Shame that these are so overpriced....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fostex TH600 - Rewiring Advice Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? Last post on 4/2/14 at 2:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Advice (HD650 / HE400 / AlphaDogs / TH-600) Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- PRAT Speed fullbodied unamped: YAMAHA 220 or Shure 1540 or Fostex 600 ? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp that makes the TH600s sound good Last post on 4/14/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's similar with the TH900 also, it can be ordered from Pricejapan and shipped to U.S. (and other countries) for $1660 including shipping and all fees. The most dramatic difference is the Stax SR-009 which sells for $3,600 on there vs. over $5,000 in the states. I ordered my AD2000X from there with no problems for $579 and got them in just under a week.
Those are great prices! The problem is it is a link to somewhere else (kakaku.com), and I can't read Japanese
$840 from price japan, the link was a few pages ago.
Sorry...live raw notes.
Headphone DAC/Amp: Fostex HP-A8
iTunes via Audirvana+ 1.4.6: integer mode 2
Both Headphones using 1/4" jacks
Spanish Harlem - Rebecca Pidgeon (16/44.1 FLAC)
TH-600 seems to sound wider, whilst SigDJ seems more closed but deeper imaging, & taller sound stage.
SigDJ vocals has a more intimate whilst the TH-600 seems more set-back. By this I mean positioning from the listener (not talking about mid forwardness/recess-ness).
The SigDJ's S-Logic makes some instruments sound to come from behind the listener, whilst the TH-600, it feels more like sitting on row 5.
TH-600 has more distinct instrument separation
Through The Eyes Of Love - Sarah Morgann (16/44.1 FLAC)
Again, with the SigDJ's S-Logic, I feel I'm on the stage with artist and pianist performing, whilst with the TH-600 it's more taking from an audience's position.
The SigDJ's more closed proximity to the performance makes it easier to hear the detail, but with the TH-600 it feels more natural and laid back.
Climax - Usher (16/44.1 FLAC)
SigDJ's bass...wow. Trebles are also more forward and airy but not sibilant. More engaging on the SigDJ. The TH-600 feels too refined for whilst the SigDJ feels more engaging with its all S-Logic imaging. Usher feels more "hip" with SigDJ. The TH-600 has more of attending a sophisticated black tie concert but no one's allowed to jump up 'n down to dance.
Want U Back - Cher Lloyd
SigDJ's closed but "all around you" soundstage actually feels more engaging again in comparison to the TH-600. Same Usher's Climax, the TH-600 feels a little too refined for this kind of fast fun genre.
Star Wars Main Theme - John Williams (16/44.1 FLAC)
The tables have turned again. The TH-600 feels rich, spacious with a large orchestra to breath. The instrument separation helps here. The SigDJ feels too closed for this kind of presentation.
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (DSD DSF 2.8MHz)
The TH-600's larger soundstage again seems to let this kind of rock to breath more nicely. The SigDJ actually felt more 2D-ish which surprised me. I did reseat the headphones on my ears properly for the S-Logic positioning but no improvement.
This is what I've got so far. Apologies for the brief notes.
To be honest, I didn't expect the SigDJ to perform that well. I know I wrote an impression of it last year in November, and I've had the TH-600 for the past month this year and thought the TH-600 will easily best the SigDJ's.
Today I actually picked up the very same SigDJ I reviewed last year (so it's kinda well burnt in) and thought the TH-600 would best the SigDJ in every way and in every genre. Instead I'm surprised that there were areas where the SigDJ wasn't so easily beaten.
BTW, just when I thought the TH-600 couldn't get any better. Tell ya what, this amp isn't even really warmed up yet and it's making me think I need to re-evaluate my impressions of the TH-600!!
Sexy setup!! Yowza!!!
That is one beautiful setup!
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › Microphone or Headset? Need help! 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 38 seconds ago
- › Norse Audio: Feedback & Impression Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Next $500 Investment: SRH-1540, or Amp/DAC Setup? 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob