I don't know. Wouldn't it be better for US residents to buy in the US because of import duties and warranty cover ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Whats a good step up from the D5000s? Last post on 11/18/14 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gonna spend some money - I don't need advice, just fellow audiophiles to discuss options... Last post on 11/16/14 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- iem recommendation Last post on 11/15/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM with balanced connector? (compared to TH600) Last post on 11/11/14 at 11:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultrasone Edition 8 alternatives Last post on 11/12/14 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would love the have the fostex Urushi finish on all my computer parts. Monitor, tower, keyboard, mouse, desk mic, mouse pad, etc etc. Would be so sexy and I would pay for all of it right here right now, even though I'm low on cash.
There you go.
There seems to be more talk about the dislike of the TH-900 housing (not even pip-squeak about it's sound) than there is about the TH-600. Fair enough it's not out yet but I'm not certain if it's really necessarily to change this thread to a "trash the TH-900 earcups" topic.
Back on topic. Here's the TH-600 quite worn after going through 2 tours of events- CanJam and Fujiya Autumn Festival. Seeing how the black is rubbing off, I'm going to guess that that's not the final finish. Hopefully the final look retains a the Batman matt black look but in a more durable coating.
More pictures of the TH600
There's a bit of repeated info where I took the pictures (http://www.phileweb.com/news/audio/201210/27/12671.html):
-- closed type equipped with a 50mm dynamic driver of the same caliber and TH900
-- magnetic flux density of 1 Tesla strength it will be a feature on this unit
-- was adopted and black finish magnesium in the housing
-- Expression both out, detachable cable is not available.
-- release is scheduled for early next spring
-- price is assumed to be less than 100,000 yen. [less than 1250 USD] ""
(translated from Japanese by Google)
Shut up and take my.. TH600 ! prototype
Edited by devouringone3 - 10/31/12 at 11:08pm
Good to see Fostex appear to have thickened the Dx000 pads to nearly J$/Lawton Audio levels with these, maybe they looked at what head-fi users have been doing?
Any impressions on how the TH600 sounds yet?
Like AnakChan is guessing, I also think the TH600 production model will feature a different finish, so that micro-scratches don't reveal bare metal so easily:
Yes the finish of the TH900 did change from prototype to production. The shape of the cups and pads also changed.
Personally I prefer to have less isolation and less compression, so I prefer the TH900 pads to the Jmoney/Lawton.
Edited by devouringone3 - 11/17/12 at 2:26pm
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 20 seconds ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 16 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Art Club 3 minutes ago
- › The Soundstage Head Club 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current 2A3MKIV 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)