I don't know. Wouldn't it be better for US residents to buy in the US because of import duties and warranty cover ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gaming Headphone Recommendation Last post on 2/12/15 at 1:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed headphones Last post on 1/28/15 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would love the have the fostex Urushi finish on all my computer parts. Monitor, tower, keyboard, mouse, desk mic, mouse pad, etc etc. Would be so sexy and I would pay for all of it right here right now, even though I'm low on cash.
There you go.
There seems to be more talk about the dislike of the TH-900 housing (not even pip-squeak about it's sound) than there is about the TH-600. Fair enough it's not out yet but I'm not certain if it's really necessarily to change this thread to a "trash the TH-900 earcups" topic.
Back on topic. Here's the TH-600 quite worn after going through 2 tours of events- CanJam and Fujiya Autumn Festival. Seeing how the black is rubbing off, I'm going to guess that that's not the final finish. Hopefully the final look retains a the Batman matt black look but in a more durable coating.
More pictures of the TH600
There's a bit of repeated info where I took the pictures (http://www.phileweb.com/news/audio/201210/27/12671.html):
-- closed type equipped with a 50mm dynamic driver of the same caliber and TH900
-- magnetic flux density of 1 Tesla strength it will be a feature on this unit
-- was adopted and black finish magnesium in the housing
-- Expression both out, detachable cable is not available.
-- release is scheduled for early next spring
-- price is assumed to be less than 100,000 yen. [less than 1250 USD] ""
(translated from Japanese by Google)
Shut up and take my.. TH600 ! prototype
Edited by devouringone3 - 10/31/12 at 11:08pm
Good to see Fostex appear to have thickened the Dx000 pads to nearly J$/Lawton Audio levels with these, maybe they looked at what head-fi users have been doing?
Any impressions on how the TH600 sounds yet?
Like AnakChan is guessing, I also think the TH600 production model will feature a different finish, so that micro-scratches don't reveal bare metal so easily:
Yes the finish of the TH900 did change from prototype to production. The shape of the cups and pads also changed.
Personally I prefer to have less isolation and less compression, so I prefer the TH900 pads to the Jmoney/Lawton.
Edited by devouringone3 - 11/17/12 at 2:26pm
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 26 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 42 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 57 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2