Shame that these are so overpriced....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for the next High end purchase Last post on 12/12/14 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats a good step up from the D5000s? Last post on 11/18/14 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gonna spend some money - I don't need advice, just fellow audiophiles to discuss options... Last post on 12/4/14 at 10:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iem recommendation Last post on 11/15/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEM with balanced connector? (compared to TH600) Last post on 11/11/14 at 11:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's similar with the TH900 also, it can be ordered from Pricejapan and shipped to U.S. (and other countries) for $1660 including shipping and all fees. The most dramatic difference is the Stax SR-009 which sells for $3,600 on there vs. over $5,000 in the states. I ordered my AD2000X from there with no problems for $579 and got them in just under a week.
Those are great prices! The problem is it is a link to somewhere else (kakaku.com), and I can't read Japanese
$840 from price japan, the link was a few pages ago.
Sorry...live raw notes.
Headphone DAC/Amp: Fostex HP-A8
iTunes via Audirvana+ 1.4.6: integer mode 2
Both Headphones using 1/4" jacks
Spanish Harlem - Rebecca Pidgeon (16/44.1 FLAC)
TH-600 seems to sound wider, whilst SigDJ seems more closed but deeper imaging, & taller sound stage.
SigDJ vocals has a more intimate whilst the TH-600 seems more set-back. By this I mean positioning from the listener (not talking about mid forwardness/recess-ness).
The SigDJ's S-Logic makes some instruments sound to come from behind the listener, whilst the TH-600, it feels more like sitting on row 5.
TH-600 has more distinct instrument separation
Through The Eyes Of Love - Sarah Morgann (16/44.1 FLAC)
Again, with the SigDJ's S-Logic, I feel I'm on the stage with artist and pianist performing, whilst with the TH-600 it's more taking from an audience's position.
The SigDJ's more closed proximity to the performance makes it easier to hear the detail, but with the TH-600 it feels more natural and laid back.
Climax - Usher (16/44.1 FLAC)
SigDJ's bass...wow. Trebles are also more forward and airy but not sibilant. More engaging on the SigDJ. The TH-600 feels too refined for whilst the SigDJ feels more engaging with its all S-Logic imaging. Usher feels more "hip" with SigDJ. The TH-600 has more of attending a sophisticated black tie concert but no one's allowed to jump up 'n down to dance.
Want U Back - Cher Lloyd
SigDJ's closed but "all around you" soundstage actually feels more engaging again in comparison to the TH-600. Same Usher's Climax, the TH-600 feels a little too refined for this kind of fast fun genre.
Star Wars Main Theme - John Williams (16/44.1 FLAC)
The tables have turned again. The TH-600 feels rich, spacious with a large orchestra to breath. The instrument separation helps here. The SigDJ feels too closed for this kind of presentation.
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (DSD DSF 2.8MHz)
The TH-600's larger soundstage again seems to let this kind of rock to breath more nicely. The SigDJ actually felt more 2D-ish which surprised me. I did reseat the headphones on my ears properly for the S-Logic positioning but no improvement.
This is what I've got so far. Apologies for the brief notes.
To be honest, I didn't expect the SigDJ to perform that well. I know I wrote an impression of it last year in November, and I've had the TH-600 for the past month this year and thought the TH-600 will easily best the SigDJ's.
Today I actually picked up the very same SigDJ I reviewed last year (so it's kinda well burnt in) and thought the TH-600 would best the SigDJ in every way and in every genre. Instead I'm surprised that there were areas where the SigDJ wasn't so easily beaten.
BTW, just when I thought the TH-600 couldn't get any better. Tell ya what, this amp isn't even really warmed up yet and it's making me think I need to re-evaluate my impressions of the TH-600!!
Sexy setup!! Yowza!!!
That is one beautiful setup!
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Pico Slim, Western Electric 421A tubes, Bottlehead Crack + Speedball 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › IEM for below $100. 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)