:48ampost #6 of 610/16/12 at 6:44pmQuote:
+1 on both HD25 and M80, and I recommend the M50s as well :)
- Headphones with good bass under $150?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 21 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 59 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Rev 2 (non-Fazor) 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Mostly Neutral, slightly warm headphones for Jazz 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)