Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 52

post #766 of 2340

btw is TH600 considered better phones than D7000? (Haven't tried the TH600 but have tried the D7000)

 

or does TH600 just beat D7000 in all aspects? Or is it trade offs?

post #767 of 2340

I haven't heard either, but I think it really depends on which D7000 you heard.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD7000.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD7000B2012.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexTH600.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexTH900.pdf

 

From: http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads

 

I have a TH-900 and I don't find it as bass heavy as the graph indicates, but I do have a D2000 (not sure if it's old or new) which I feel is relatively bass light and also has piercing treble, but it doesn't have wood cups compared to the D7000. The D7000 wood cups really look nice though.


Edited by namaiki - 7/10/13 at 8:03pm
post #768 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyner View Post
 

btw is TH600 considered better phones than D7000? (Haven't tried the TH600 but have tried the D7000)

 

or does TH600 just beat D7000 in all aspects? Or is it trade offs?


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 2:13pm
post #769 of 2340
I miss my D7000. Those graphs don't represent the D7000s epic sub bass at all. The graph makes it look the most balanced of the 3.
post #770 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyner View Post

btw is TH600 considered better phones than D7000? (Haven't tried the TH600 but have tried the D7000)

 

or does TH600 just beat D7000 in all aspects? Or is it trade offs?

 

I think it comes down to your preferred flavor. Technically, the TH-600 surpasses the D7K in many areas, but the D7K will give you a more "fun" sound which could be appreciated or unappreciated depending on the listener. You will hear more bass with the D7K and also get more sparkle up top (but the treble is not as smooth in comparison). The treble is more refined on the TH-600 with better extension and refinement. Personally, I enjoyed the TH-600 more than the D7K only because I felt the D7K was genre specific. At times I felt it was too bassy for some tracks, and the bass could get a little bloated with complex passages. The TH-600 bass is more polite, with less mid-bass emphasis. If you listen to a variety of different genres, I think the TH-600 is more suitable. I don't have anything against the D7K, actually I really like the headphone for what it is. It is killer for electronic, pop, and some rock, really hard to beat if you can snag one for $650 or so. It is a classic, and will remain one of the best closed headphones I have ever heard. 

 

Obviously, YMMV. 


Edited by Greed - 7/10/13 at 9:39am
post #771 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

I haven't heard either, but I think it really depends on which D7000 you heard.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD7000.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD7000B2012.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexTH600.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexTH900.pdf

From: http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads


I have a TH-900 and I don't find it as bass heavy as the graph indicates, but I do have a D2000 (not sure if it's old or new) which I feel is relatively bass light and also has piercing treble, but it doesn't have wood cups compared to the D7000. The D7000 wood cups really look nice though.

Basically your TH900's housing is from wood, japanese-something wood.
post #772 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I miss my D7000. Those graphs don't represent the D7000s epic sub bass at all. The graph makes it look the most balanced of the 3.

 

I thought that that was the main difference... I know stock D5000 reaches very low and it's a bit uncontrolled (Lawton mods seem to fix that a bit), and the D2000 was also an excellent bass performer but brighter than the D5000s and the D7000 was like the refined version of both!?

post #773 of 2340
I meant of the three posted: D7000, TH600, TH900. Not the other Denons.
post #774 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I meant of the three posted: D7000, TH600, TH900. Not the other Denons.


Oh duh! LOL Sorry about that.

(I'm blaming the 2:00pm crash darn it!!!! :-p)

 

Maybe Fostex's sub-bass is actually more present/better than on the D7000?

This note from Tyll though I think it's interesting:

 

Quote:
Fostex TH-600 - Very similar to the TH-900. I think I'd still take the D5000 over it.

 

Anyway, this is still why I haven't thought of buying the TH900s anymore:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595683/fostex-th900-impressions-discussion-thread/2175#post_8833999

 

;-)

 

I'd still would like to listen to the 600s though... (as it goes more inline with the current headphones I usually use) and Tyll's remark, again, it's interesting... Hopefully he'll review both...


Edited by gelocks - 7/10/13 at 12:38pm
post #775 of 2340
Tyll seems to like fun headphones whose voicing gravitates towards the lower freqs, that's not surprising and that's just a personal comment.
Technically, I don't think he would say the 600s aren't more refined than the denon.
post #776 of 2340

.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 2:11pm
post #777 of 2340

Not only what you already said, but ideally you would be able to get the D5000 for half the price of the TH-600.

post #778 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

Not only what you already said, but ideally you would be able to get the D5000 for half the price of the TH-600.

Where? I would buy one right now for 400$, for a gift.
post #779 of 2340

I think I saw one in the forums for $450 a while back, but my point is that pricing may have affected Tyll's words when he said that he would take the D5000 over the TH-600.


Edited by namaiki - 7/10/13 at 8:27pm
post #780 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

Tyll seems to like fun headphones whose voicing gravitates towards the lower freqs, that's not surprising and that's just a personal comment.
Technically, I don't think he would say the 600s aren't more refined than the denon.

what?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones