I don't know. Wouldn't it be better for US residents to buy in the US because of import duties and warranty cover ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Hello, denon d600 - fostex th600 Last post on 7/27/14 at 1:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade from HD600: Shure 1540 or Fostex TH600? Last post on 6/14/14 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Warm & fast: AKG K712 Pro or Shure SRH 1540 ??? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Paired with the TH600/Mad Dogs Pro. Last post on 6/4/14 at 1:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would love the have the fostex Urushi finish on all my computer parts. Monitor, tower, keyboard, mouse, desk mic, mouse pad, etc etc. Would be so sexy and I would pay for all of it right here right now, even though I'm low on cash.
There you go.
There seems to be more talk about the dislike of the TH-900 housing (not even pip-squeak about it's sound) than there is about the TH-600. Fair enough it's not out yet but I'm not certain if it's really necessarily to change this thread to a "trash the TH-900 earcups" topic.
Back on topic. Here's the TH-600 quite worn after going through 2 tours of events- CanJam and Fujiya Autumn Festival. Seeing how the black is rubbing off, I'm going to guess that that's not the final finish. Hopefully the final look retains a the Batman matt black look but in a more durable coating.
More pictures of the TH600
There's a bit of repeated info where I took the pictures (http://www.phileweb.com/news/audio/201210/27/12671.html):
-- closed type equipped with a 50mm dynamic driver of the same caliber and TH900
-- magnetic flux density of 1 Tesla strength it will be a feature on this unit
-- was adopted and black finish magnesium in the housing
-- Expression both out, detachable cable is not available.
-- release is scheduled for early next spring
-- price is assumed to be less than 100,000 yen. [less than 1250 USD] ""
(translated from Japanese by Google)
Shut up and take my.. TH600 ! prototype
Edited by devouringone3 - 10/31/12 at 11:08pm
Good to see Fostex appear to have thickened the Dx000 pads to nearly J$/Lawton Audio levels with these, maybe they looked at what head-fi users have been doing?
Any impressions on how the TH600 sounds yet?
Like AnakChan is guessing, I also think the TH600 production model will feature a different finish, so that micro-scratches don't reveal bare metal so easily:
Yes the finish of the TH900 did change from prototype to production. The shape of the cups and pads also changed.
Personally I prefer to have less isolation and less compression, so I prefer the TH900 pads to the Jmoney/Lawton.
Edited by devouringone3 - 11/17/12 at 2:26pm
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › Jospeh Grado HP2 / HP1000 37 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 4 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 7 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for $200 budget? 8 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 8 minutes ago
- › how much of your music collection have you actually listened to? 10 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)