Shame that these are so overpriced....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on 9/18/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A long time(2010) Denon D5000 owner needs advice/direction on new cans. Last post on 9/3/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! Last post on 9/20/14 at 12:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 Last post on Yesterday at 12:17 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's similar with the TH900 also, it can be ordered from Pricejapan and shipped to U.S. (and other countries) for $1660 including shipping and all fees. The most dramatic difference is the Stax SR-009 which sells for $3,600 on there vs. over $5,000 in the states. I ordered my AD2000X from there with no problems for $579 and got them in just under a week.
Those are great prices! The problem is it is a link to somewhere else (kakaku.com), and I can't read Japanese
$840 from price japan, the link was a few pages ago.
Sorry...live raw notes.
Headphone DAC/Amp: Fostex HP-A8
iTunes via Audirvana+ 1.4.6: integer mode 2
Both Headphones using 1/4" jacks
Spanish Harlem - Rebecca Pidgeon (16/44.1 FLAC)
TH-600 seems to sound wider, whilst SigDJ seems more closed but deeper imaging, & taller sound stage.
SigDJ vocals has a more intimate whilst the TH-600 seems more set-back. By this I mean positioning from the listener (not talking about mid forwardness/recess-ness).
The SigDJ's S-Logic makes some instruments sound to come from behind the listener, whilst the TH-600, it feels more like sitting on row 5.
TH-600 has more distinct instrument separation
Through The Eyes Of Love - Sarah Morgann (16/44.1 FLAC)
Again, with the SigDJ's S-Logic, I feel I'm on the stage with artist and pianist performing, whilst with the TH-600 it's more taking from an audience's position.
The SigDJ's more closed proximity to the performance makes it easier to hear the detail, but with the TH-600 it feels more natural and laid back.
Climax - Usher (16/44.1 FLAC)
SigDJ's bass...wow. Trebles are also more forward and airy but not sibilant. More engaging on the SigDJ. The TH-600 feels too refined for whilst the SigDJ feels more engaging with its all S-Logic imaging. Usher feels more "hip" with SigDJ. The TH-600 has more of attending a sophisticated black tie concert but no one's allowed to jump up 'n down to dance.
Want U Back - Cher Lloyd
SigDJ's closed but "all around you" soundstage actually feels more engaging again in comparison to the TH-600. Same Usher's Climax, the TH-600 feels a little too refined for this kind of fast fun genre.
Star Wars Main Theme - John Williams (16/44.1 FLAC)
The tables have turned again. The TH-600 feels rich, spacious with a large orchestra to breath. The instrument separation helps here. The SigDJ feels too closed for this kind of presentation.
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (DSD DSF 2.8MHz)
The TH-600's larger soundstage again seems to let this kind of rock to breath more nicely. The SigDJ actually felt more 2D-ish which surprised me. I did reseat the headphones on my ears properly for the S-Logic positioning but no improvement.
This is what I've got so far. Apologies for the brief notes.
To be honest, I didn't expect the SigDJ to perform that well. I know I wrote an impression of it last year in November, and I've had the TH-600 for the past month this year and thought the TH-600 will easily best the SigDJ's.
Today I actually picked up the very same SigDJ I reviewed last year (so it's kinda well burnt in) and thought the TH-600 would best the SigDJ in every way and in every genre. Instead I'm surprised that there were areas where the SigDJ wasn't so easily beaten.
BTW, just when I thought the TH-600 couldn't get any better. Tell ya what, this amp isn't even really warmed up yet and it's making me think I need to re-evaluate my impressions of the TH-600!!
Sexy setup!! Yowza!!!
That is one beautiful setup!
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 31 seconds ago
- › Best pricing? 34 seconds ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 36 seconds ago
- › Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 2 minutes ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 3 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 Headphone Jack problems. 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)