I don't know. Wouldn't it be better for US residents to buy in the US because of import duties and warranty cover ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gaming Headphone Recommendation Last post on 2/12/15 at 1:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed headphones Last post on 1/28/15 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would love the have the fostex Urushi finish on all my computer parts. Monitor, tower, keyboard, mouse, desk mic, mouse pad, etc etc. Would be so sexy and I would pay for all of it right here right now, even though I'm low on cash.
There you go.
There seems to be more talk about the dislike of the TH-900 housing (not even pip-squeak about it's sound) than there is about the TH-600. Fair enough it's not out yet but I'm not certain if it's really necessarily to change this thread to a "trash the TH-900 earcups" topic.
Back on topic. Here's the TH-600 quite worn after going through 2 tours of events- CanJam and Fujiya Autumn Festival. Seeing how the black is rubbing off, I'm going to guess that that's not the final finish. Hopefully the final look retains a the Batman matt black look but in a more durable coating.
More pictures of the TH600
There's a bit of repeated info where I took the pictures (http://www.phileweb.com/news/audio/201210/27/12671.html):
-- closed type equipped with a 50mm dynamic driver of the same caliber and TH900
-- magnetic flux density of 1 Tesla strength it will be a feature on this unit
-- was adopted and black finish magnesium in the housing
-- Expression both out, detachable cable is not available.
-- release is scheduled for early next spring
-- price is assumed to be less than 100,000 yen. [less than 1250 USD] ""
(translated from Japanese by Google)
Shut up and take my.. TH600 ! prototype
Edited by devouringone3 - 10/31/12 at 11:08pm
Good to see Fostex appear to have thickened the Dx000 pads to nearly J$/Lawton Audio levels with these, maybe they looked at what head-fi users have been doing?
Any impressions on how the TH600 sounds yet?
Like AnakChan is guessing, I also think the TH600 production model will feature a different finish, so that micro-scratches don't reveal bare metal so easily:
Yes the finish of the TH900 did change from prototype to production. The shape of the cups and pads also changed.
Personally I prefer to have less isolation and less compression, so I prefer the TH900 pads to the Jmoney/Lawton.
Edited by devouringone3 - 11/17/12 at 2:26pm
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for some all around headphones. 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Using a DAP as a DAC for a desktop amp 5 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2